Home The Bridge
Options

Discovery Midweek Objective Event

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    3/4 completed (saving the second half of Arena for tomorrow). So far, as the kids would say (several years ago)...TOTES WORTH!

yx0332xprf4w.jpg
    wxnbggbh159j.jpg
    4pet05xr03vq.jpg

I also took video of myself opening 10,000,000 credits worth of Basic Reward packs for the LOLZ!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reward for Participating, 4 Valor, is excellent, and I understand it will be awarded for just completing one milestone.

Completing milestone one, of three of the objectives is very easy, and can be done doing the dailies.
    This nets three 3* crew, worth 300 honor, and the 4 valor.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to do all these arena battles is just letting me have one last grasp at Proton's dominance. I've gotten Rank 1 three times in the past hour.

I'll also have no trouble spending dilithium. I accidentally did the Captain division once.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I’ll complete some of it just because I’m playing and doing other tasks. Otherwise, it’s an easy pass on the larger expenditure benchmarks, which anyone can choose to pass on as well.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    hzrbr43xd65f.png

I power-leveled two legendaries and a SR, and did the 80 and 90 levels of another legendary…and all I spent was 2.7 million credits? Yeah I think that 10m credits goal is a bit too high. :o
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    hzrbr43xd65f.png

I power-leveled two legendaries and a SR, and did the 80 and 90 levels of another legendary…and all I spent was 2.7 million credits? Yeah I think that 10m credits goal is a bit too high. :o

There is an honor sale. You can buy a bunch of credit packs to earn extra honor.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reward for Participating, 4 Valor, is excellent, and I understand it will be awarded for just completing one milestone.

Completing milestone one, of three of the objectives is very easy, and can be done doing the dailies.
    This nets three 3* crew, worth 300 honor, and the 4 valor.

...what do you need the 4 valor for? are you short of bridge level 20? because once you max that out....the valor will get you more booms that might maybe get you part of the way to another single pull?

NOW - if we had two weeks of warning on this objective, so we'd have two sets of credit saturday ticketse to earn the credits....and the DIL spent on those tickets counted toward the DIL spent goal...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    hzrbr43xd65f.png

The timing worked well for me with a retrieval coming due, with the other 5M used to open 90k packs for honor.

This would be better if the 60 arena battles weren’t limited to a single division. It seems like a waste using all those tickets in one division; I had to keep waiting to use tickets 20-30 until I had dropped out of 1st.
  • Options
    i have only 843 dilithium. have only 6000 chronitons. have 9.000.000 instead of 10 000 000. what is the best strategy to obtain maximum pulll for me?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid-event having to run 60 arena tickets is really not when you want the game to crash on "not in a battle" and cause the game to charge a ticket that you don't get credit for. Now to see if CS responds before the OE is complete.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I wound up doing this midweek event, even though the 60 arena battles at a single level felt like a redundant waste of effort. I had great results from my 5 pulls, building off the great results I had from my 7 pulls from this pack last week as a result of the new collection rewards:

- 5th star for 5* Mirror Culber
    - 3rd star for 5* EV Burnham
    - 1st star for 5* Angel Gabrielle
    - 1st star for 5* Captain Lorca
    - 2nd star for 4* Cosmo Traitt
  • Options
    I only just discovered that it's only possible to buy 30 tickets per day. I should have started buying arena tickets yesterday. Now it's impossible to complete the OE.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    After completing this new midweek event, I have some general feedback for @Shan and the WRG team.

1. Even though there are aspects of each type of MWE that some players don't like, I do appreciate the attempt to diversify, especially since redundancy is something almost all players would agree makes the standard weekly events feel stale.

2. 60 arena battles seems like a bit much, especially if we are forced to do them all at a single level. If 60 is the magic number, which isn't bad since extra tickets can be purchased twice daily for the minimum 150 dil price, perhaps they should be for 'arena battles' instead of battles specifically in just one of the three arena divisions.

3. The 10M credit spend could be a bit of a pain without having a crew retrieval coming due (though the additional dil requirement could be spent on quantum), and would be doubly frustrating if this type of MWE was held too close to the quantum-themed MWE.

4. If not for the Disco packs, I'm not sure this MWE would hold enough value if the ultimate reward was 5 of the standard premium 10x pack. In that case, those packs are more often than not just honor, whereas these packs provided much more value (4 x useful 5* crew + 1 x a useful 4* crew for me). With a reduced value reward, I'm not so sure I would have made the same investment to complete the MWE.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    After completing this new midweek event, I have some general feedback for @Shan and the WRG team.

1. Even though there are aspects of each type of MWE that some players don't like, I do appreciate the attempt to diversify, especially since redundancy is something almost all players would agree makes the standard weekly events feel stale.

2. 60 arena battles seems like a bit much, especially if we are forced to do them all at a single level. If 60 is the magic number, which isn't bad since extra tickets can be purchased twice daily for the minimum 150 dil price, perhaps they should be for 'arena battles' instead of battles specifically in just one of the three arena divisions.

3. The 10M credit spend could be a bit of a pain without having a crew retrieval coming due (though the additional dil requirement could be spent on quantum), and would be doubly frustrating if this type of MWE was held too close to the quantum-themed MWE.

4. If not for the Disco packs, I'm not sure this MWE would hold enough value if the ultimate reward was 5 of the standard premium 10x pack. In that case, those packs are more often than not just honor, whereas these packs provided much more value (4 x useful 5* crew + 1 x a useful 4* crew for me). With a reduced value reward, I'm not so sure I would have made the same investment to complete the MWE.

I agree with all this. I would like to add that they could change it from 60 arena battles to 30 FBB battles. This would still require spending the dil.

10 mil credits isn't a big deal if people know about it far more in advance. While I understand they were working on it so it took longer to come out, the extra 3 days might be needed(this MWE came out Thursday).

I especially agree with number 4. 5x 10 pulls won't be worth effort... I would rather spend the $5 for that. Note: If they changed it to be citations or legendary beholds that may be more acceptable.
  • Options
    In the end I completed the whole OE, mainly because I was planning to spend dilithium on the event pack anyway, so completing the arena objective meant spending an additional 600 dilithium to get two more mixed beholds, which seemed acceptable. I'm satisfied with the results, but they could have been disappointing if the drops had been different.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like a perfectly reasonable OE for long-time players, if the Arena objective were to be changed into something else. Someone mentioned boss battles and that would make sense. A 30 boss battle objective would still require people to spend 600 dilithium, but it would give us back something for our effort, besides the chance to gamble on one or two beholds.

All other objectives already work that way.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, not worth it to me. I only did the chroniton one, since I have an abundance, and got honor for my behold.