Home The Bridge

Discovery Midweek Objective Event

I have just seen the new midweek objective event. And I know for one, I won't be fully completing it next week.

Here is the actually break down of you must complete.

But the full beak down is:

Complete 10 Admiral Arena Battles
Complete 30 Admiral Arena Battles
Complete 60 Admiral Arena Battles

Spend 100,000 Credits
Spend 250,000 Credits
Spend 10,000,000 Credits

Spend 100 Chronitons
Spend 1,000 Chronitons
Spend 10,000 Chronitons

Spend 10 Dilithium
Spend 72 Dilithium
Spend 950 Dilithium

And you will get 4 Valor for taking part. Or a Discovery Mixed behold if you complete it.

Comments

• Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    The “spend 10,000,000 credits” is an absolutely idiotic goal.

And 60 arena battles in two days????

Whoever is working on these offers as of late is seriously OCD about trying to eliminate players currency hoards.

This is a simple “spend down your resources” objective. Thanks but no thanks. Ill take whatever i earn passively. So, thanks for the “hey heres some free stuff” objective, because the rest of it is a waste.

Advised my fleet and UC of the same.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I'm so glad I don't care about Discovery
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    The 10m credits is the easy part. I'll convert credits to honor for the honor sale anyway.

It's the 60 arena in. 2 days that's crazy.

And spend 950 Dil for a pack that is nothing but a buy one get one free offer. It's an ok discount if you want to buy packs, but it's not really any kind of objective.

For me, having 10 million credits would be trumped I doing to crew retrievals. I rarely if ever have that kind of credit available for these types of things.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha! :D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • I appreciate WRG trying new things. Not everything has to be for everyone - the player base is diverse as far as why people are playing the game (and how they're playing it). This one will be like the Fleet Boss Objective Event for me: play as I normally do and take whatever that gives me. I do like the notion of having a behold pack tied to a collection as a reward for objective events. More of that please!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    The saddest part of this midweek event is that if you burn all those resources you get a mixed Discovery behold. This week we got a 10x premium pack just for using 400 credits... you'd be better off just using the dil to purchase a mixed Discovery behold directly, as opposed to suffering through this overpriced resource drain masquerading as a midweek event!
  • Okay, so we'll need a crew slot sale and an event pack for credits next week.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll do the credits. I have a crew retrieval that should be due next week. outside of that. It will be a major pass.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    If you do plan on playing this mini event, remember your purchase of arena tickets is spending Dil. I do not know what a second purchase of arena tickets cost. If the second purchase is still 150 dil, then you will have spent 600 dil, only needing 350 dil. more. So on Wednesday you get xtra sets of cadet tickets. Or, you could spend dil. for credits . A lot of options.

But, for me , I agree with the post above. haha!😆

Also, in spending 10k chon., if you are leveling someone you will be spending credits making the items to equip them. So, all in all, the cost will not be as high as first glance.
    But when you use that mix behold what will you get. For these type of expenditures I would want a known crew or a citation.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is almost nothing.

10M credits? Easy. Half that will be for a Retrieval.
    10k Chrons? Sitting at 7200 right now. I’ll go pick up a 2/5 Bryce and then complete this just to be cocky.
    60 Arena wins? Well, I don’t really like buying arena tickets but 450 DIL gets me a behold.
    950 DIL? Well, I just spent 450 DIL. Another 500 won’t kill me. There’s 490 DIL packs, Quantum purchases, etc.

Not sure I see the big deal here and I’m saying that as a low spender.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
    Webberoni wrote: »
    They have clearly prioritized an anti-hoarding approach to incentivized in-game mini events and features, which is disheartening to say the least.

There’s not enough anti-hoarding in this game. Should I share a screen shot of my Replicator Ration collection?
  • I'm wondering whether crew retrieval will count for the credits part. If yes, I will probably complete that one and the chronitons one.
  • spend DIL and Chronos for OE... pass pass pass
  • I received several Discovery Mixed Beholds from the Collection (hit the 120 threshold). Out of those I got one new Legendary and one star on an existing Legendary. That was it.

I don't think I could pass any harder on an OE than this upcoming one.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?!'" - Chris Knight

Moderator of r/startrektimelines
    Fleet - Inner Planets Alliance Fleet of Pubs
    Captain Level - 99
    Player since - May 2016
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is likely a pass for me but more because when I cashed in my pulls from the DISCO collection (I got seven of them), I got nothing but FF'ed Beholds and Begolds. Would expect much the same from any packs I get through this. I'll just adopt the approach of play regularly and see what I get.

I am not certain I can meet the credit spend OE anyways. I just did a CR this morning, so won't have the quantum by next week to do another. And while I can do a bunch of replications and basic pulls, do I want to do that? Probably not.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    EnderW wrote: »
    I am not certain I can meet the credit spend OE anyways. I just did a CR this morning, so won't have the quantum by next week to do another. And while I can do a bunch of replications and basic pulls, do I want to do that? Probably not.

Normally I level relevant crew as soon as I get them. Since we’re starting off with a Skirmish I can neglect that. T’Rina, Burnham, Bryce and Kovich can wait till Tuesday. I suspect it would normally cost 3-5M to level all four crew.

Not having a CR ready would make it more annoying although some Quantum speed up might help.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »

Normally I level relevant crew as soon as I get them. Since we’re starting off with a Skirmish I can neglect that. T’Rina, Burnham, Bryce and Kovich can wait till Tuesday. I suspect it would normally cost 3-5M to level all four crew.

Not having a CR ready would make it more annoying although some Quantum speed up might help.

Ya , and Quantum speed up during the mini event would be another way of spending dil.

But, it does depend on what one pulls. For me, rather have a sure thing. Though i probably would be ok. Just not that big on Discovery crew.
  • SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Oh, well this OE **tsk tsk**.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical WRG
    One step forward(awesome collection and pack)
    Two steps back (terrible OE connected to it)

Instead of just accepting the positive reaction from launching the packs they had to go and add this oe. It's like either they're clueless how players will react or they don't care how many players they will piss off.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Typical WRG
    One step forward(awesome collection and pack)
    Two steps back (terrible OE connected to it)

Instead of just accepting the positive reaction from launching the packs they had to go and add this oe. It's like either they're clueless how players will react or they don't care how many players they will piss off.

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if we are going to get a spend credits offer to go with it, like the recent 650k packs.

Other than that it will be difficult.
    I'm wondering whether crew retrieval will count for the credits part. If yes, I will probably complete that one and the chronitons one.

Yes, and that is the wild card. Whether you will have a crew retrieval timed for the event.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No words to react to this. Just this.
    giphy.gif
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool little idea. I know some will hate it because of the Dil aspect (which causes fomo) but the rewards are more useful to me than something like quantum or a purple citation. May not do them all but that's alright.
  • I love this OE. I don't get it how ppl are pissed off by an event that's not mandatory to participate in. Guys, remember it's just a game, and you're not forced to do anything for it. I get it... fomo... If fomo is an issue, then take this opportunity right here to break free from it.

Are you joking? A fear of missing out?

Do you believe that:

10,000,000 credits is equal to 950 dilithium?

And

10,000 chronitons is equal to 950 dilithium?

And

That its a good precedent to make objective events into glorified resource drains?

If so, then you are not getting something others are missing out on. You are getting something that others are not interested in.

I think the reason people are dissapointed by this OE Is due to the trend with the larest fbb OE and now this one, and also the critical cheoniton levels, there is simply no skill involved. They are all resource drains. Plain and simple.

And the “rewards” are debatably not exactly worth the price of admission.

FOMO, is something entirely different.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    In reading the above post by @Princess_Uhura , I think there could be a simple solution.

Make the reward for spending 10,000,000 credits and using 10,000 Chron. 950 dil. not the DIS pack that you could buy with 950 dil.

Now if you obtain either the 10,000,000 or 10,000 Chron. reward you can complete the 60 arena or spend 950 dil. just by completing one of those two.