Home The Bridge
Options

Brain poking time ^^

Comments

• Options
    Someone else mentioned tie-ins so now I get to do one. It's the law.

The old comics had the Worst of Both Worlds storyline, which doesn't present you with any new Borg, but you've got a whole alternate Enterprise-D crew to pull Borg adjacent characters from.

6ru5fy0adm0d.png

Eyepatch Riker and shoulder pads Worf are probably the most visually distinct.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Khan anything <3:)

Timelines Original Assimilated Khan?

Eh, I'd rather not, but the original post mention engineered, not only borg, and all the Khans have the engineered trait. 🤷
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    As a Voyager fan:
    Andresyn wrote: »

Workforce Seven (VOY: Workforce)
    EnderW wrote: »

There's also Infected Future Janeway (or Vice Adirmal Janeway) from the Voyager finale.

I don't think we have the voyager queen.

+1 on these

If we're talking variants of Seven, the one from The Gift would be great (when she's still mostly Borg and struggling with her new condition/arguing with Janeway about having her implants removed).

Alternatively a black and white variant from Bride of Chaotica would be fun too.

Also, Lansor, Marika Wilkarah and P'Chan (Two of Nine, Three of Nine and Four of Nine) from Survival Instict (VOY). They're the three former Borg drones who track down Seven, find out about her betrayal when they were still a part of the collective and subsequently have their remaining implants removed by the Doctor. They could also make for an interesting merge card.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of generic drones. Perhaps as 2 or 3 star? I also like the Borg Popsicles from Enterprise. What about Sisko's first wife during the Borg attack?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Borg, Borg Magnus as a new 2*. His battle skill would be "Papa" and he'd have a fantastic attack boost for a green. That was the instant Seven was done with the Collective forever.

Engineered- What about the Cabal Suliban? I've always wondered why Silik isn't in the Engineered group. He certainly was. Sarin was as well, though she rejected it.
    How about Khan trying to form an alliance with the Cabal and use a mix of pro/con type crew as the story drivers- Sarin, General Grat, Dr. Lense on one side and Adam Soong, et c on the other. Certainly be a fun Mega!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I think an Assimilated Saru would be interesting, artwise

And if we are going originals, a The Pale Man Saru. He pretty much is already this, just has to have his hands over his eyes for this & less uniform
  • Options
    Most of these posts are about the Borg, figured I would give the Engineered some love:

Antaak post-virus
    5ja3xaw8fxtm.png

Excalbian Kahless
    oers1bm7oy0h.png

Stavos Keniclius 5 from TAS "The Infinite Vulcan"
    z1zj0y14hz6v.png

Udar
    cxpdscowuu42.png

I think the Platonians are technically engineered, would love to see Alexander
    7m2o4m9cct5u.png

An alternate Miral Paris where they went through with erasing Klingon traits (just Lisa LoCicero)
    cgmszilw83s0.png

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pancakes wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned tie-ins so now I get to do one. It's the law.

The old comics had the Worst of Both Worlds storyline, which doesn't present you with any new Borg, but you've got a whole alternate Enterprise-D crew to pull Borg adjacent characters from.

6ru5fy0adm0d.png

Eyepatch Riker and shoulder pads Worf are probably the most visually distinct.

I remember "The Worst of Both Worlds"! DC's TNG ongoing, #47-50. I'm totally down with Eyepatch Riker.
  • Options
    Throwing my hat in here:

Engineered -
    "Klingon" Archer where he injects himself with the augment virus in Divergence
    EV Suit Khan or whatever you would call Khan when they first show up on the planet in Wrath of Khan
    (the awesome metal and cloth mask)

Borg -
    A Timelines Original Assimilated Species 8472 might be kinda fun as a what if
    As previously stated the rest of the "of 9" crew in their mostly human states would be a blast.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of assimilated Tribble renderings online.
  • Options
    Stavos Keniclius 5 from TAS "The Infinite Vulcan"
    z1zj0y14hz6v.png

I was going to suggest this, but beyond being inexplicably giant, I wasn't sure if Keniclius was genetically engineered, or just a geneticist. If this counts then Giant Spock counts too and I want Giant Spock.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule in Hell, Ceti Alpha V or Hell's Heart Khan.

tg80arcl3bp8.png

08i64ru4bac0.png

fpkbigw0cs7i.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Engineered:

Kore Soong
    Khan in Reliant's Captain's chair
    Khan "I shall stab at thee"
  • Options
    I’d really like to see “4 Lights Picard” and “John Doe” from the TNG Tranfigurations episode.
    g0n1h03p7g7d.jpeg
    iae3km60yxoy.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    AsmodanAsmodan ✭✭✭
    has anyone mentioned Björn Borg? i think he retired. ;-)
    pro deo et denny crane
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d really like to see “4 Lights Picard” and “John Doe” from the TNG Tranfigurations episode.
    g0n1h03p7g7d.jpeg
    iae3km60yxoy.jpeg

Noted Engineered/Borg crew 4 Lights Picard.
  • Options
    They have for the most part stayed away from minors in the game so it is unlikely they would feature a character that is being tortured.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have for the most part stayed away from minors in the game so it is unlikely they would feature a character that is being tortured.

And also… he’s not Borg or Engineered… which is the topic of this thread.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

And also… he’s not Borg or Engineered… which is the topic of this thread.

He has an artificial heart, and can hear the Borg.

I don't think he is what WRG are looking for, but it what they asked for.
  • Options
    @Shan, will WRG be using any characters from the new IDW comic series with Sisko leading the crew of the USS Theseus? Theseus Sisko, Theseus Lily Sato, Theseus Data, etc would be awesome
  • Options
    @Shan, will WRG be using any characters from the new IDW comic series with Sisko leading the crew of the USS Theseus? Theseus Sisko, Theseus Lily Sato, Theseus Data, etc would be awesome

I think they will have enough new content from new seasons of Picard, Lower Decks, and SNW without having to delve into comics
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's asking because we already have. There is precedent. The Mirror Next Generation crew and teal-shoulder Pulaski are both from comics. I'm actually looking forward to getting Mirror Riker. Technically, President Archer is from the novels. IDIC Bring them all!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's asking because we already have. There is precedent. The Mirror Next Generation crew and teal-shoulder Pulaski are both from comics. I'm actually looking forward to getting Mirror Riker. Technically, President Archer is from the novels. IDIC Bring them all!

Back when most of those cards were added was before we started averaging about a new episode of Trek per week.

Most people don’t have time to keep up with all of the Trek media that is being released these days.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real answer is licensing/marketing. Does WRG think adding IDW comics will increase sales. Or does IDW think featuring comic characters in STT will increase comic sales. If they both think they can increase sales, they'll do it. If one party thinks they can benefit, do they want to pay the other party enough to make it worth their while.

I would guess adding comic characters won't really change STT sales much. But if IDW wants to use STT to promote the comics then they could approach WRG about featuring them.

Given it was mostly done once years ago and hasn't been done since, I would tend to doubt there was enough benefit for either party to do it again. But that's just my speculation.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been ages since I last looked at any Star Trek comics or novels. I can still recall how I felt back when I was an active reader, though, and I'd definitely have gotten a kick out of characters from them turning up in Timelines. Sometimes things are worth doing because they're fun or cool. Somewhere out there is a player who actually read the DS9 comic with Pulaski that gave us her 5* variant, and that deep dive blew their mind. That's good enough for me to support.

Also, it occurred to me that assimilated Borg variants aren't the only way to come up with new, non-canonical variants of interest. I think there's room for some fun new Changelings! What better opportunity for the Changelings to go monkeying with intergalactic politics than impersonating people who already have multiple versions of themselves running around?

[On that note, I still think a fuse gimmick could be fun. Give us a generic 1* Changeling/Borg Drone and create a couple different crew they could be fused with to create Changeling/Assimilated variants.]
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The real answer is licensing/marketing. Does WRG think adding IDW comics will increase sales. Or does IDW think featuring comic characters in STT will increase comic sales. If they both think they can increase sales, they'll do it. If one party thinks they can benefit, do they want to pay the other party enough to make it worth their while.

I would guess adding comic characters won't really change STT sales much. But if IDW wants to use STT to promote the comics then they could approach WRG about featuring them.

Given it was mostly done once years ago and hasn't been done since, I would tend to doubt there was enough benefit for either party to do it again. But that's just my speculation.

I definitely sought out and bought the Mirror TNG comics after I encountered the cards in the game, and I am sure I wasn't alone.

It's unusual for us to go from STT to other Star Trek media, usually the interest runs the other way. So while I don't have a strong opinion either way, I would wholeheartedly support more beta canon cross promotion. It might be fun to have some of the Timelines Originals appear in comics for example.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Bring on the Star Trek/Green Lantern Crossover Mega then!
    Hell, why not PotA as well? 😄
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Well, if we're going down that route how about Wolf-359 Wolverine (from Star Trek TNG/X-Men)? He's Borg-adjacent, right? And engineered as well for that matter.
  • Options
    Any of the Bashir's engineered pals from DS9 ("Chrysalis" et al) who haven't been represented or versions of those who have: Jack, Lauren, and Patrick (my fav-o-rite).