Home The Bridge

Brain poking time ^^

13»

Comments

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit of an odd thought, but shouldn't any variant of Neelix after "Mortal Coil" have "Borg"? Seven used nano probes to resurrect him. He probably still has some in him. Then again, post "BoBW" Picards don't, so that tracks. A specific "Resurrected Neelix" would be fun though. We have briefly Borg Chakotay from "Unity" and "Scorpion" Chakotay.
    Can we get a 2* Dronecicle from "Enterprise"?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • A specific "Resurrected Neelix" would be fun though.

+1 on this

• Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the Bashir's engineered pals from DS9 ("Chrysalis" et al) who haven't been represented or versions of those who have: Jack, Lauren, and Patrick (my fav-o-rite).

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get a gold Bashir during the DS9 event. How many top Siskos are there? Kira? Even Quark. But Bashir? 🤔
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the Bashir's engineered pals from DS9 ("Chrysalis" et al) who haven't been represented or versions of those who have: Jack, Lauren, and Patrick (my fav-o-rite).

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get a gold Bashir during the DS9 event. How many top Siskos are there? Kira? Even Quark. But Bashir? 🤔

Wow, you're right. I still think about Darth Bashir from when he launched. I didn't realize how far he's fallen. I still use Kal'Hyah on occasion because of his skill combo, but I didn't realize how weak the Bashir pool is these days.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

We have six 5* Bashir's right now, and three 5* Quarks. Oh, and eight Kiras. I'm not sure you're making the point that you think you're making.

A dozen Siskos I'll concede that one, but he was the series lead after all.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WRG Ben & @WRG Team , who will pick up the ball and run with it?

Just typing that sentence sounded stupid in my head, but players will want some answers soon.

I wish all of you the best.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • @WRG Ben & @WRG Team , who will pick up the ball and run with it?

Just typing that sentence sounded stupid in my head, but players will want some answers soon.

I will be!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    @WRG Ben & @WRG Team , who will pick up the ball and run with it?

I will be!
    Yay! Now, let's discuss some things ...

To recap:
    1. Borg
    2. Engineered
    3. Borg adjacent

I like some of the above ideas for Borg or adjacent. Engineered screams Bloody-eyed Khan.

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been ages since I last looked at any Star Trek comics or novels. I can still recall how I felt back when I was an active reader, though, and I'd definitely have gotten a kick out of characters from them turning up in Timelines. Sometimes things are worth doing because they're fun or cool. Somewhere out there is a player who actually read the DS9 comic with Pulaski that gave us her 5* variant, and that deep dive blew their mind. That's good enough for me to support.

Also, it occurred to me that assimilated Borg variants aren't the only way to come up with new, non-canonical variants of interest. I think there's room for some fun new Changelings! What better opportunity for the Changelings to go monkeying with intergalactic politics than impersonating people who already have multiple versions of themselves running around?

[On that note, I still think a fuse gimmick could be fun. Give us a generic 1* Changeling/Borg Drone and create a couple different crew they could be fused with to create Changeling/Assimilated variants.]

I want Piper if we start getting novel people! Loved "Dreadnaught". IIRC, the first actual mention I came across of the Enterprise actually having a head. Was implied in a few TOS episodes that the "side room" in people's quarters were heads. But do not think was actually acknowledged.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Bit of an odd thought, but shouldn't any variant of Neelix after "Mortal Coil" have "Borg"? Seven used nano probes to resurrect him. He probably still has some in him. Then again, post "BoBW" Picards don't, so that tracks. A specific "Resurrected Neelix" would be fun though. We have briefly Borg Chakotay from "Unity" and "Scorpion" Chakotay.
    Can we get a 2* Dronecicle from "Enterprise"?

Neelix definitely. I would think he would need the Borg nanites to stay resurrected. On Picard not sure if he would still have nanites or not. Could they remove all of them? And wouldn't he also be engineered since bionics were used to replace his arm and stuff? Kayla and Airiam are Engineered because they have tech. Actually, under the new rule every Picard except the alt version from "Tapestry" should be Engineered.
  • mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Assimilated.........Badgey?!
    cejggablobbx.gif
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    ChaosChild wrote: »

We have six 5* Bashir's right now, and three 5* Quarks. Oh, and eight Kiras. I'm not sure you're making the point that you think you're making.

A dozen Siskos I'll concede that one, but he was the series lead after all.

How many of the Bashir golds are there that people use on a regular use? His best tier is a 6, best voyage #219 & best usage us probably Bashir, Julian Bashir because of his 5 collections

Kira has got Surrogate & Breen disguise, Luma Rahl too if you want to stretch it to top 100 voyagers
    O'Brien has Raquetball & if you are lucky enough, Scapegoat plus the upcoming event groom, While Jadzia doesn't have any top crew at the moment, Niners Ezri gets plenty of work

*there are7 Bashirs, 4 gold Quarks, 10 Kiras & 13 siskos 🙂

I totally get that Sisko's the lead character but there was an opportunity to give one of the other main characters a new card instead of a new card in the DS9 event instead of the same character that is also in the Campaign then what looks to be the reoccurring event crew 🤷‍♂️

Just my take
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're getting into advocating for new 5* DS9 main cast crew, I'm obliged to point out that Odo only has three such variants and two of them are 2-skillers (Jazz Musician, 10/9/16, and Umpire, 2/19/17). Zhian'tara Odo is the only one with three skills and he's also the youngest of the lot, having been added on 9/17/17. 5½ years is quite a drought. Hell, he's only even had one 4* variant since then, and that was Bagman Odo (8/23/21).
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Groom Odo from his marriage to Lwaxana would be fun. So would the matching Lwaxana.
    As for engineered, what about Una? Does La'an count as Engineered or Engineered adjacent? She clearly still has some of the traits.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for German Shephard Odo from one of my favorite DS9 episodes, Little Green Men!
  • Every time this thread comes up I read it as "Brian poking time"...
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for German Shephard Odo from one of my favorite DS9 episodes, Little Green Men!

I'm worried the M.A.S.H. cross-over Odo is as close as we are going to get.

But, German Shepherd Odo would be cool. Strong Security and {for being a Good Boy} strong Diplomacy.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »

I'm worried the M.A.S.H. cross-over Odo is as close as we are going to get.

But, German Shepherd Odo would be cool. Strong Security and {for being a Good Boy} strong Diplomacy.

Too bad we didn't get a Hot Lips Dehner.