Home The Bridge
Options

It's been a long road ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I had hoped to never have to post this… Shan you’ve been around since I started playing and timelines just won’t be the same without you. Good luck with everything you will be missed :heart:

y8gebtlv4eg0.jpeg

Don’t take this one seriously :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Community managing like this is often a thankless job so I'm glad to see people aren't willing to let you leave without saying thank you! Your helpfulness, good humor and patience will be missed. Best of luck to you, wherever you go from here.
    Join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Server:
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, since this is sadly the end, there will NEVER be another chance to remember this moment....

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/15324/4th-convergence-day-shan-appreciation/p1
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, may the wind ever be at your back and road ever be smooth.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Aw Shan.. words can not express the appreciation of the great job you did here, and behind the scenes. You'll be sorely missed. Best wishes to whatever your future holds, and thank you for Shepparding us along, and reminders to always be kind. As always, LLAP

Adm KopaceticK
  • Options
    Frankly, I don't know how you have tolerated the lot of us for so long, Shan.

Probably the same way that Jadzia was able to tolerate that lot of Ferengi. Or are we worse...?

Worse

Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye Shan.
  • Options
    Frankly, I don't know how you have tolerated the lot of us for so long, Shan.

Probably the same way that Jadzia was able to tolerate that lot of Ferengi. Or are we worse...?

Worse

Surely not. We're all family here.

z6tn9exoen1d.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, take care, @Shan, you will be very missed. Thanks for everything you've done. Safe travels.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    gzmdhxld2avy.png
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ll miss you Shan. Good luck in your future endeavors.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Live long, and prosper, Shan!
  • Options
    You will be missed. LLAP
  • Options
    Gone but never forgotten. Thank you Shan and all the very best for the future, wherever it takes you.
  • Options
    I'm usually lurking but had to comment on this one. Best wishes Shan! You will be missed ❣️
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I picked a fine few days to be away from the forum. LLAP Shan. 🖖
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye Shan, and good luck!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would love to see you on timelines talks so we could all thank you in person.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would love to see you on timelines talks so we could all thank you in person.

Aww thank you for the offer and the sentiment :)
    For a variety of reasons it is not something I would feel comfortable doing though :)
  • Options
    As a relative newbie here, I just wanted to say that your enthusiasm was infectious, your knowledge of trek was bottomless and you made myself, and I imagine others, comfortable here no matter what stripe of fandom they came from. Good luck out there and thank you for everything.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

For a variety of reasons it is not something I would feel comfortable doing though :)

DO the witness thing where they just make you a silhoutte and disguise your voice. :wink:
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

DO the witness thing where they just make you a silhoutte and disguise your voice. :wink:

Y'all need to read the fine print between the lines, people.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Took a bit of a break, thought it over, and I'm still not processing this well. Shan is without question the finest forum moderator I've ever encountered and over the years has become part of the community here. People like Shan start to infiltrate the parameters of friend/family and those are the people you fight for. I want Shan to stay, everyone I've spoken with wants Shan to stay, so here goes...

...if this decision was financially motivated, how much would it cost to keep Shan? Is there a way there could be a Save Shan LTO in game? A one-time bundle of various goodies with all proceeds going toward keeping Shan? Shan is important, Shan has value to all of us, this is worth doing.

Please do this.

It may have been her choice. Sometimes better offers come around and people choose to move on to a new company.

At least I hope that's the case.

It feels weird to see the forums without Shan and someone from a different field taking over her job, but hopefullly it means something good for her professional life. We can't expect her to stay at WRG forever just because the players love her :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    We can't expect her to stay at WRG forever just because the players love her :sweat_smile:

...but we can dream...

Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed.

You are one of a kind Shan and will be greatly missed. Thank you for everything you have done for this community; the seen and unseen.

May your road ahead be as bright and amazing as you are.

All the best to you Shan. Hopefully our paths will cross again one day. Until then .....
    wn8rjghxas2s.gif
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.