Home The Bridge
Options

Feb mega speculation.

Speculation thread for the February mega.

o6upyn9u1z41.png

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a sisko to me, so I'm guessing a DS9 related mega.

Just wish they had chosen one who had washed his hands, maybe that's why he's in prison
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Oh, that's gonna be Zhian'tara Sisko, when he hosted the personality of Joran in the episode Facets. I'd imagine this will be some combination of Trill-Dax-Prisoner-Criminal.

kxbq9q6uiamt.jpg

Think you sussed it out.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that's gonna be Zhian'tara Sisko, when he hosted the personality of Joran in the episode Facets. I'd imagine this will be some combination of Trill-Dax-Prisoner-Criminal.

https://youtu.be/OXwgIfKYZ-M
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    The Sisko, Conflicted Sisko & now Sisko with hair?
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    54yxxm1xb00c.jpg

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trill, and hopefully with a collection to go along with it! Spending last year immortalizing every Jadzia looks to pay off soon! Also, there's a strong chance I'll want to splurge on recap packs so I hope those will resume after being omitted from this month's nontraditional mega-event.
  • Options
    Trill, and hopefully with a collection to go along with it! Spending last year immortalizing every Jadzia looks to pay off soon! Also, there's a strong chance I'll want to splurge on recap packs so I hope those will resume after being omitted from this month's nontraditional mega-event.

They also could finally add the DS 9 Collection.
  • Options
    And Bajoran 🙄
  • Options

Please though could we change the rewards from mixed beholds to boosts if this does happen
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please though could we change the rewards from mixed beholds to boosts if this does happen

I loved the Disco mixed beholds. Even though I already had a ton of Discovery crew, I ended up with quite a few that I needed. Although with DS9, there would be a lot larger set of crew involved, so the odds of getting one that I wanted would probably be far lower.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

I loved the Disco mixed beholds. Even though I already had a ton of Discovery crew, I ended up with quite a few that I needed. Although with DS9, there would be a lot larger set of crew involved, so the odds of getting one that I wanted would probably be far lower.
    Precisely
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Sadly many of the DS9 crew are old with bad stats. They could really use a stat increase.

I really enjoyed Discovery. Try it again sometime and you may as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, and remember that we were recently solicited for ideas for a new Jadzia - I'd wager she'll be the mega-5*.
  • Options

Agreed, and remember that we were recently solicited for ideas for a new Jadzia - I'd wager she'll be the mega-5*.

The teaser is usually the Recurring.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    A "Facets" themed Mega would cover the whole cast, plus. I'd be down with that.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    A "Facets" themed Mega would cover the whole cast, plus. I'd be down with that.

Makes sense. Is that Dax from that episode or the one where they "fix" her, because criminal host is not integrated and it is breaking her brain?
  • Options
    He's from "Facets", just like the Odo. We actually saw Joran in "Equilibrium" earlier in Season Three and again in Season Seven's "Field of Fire". Two different actors, if memory serves.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re lucky in that many of us have seen what a game studio shutting down looks like from DB: lots of hard to pass up offers. We’re not seeing those.

That being said, I have to wonder why WRG Ben is the poor guy who has to do 2 jobs. It probably makes more sense to have the story writer and the artist for the new crew announce each event and give little insights into what’s special about these crew (aside from Shan’s listing of collections).
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I think it is safe to say this a Dax Zhian'tara themed Mega. I think it's also safe to say that Trill will be one of the featured traits; the question is what is the other one? Looking at Zhian'tara Odo for clues, could it be communicator?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Ok, so I think it is safe to say this a Dax Zhian'tara themed Mega. I think it's also safe to say that Trill will be one of the featured traits; the question is what is the other one? Looking at Zhian'tara Odo for clues, could it be communicator?

The recurring will be Joran Sisko or Zhian'tara Sisko or whatever the hell they end up calling him, so in a perfect world, it'd also be Bajoran and we'd get that and Trill both as collections.
  • Options
    With the Disco collection as precedent, we could get a straight up DS9 collection. I wouldn't object to that either.
  • Options
    With the Disco collection as precedent, we could get a straight up DS9 collection. I wouldn't object to that either.

That would be sweet.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be sweet.

Except the number of DS9 crew are so high that a special behold would be nearly worthless. DIS was nice because the number of crew were small enough that there was a decent chance the behold was someone we needed.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

That would be sweet.

Except the number of DS9 crew are so high that a special behold would be nearly worthless. DIS was nice because the number of crew were small enough that there was a decent chance the behold was someone we needed.

Still be nice to get the Collection. Since there isn't one.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be sweet.

And there were many good Disco crew. The majority of the DS9 crew are terrible.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    165 Disco crew.
    10 (or 12) Bartender crew.
    190 Romantic crew.
    248 DS9 crew.

Read into this what you want, but I don't think taking the 1112 crew (number of CR-able cards) Portal size down to 248 is that bad. But opinions will vary.

* All quick counts off of the BB search, so numbers may be off a bit.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

That would be sweet.

And there were many good Disco crew. The majority of the DS9 crew are terrible.

The majority of the DS9 crew are old. Some crew haven't had a variant, let alone a gold, in years. A couple I don't remember versions of in the four years I've played. It would be nice to finish off older crew and freeze them without retrieving or citing. The more you have done, the more milestone rewards right off. I'll take it. I still have several DS9 crew without an immortal gold and a couple I don't have, like 5* Damar or Sirella I'd like to get.