Home The Bridge
Options

Typo in the Feb2023-Mar2023 Trill Mega-Event Announcement

I feel badly complaining, but I just read the in-game email about the upcoming mega-event. The last two events in it are marked as starting February 2nd & February 9th. They should be marked as starting March 2nd & March 9th. Please correct. The newer players will be confused.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I feel badly complaining, but I just read the in-game email about the upcoming mega-event. The last two events in it are marked as starting February 2nd & February 9th. They should be marked as starting March 2nd & March 9th. Please correct. The newer players will be confused.

You forgot doing the third event this past weekend?

wg2wlcn00mcj.gif

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as we are at it you should have said “I feel bad complaining” not “I feel badly complaining” because it is an emotional feeling not a physical feeling.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

As long as we are at it you should have said “I feel bad complaining” not “I feel badly complaining” because it is an emotional feeling not a physical feeling.

Or, the OP actually gets physically ill at the thought of confrontation. Is an actual thing.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options

Or, the OP actually gets physically ill at the thought of confrontation. Is an actual thing.

True. We may need a follow up.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

My empathy legit has me getting a little nauseous. It's so strong it's like one of my medical conditions. I seriously cannot watch stuff like "Lovecraft Country". Started getting sick a couple of episodes in because I know that how the lead characters were being treated was just a shadow of what real people went through {and still sometimes go through!} for being "different" or "less than".
  • Options

My empathy legit has me getting a little nauseous. It's so strong it's like one of my medical conditions. I seriously cannot watch stuff like "Lovecraft Country". Started getting sick a couple of episodes in because I know that how the lead characters were being treated was just a shadow of what real people went through {and still sometimes go through!} for being "different" or "less than".

I think you mean your empathy legit has you getting a little nauseating, unless you are now causing nausea in other people.
  • Options

I think you mean your empathy legit has you getting a little nauseating, unless you are now causing nausea in other people.

Isn't it the other way around?
  • Options

Isn't it the other way around?

I did screw up in that I should have written "nauseated." Nauseating is the verb for the thing causing nausea. Nauseous used to mean causing nausea, but has been used so commonly to describe feeling nausea that apparently that's now an accepted definition for it. So, I stand corrected. This is what I get for trying to participate in a thread joke. I need to remember I'm only funny in person and never online.
  • Options
    I'm unironically loving the direction that this thread took.
  • Options
    Could we focus on the fact that three of the four events will give you a 4/4 purple, meaning you would need only one citation to have all of them FF. I don't think I've EVER bought a Mega Pack before. I was considering doing it this time to see if I hit well, but, with 7/8 purples surplus, I'm passing.

I'm not even sure what they are thinking the "logic" is of doing a "RECAP" Pack BEFORE the Event even starts is. People do RECAPS to fill in holes. Kind of hard to know where the holes are before you even start.

Two out of three Pre-Cogs are saying "WTF?!?!?"
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not sure doing pre-Recap packs is as smart as they think. I'm going to spend the same amount of dilithium as I normally spend on these packs. And I'm likely playing exactly as I did before, which is aiming for just two stars on the golds (maybe push for a third star but I doubt it; that is a lot of extra work and resources). The only difference I see is I'll airlock the crew I get in the events; which I would have done with the recap packs. I don't see this changing my game play.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    The thing is there is something in the wording that is making my brain not think it won't be the 390 discount price. "We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past." I can't decide whether they mean it won't be available after the Mega, like usual, or it won't be at a discount price after. It's vague and my brain is screaming 650 dil.
    Edit- I reread it again. Is it going to be JUST the new crew? "This time around we will be running a mega pack at the beginning of the month that contains all the new crew from throughout the whole mega."
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    The thing is there is something in the wording that is making my brain not think it won't be the 390 discount price. "We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past." I can't decide whether they mean it won't be available after the Mega, like usual, or it won't be at a discount price after. It's vague and my brain is screaming 650 dil.
    Edit- I reread it again. Is it going to be JUST the new crew? "This time around we will be running a mega pack at the beginning of the month that contains all the new crew from throughout the whole mega."

I read "on sale" to mean "available for purchase," not "at a discounted price," and I read "all the new crew..." to just mean the pool of featured crew in the packs will include the ones from weeks 2-4 prior to their events running, which has never been done.
  • Options
    If the recap packs are not the 390 price then there is no reason to buy them besides snagging a FTM which looks less and less likely since the legendaries are all in Dabo.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    One could find it interesting that there is zero response to the direct question about availability and cost......
  • Options
    One could find it interesting that there is zero response to the direct question about availability and cost......

Eh, it's Saturday. Neither Shan or any of the others ever really chimed in on anything on the forum over the weekend unless there was something wrong with the game. It's fair to point out we'd been asking since before the weekend, but I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Eh, it's Saturday. Neither Shan or any of the others ever really chimed in on anything on the forum over the weekend unless there was something wrong with the game. It's fair to point out we'd been asking since before the weekend, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Would not even be a question if the Announcement addressed it. Like "What is usually the Recap Pack will be available ahead of time from "X" date to "X" date and the price will be the normal amount {or not}."

They are trying a little harder to communicate. I acknowledge that. But, when things are changed, somewhat more communication would help reduce questions.

Especially if every Event or Mega is going to be an experiment.

Something new this week for the Rerun. Something new next week for the whole Mega. At a certain saturation point, changes are going to raise questions. Less questions happen when the changes are more fully explained.

EDIT: Look at how confusing the Announcement was about the Krem this week. People were asking all kinds of questions. Some of them because Ben used internal terms for things.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I want to be perfectly clear. I am not saying Ben is doing a horrible job. He literally just started doing the Event Announcement thing. He just has had the misfortune that both Announcements have represented some pretty big changes to the Events being discussed.

I'm just trying to give constructive positive feedback on the importance of communicating as many details as possible about the changes. Sometimes that is hard. Some people came away from the Rerun Announcement thinking there were three copies of Krem in the Threshold. People thought he was going to be in the Community Rewards. Some even seemed to think he was going to be in the Ranked Rewards. Some of the confusion about the Threshold was that people did not clearly understand what "High and Medium Offers" was. Because players do not talk that way. Some people, since the phrase was in the sentence with the Threshold being mentioned, took it to mean two other copies at other places in the Threshold. "High and Medium Offers" is what the company calls the two levels of offers for the Legendary Crew. Most players refer to them by price, I would think. I know I do. I round up the penny and call the two Legendary Offers the "$100 Offer" and the "$50 Offer". I would think, although I may be wrong, more people can figure that out than "High and Medium Offers ". However, it is apparently what the company refers to those Offers as, so it is what Ben is used to referring to them as.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan is no longer with WRG. The only thing I'd read into the silence is Ben already had a full time job. Now he's attempting to do his original job plus Shan's. And he can't be as responsive as she used to be.

Plus answering the question now really doesn't change anything. The packs will launch when they launch at whatever price they launch at. Ben providing the information earlier won't change any of that, nor will it change sales. And when the packs launch we will all see the end date on them. So if he's prioritizing his Todo list, this is probably at the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Shan is no longer with WRG. The only thing I'd read into the silence is Ben already had a full time job. Now he's attempting to do his original job plus Shan's. And he can't be as responsive as she used to be.

Plus answering the question now really doesn't change anything. The packs will launch when they launch at whatever price they launch at. Ben providing the information earlier won't change any of that, nor will it change sales. And when the packs launch we will all see the end date on them. So if he's prioritizing his Todo list, this is probably at the bottom of the list.

A price increase will definitely change sales for me. It's getting more and more obvious where things are headed. I will seriously consider major spending changes on my part if the lack of communication, or the lack of convincing communication, continues. I've been through this type of thing before in a game. Too many signs point in a specific direction.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

A price increase will definitely change sales for me. It's getting more and more obvious where things are headed. I will seriously consider major spending changes on my part if the lack of communication, or the lack of convincing communication, continues. I've been through this type of thing before in a game. Too many signs point in a specific direction.

A price change will affect sales. Telling you the price change on Friday vs Wednesday when the pack goes live won't.
  • Options

A price change will affect sales. Telling you the price change on Friday vs Wednesday when the pack goes live won't.

Moreso, recognizing the signs of something I have experienced before will greatly affect my handing over cashy folding money.

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

Moreso, recognizing the signs of something I have experienced before will greatly affect my handing over cashy folding money.

While the sky has been falling for years now, it is fair as the game ages to take these concerns more seriously. All the more reason why TP should make every effort to make this transition go as smoothly as possible.

I don't (currently) believe the game is in immediate jeopardy, but that is because they have a roadmap and updates that they've talked about delivering soon. I hope they continue the good communication because we will be more likely to believe in the longer term survival of the game if TP doesn't feel like it's dropping any balls.
  • Options
    Thurthorad wrote: »

While the sky has been falling for years now, it is fair as the game ages to take these concerns more seriously. All the more reason why TP should make every effort to make this transition go as smoothly as possible.

I don't (currently) believe the game is in immediate jeopardy, but that is because they have a roadmap and updates that they've talked about delivering soon. I hope they continue the good communication because we will be more likely to believe in the longer term survival of the game if TP doesn't feel like it's dropping any balls.

MAA had the next twelve chapters of the game and ten plus Spec Ops Events "ready to release" per one of their "the game is not shutting down" press releases literally the day before they announced the game was shutting down at the end of that month.

I was ignored and ridiculed for pointing out the signs there ahead of time. Feel free to ignore me now.

Enjoy the game. However long that turns out to be.

• Options

MAA had the next twelve chapters of the game and ten plus Spec Ops Events "ready to release" per one of their "the game is not shutting down" press releases literally the day before they announced the game was shutting down at the end of that month.

I was ignored and ridiculed for pointing out the signs there ahead of time. Feel free to ignore me now.

No one is ridiculing you. It's amazing the game has lasted so long. What I was trying to do was impress upon Ben that communication is important if you want to allay people's natural fears.
  • Options

No one is ridiculing you. It's amazing the game has lasted so long. What I was trying to do was impress upon Ben that communication is important if you want to allay people's natural fears.

I am surprised it has lasted this long. There is no "game play"...it is mindless repetition of clicking or mouse bots to run skirmish events. The boss battles changed that abit, requiring coordination of fleets to clear to level 20, but of course they dropped the ball on the locking battles and 7 months in still haven't fixed it. Ben said on a stream "he was not sure anyone can even beat UNM boss." Community said "hold my beer and done" now they are scrambling for something new and next. No foresight, no planning because no one who works there actually PLAYS the damn game. That's why they don't get the frustrations we get or see the issues before we do.

The last promised "new episode" was 2 years ago and never happened. Did they forget the map? No, no money in it. No money in fixing chat. No money on avatar search by name. No money in locking StarBase upgrade room locks. No money in giving the admirals message of the day more characters. No money in increasing Capt. level beyond 99. The collection bonuses are getting ridiculous now, where does it stop? More than 1/2 the crew in the game are 5*s. Really? There are really that many LEDGENDARY characters in Star Trek? No, its money of the week.

This comes down the love of Star Trek. Given the exact same set up, same events, same "game play" same map, etc, except it was based on Star Battles of the 23rd Century with races and cards not based on Star Trek it would not have lasted 2 years. I hope it changes, I love my 3 fleets and the 145 people in them, that's all that keeps me here after 6 years. The game needs a new infusion of ideas, direction and vision. I hope I am wrong, but the signs are not favorable...........................

None of this is news. It was the same when I left over 2 years ago. Since then, they have added features which is more than DB did in the years post Voyages. If anything, the last few years were a renaissance in the game. There was active engagement with the developers, there were regular honor hall crew, new Gauntlet crew, new Voyage legendary etc. It really looks like someone cares. Assuming that revenues stay above costs (which is a big assumption) then I don't see this game going anywhere soon. CBS/Paramount don't pull licenses like Disney does. (MAA isn't the only Marvel game on the pyre of history.)

Anyway, only Ben can assure us that all is well, I hope he does so.
  • Options
    I dont think the game is going to shut down.

I think they are cutting costs everywhere they can, though.

I definitely noticed a big change when disruptor beam sold the game and some of the changes were positive but a lot was negative, like the approach during the time all the players got banned for wrgs screw up. I personally dont think the game has recovered from that.

The big thing going on now that bothers me is that i think its pretty obvious they had shan taking on extra duties in the past year, like the in game messaging, and other announcements and probably even more than that, and i truly do think that it was probably a situation where wrg wanted shan to take on more responsibilities, take a pay cut, or maybe some other combination.

And meanwhile we are seeing a big decline in quality. And also a disregard of player requests/reports.

Hopefully its just a temporary thing, but it really seems like most of the game is being automated to the point that less and less people are required to run it, which has the side effect of not having the resources to correct unforeseen issues, like taking 7 months plus to give admirals the ability to lock fbb difficulties. Our fleet is really struggling with this.

I want to put some positivity in this post though so i will say that there is a lot of potential with fbb, and i hope that wrg comes through with the updates and other items they have mentioned.