Home The Bridge
Options

WRG-Ben! Question about the "Pre-Cap" Packs for the Mega.....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in The Bridge
Can we get the start/end dates for the Pre-Cap Packs?

It might help some people plan out when they open.

Also, will they be 390 Dilithium like the Recap Pack?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty Sure they will be not-discounted given the description.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up now, 6500 and 650
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a ripoff. I generally buy some packs each week of the mega. Just means I'll do my buying early. I also buy some after to try and get some extra 5* crew. I just won't do that part now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed also. No good art for Ezri and Jadzia furthermore. For the first Jadzia IN AGES I was hoping for a legendary card with great artwork, not this >:) .
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I am also disappointed by the high price. This means for me to buy less packs.
    Fully agree to (HPH)Apollo. The 390/3900er always were fun since they were a good deal. The Ferengi inside me liked that
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the question of strategy now is one of, do I focus on the weekly packs or the pre-recap packs? I can't remember, is the recurring legendary typically in the weekly packs of a Mega? That might be the tipping point for me with which I buy.

Not thrilled with this change.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reoccurring isn't in the weekly pack, iirc. With Community rewards in three events, I will be buying event packs on the last one only and I might just drop a cite on Ezri instead. I have time to decide.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Oh, and one more thing. The art for this mega is laughably terrible.

Whoever rushed through that process needs to be on an improvement plan. You DO realize that artwork is what keeps this game going right?

Take your jobs a little more seriously please.
  • Options
    Called it.
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Not really a ripoff. I generally buy some packs each week of the mega. Just means I'll do my buying early. I also buy some after to try and get some extra 5* crew. I just won't do that part now.

390 < 650. I guess in Common Core the yre equal.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Disappointed also. No good art for Ezri and Jadzia furthermore. For the first Jadzia IN AGES I was hoping for a legendary card with great artwork, not this >:) .

And why is Kira from Lower Decks instead of Facets?
  • Options

Well, except that chance that u get the crew u aim for is waaaay lower
    than if u just buy the regular event packs.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Well, except that chance that u get the crew u aim for is waaaay lower
    than if u just buy the regular event packs.

Yes, but 390 dilithium 10x packs with a chance at new crew was a great deal, and also some of the cheapest honor in the game. Plus you could finish off the new crew you just got.

Im guessing the “cheap honor” is why it has been slated for removal from the regular conveyor belt of offers.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Okay , after this event is over, will WRG lower the cost of recap from 650 to 585. Then after next to, 520, after the next to 455.
    This would reflect the value which is less as the mega event goes on.

The reason recap were discounted was because the value of the crew ,after the event is over, is essentially valueless. They would still have value as any crew except, that the theory was, they will never be event specific crew again.

Edit: The only value in the recap packs is for FTM and to get one copy of the recurring mega event crew. (With them being before)

Otherwise the choice is the event specific pack.

Edit2; BTW the only superrare that one cannot get FF from event rewards is one Superrare crew in the final event. Also there are only two events were multiply copies of crew are useful. That is the final two mega events one Faction/Galaxy the other Faction.

Edit3: they did not design this well to sell those mega packs.
    Should have had a Faction first thing. Followed by maybe two hybrid factions.

Edit4: maybe now there will be repeat mega events. Maybe between Megas.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Was able to pull six Packs {instead of eleven} and got Jadzia, Decent Artwork Leeta*, the Trillnapper Dude from this week's Event, and Lower Decks Kira. Who is missing the Animated Trait.

*I guess it is hard to make Chase look bad bad even when you just give up.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Okay , after this event is over, will WRG lower the cost of recap from 650 to 585. Then after next to, 520, after the next to 455.

The reason recap were discounted was because the value of the crew ,after the event is over, is essentially valueless. They would still have value as any crew except, that the theory was, they will never be event specific crew again.

Edit: The only value in the recap packs is for FTM and to get one copy of the recurring mega event crew. (With them being before)

IF there are Event Specific Packs. I'll guess we'll find out if that "changed" tomorrow.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

IF there are Event Specific Packs. I'll guess we'll find out if that "changed" tomorrow.

😬🙄

Edit:
    Oh wait! Those are included in the specific event sale offers. That will not change.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Called it.

390 < 650. I guess in Common Core the yre equal.

No, I just generally don't wait for the recap packs I buy most of mine in the weekly packs. I buy a handful at the end, but I buy 90% of my packs in the weekly event packs. I just spent my weekly money up front vs weekly now. Thats why I don't feel its a ripoff. I don't spend much if any on the recaps so to me its not a ripoff. just spending up front vs weekly. got a gold, and some purps I was happy. Won't be spending anymore on event crew for a month now.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit2; BTW the only superrare that one cannot get FF from event rewards is one Superrare crew in the final event. Also there are only two events were multiply copies of crew are useful. That is the final two mega events one Faction/Galaxy the other Faction.

Edit3: they did not design this well to sell those mega packs.
    Should have had a Faction first thing. Followed by maybe two hybrid factions.

Edit4: maybe now there will be repeat mega events. Maybe between Megas.

I always viewed the reason recap packs were discounted was because they were diluted with more crew than the event packs. In the event pack you know which 5* and which two 4* you're getting. In the recap packs you have 5 5* and 8 4*. So if you want one specific 5*, that event pack was a better deal. But if you just wanted 5* crew then the recap was cheaper since you didn't know which crew you'd get.

I see no value in getting these crew early because they'll only provide minimal extra benefit in other events. Especially with only one pure faction. And I have plenty of other trills for that.

I'll be honest though. I never go hunting 5* crew in packs. And with 7/8 4* FFable from events I was never going to buy the recap pack this mega. If you're don't like the pack change, then don't buy it. I'm sure Ben is looking at the sales numbers. If they're down, then he won't do it again. If sales are up, then the rest of the player base has spoken and this will be the new norm.
  • Options
    I think that there is a lot of truth to the logic that wrg is watching sales numbers and will make decisions based off of that.

But, the fact that they are dedicating staff time to trying out these types of sales, while simultaneously delaying the much MUCH MUCH needed admiral controls on fbb, demonstrates to me that there is a serious disconnect between wrg’s assumptions on what is driving this games success.

My fleet has seen significant loss of players since fbb came out. Initially a bunch of old timers came back out of excitement of a new feature, but then they left out of fruatration due to all of the general issues with basic game functionality. Lots of people have brought this up in the fbb feedback thread. And nothing is being done about it. Delay delay delay. No time table. Backlog.

Meanwhile we are losing players. The ones we have left are getting irritated.

And then we get precap packs that cost 260 more dilithium than normal. With artwork in the pack that is some of the worst in recent history of the game.

And then shan gets let go or resigns. Probably let go since shan never said “im moving on to a better opportunity”, but who knows. Looks like classic cases of trying to cut overhead to maximize profit.
  • Options
    Was able to pull six Packs {instead of eleven} and got Jadzia, Decent Artwork Leeta*, the Trillnapper Dude from this week's Event, and Lower Decks Kira. Who is missing the Animated Trait.

*I guess it is hard to make Chase look bad bad even when you just give up.

I'm confused by the "Lower Decks Kira" comment. Is that a dig at the artwork? It's actually a very good rendition of a very specific moment in the episode "Facets". The fire glow throws the color palette askew. I recognized it the instant I saw her. I'm ASD, so I don't pick up stuff in person, let alone in text. It's actually one of my favorites, besides Sisko for this Mega.
    0i54udihbhxp.jpeg

Well, they do capture that pose. However, it just comes across as an animated show character. Seeing the image, I see they worked with what they had. Maybe they just had trouble making her look organic in that pose. At least to me.

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback, 650 did catch me by surprise, other than FTM chances, the precaps are useless. I never did recaps anyways since event packs at 650 Dil are a better value with a smaller pool vs 390 with a larger pool (for a shuttle event, you know you need one purple so can hit 650 or after an event, you know you need one gold if you finished in the top 30. With 390 packs you run the risk of getting purples from the galaxy/hybrid and I find I would spend 2 if not 3 to one: meaning 780 Dil vs 650).

And yes, regular event packs are still a thing and will drop like normal tomorrow.