Home The Bridge
Options

WRG-Ben! Question about the "Pre-Cap" Packs for the Mega.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    really don’t like how cagey WRG was about the price of these packs before they were released. If WRG had told us ahead of time they would have seen much less anger directed towards them. Or they could have made the packs cost 490. Or done beholds filled with golds and super rares for 1500 each. I thought/hoped they would be discounted. Bought one before I saw the price, was angry at the price, and got dumb Arjin who I already had immortalized long ago. I will not be buying anymore of these overpriced mega packs.

This was from the mega announcement:
    This time around we will be running a mega pack at the beginning of the month that contains all the new crew from throughout the whole mega. We're expecting this may change some strategies for pushing for Ranked 5* Crew as they will be available earlier in the pack, but usable throughout the whole month! We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past.

I'll admit it was poorly worded and confusing in that "on sale" can mean both available for purchase and available at a discount price, but I don't think that was being cagey. This was Ben writing an announcement for the first time without Shan, not realizing it was confusing, and then being too busy to check the forums and see the confusion.

WRG needs to replace Shan or find someone internal that can dedicate the time to doing what she did. But this wasn't an attempt to hide the price, it was just sloppy English and no one paying attention to notice the problem.

I get Ben was busy but it was cagey that this has been a pack sold for 390 dilithium many times. It should have been said upfront what the cost was if it was going to be sold for a different price.

I read "We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past" as them saying, the pack will not be sold at 390, but will be a sold for a regular pack price. It was poorly worded and confusing. But I think the intention was to say up front this pack will be sold for 650. They were just sloppy about how the expressed that and didn't have time to fix the confusion.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    really don’t like how cagey WRG was about the price of these packs before they were released. If WRG had told us ahead of time they would have seen much less anger directed towards them. Or they could have made the packs cost 490. Or done beholds filled with golds and super rares for 1500 each. I thought/hoped they would be discounted. Bought one before I saw the price, was angry at the price, and got dumb Arjin who I already had immortalized long ago. I will not be buying anymore of these overpriced mega packs.

This time around we will be running a mega pack at the beginning of the month that contains all the new crew from throughout the whole mega. We're expecting this may change some strategies for pushing for Ranked 5* Crew as they will be available earlier in the pack, but usable throughout the whole month! We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past.

I'll admit it was poorly worded and confusing in that "on sale" can mean both available for purchase and available at a discount price, but I don't think that was being cagey. This was Ben writing an announcement for the first time without Shan, not realizing it was confusing, and then being too busy to check the forums and see the confusion.

WRG needs to replace Shan or find someone internal that can dedicate the time to doing what she did. But this wasn't an attempt to hide the price, it was just sloppy English and no one paying attention to notice the problem.

I get Ben was busy but it was cagey that this has been a pack sold for 390 dilithium many times. It should have been said upfront what the cost was if it was going to be sold for a different price.

I read "We have no plans to put it on sale after the Mega-Event concludes as Mega-Event Packs have run in the past" as them saying, the pack will not be sold at 390, but will be a sold for a regular pack price. It was poorly worded and confusing. But I think the intention was to say up front this pack will be sold for 650. They were just sloppy about how the expressed that and didn't have time to fix the confusion.

Or, bear with me, that meant the Packs were being sold before the Event. Instead of after. Which is exactly what happened.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, bear with me, that meant the Packs were being sold before the Event. Instead of after. Which is exactly what happened.

I've already said I think the announcement was poorly worded and ambiguous. But after 6 years, if there is a question if WRG are Machiavellian geniuses looking to fool and cheat us, or sloppy and prone to unforced errors from careless mistakes that could have been avoided with some qa and proofreading, everything I've seen leads me to believe it's the latter.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one thing that keeps people from competing in events is crew space. And, now that FBB have been introduced it is more of a problem.

I do not know if there is a way to resolve this, but this really is decision that needs to be made by WRG/TP
  • Options
    I was originally very skeptical of the pre-event packs. I never bought them after because I already had 9i% of the cards

But I bought some & got Quark, Leeta, Jadzia, Kira which was great for skirmish seeing as I could level them all up in time for the events plus not wait for the community rewards to get the last card!