Home The Bridge

Event Discussion - Galaxy Event Notes: Weaving a Tale - 2023-03-30

Greetings, Captains!
Next Thursday we will have a new Galaxy Event that may sound familiar for some of you.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/20202/galaxy-event-notes-weaving-a-tale-2023-03-30

Comments

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Event Crew: Writing through Night Benny Russell (new) 5*, The Preacher (new) 4*, Kay Eaton (existing) 4*

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Dear god, they made a typo.
    edited March 2023
    Dear god, they made a typo.

Cleared up - thanks!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    It's clearly that they've cut and pasted Kay's name into the "existing" slot on the announcement without changing the star rating in brackets afterwards, going by the art and the information in the Event Hub.

Kay is event crew the same way that Mycelial Culber was that time, and various other people since then. It's become a semi-regular thing now, both in and out of megas, that we get the "event crew" (in the sense of gaining the big bonus) being:
    • new 5* from the previous event's ranked rewards
    • new 4* from the current event's threshold rewards
    • existing 5* who is only available from packs if you don't already have them (plus retrieval these days, I guess)
    Instead of that last slot being an existing 4* ... And then the 4* slot in the ranked rewards gets given to someone else (in this case Pabst, who will get small bonus as a writer but is not "event crew").

Whether or not this is a good thing I will forbear from commenting on, but given that that pattern is now established as a variation on the usual one, it definitely seems to be what's intended here.
  • Anyway, now that there is a thread for this event I'll repeat what I said elsewhere:

I will be going 130k and out as I usually do in galaxy, but I would have played hard for rank to get the new Dax card in literally anything other than a pure galaxy. Please, please, please can we have more variety in event types.
  • Pabst is not featured event crew. He is a small bonus due to the Writer trait. When they have an event like this with 2 golds, they'll include a 4* that was a small bonus as the ranked reward. He's just one of the 4* Writers.
    Pabst is not featured event crew. He is a small bonus due to the Writer trait. When they have an event like this with 2 golds, they'll include a 4* that was a small bonus as the ranked reward. He's just one of the 4* Writers.

Got it, thank you :)
  • Dear god, they made a typo.

And which "typo" are you referring to?:

1. That Kay is event crew?
    2. That Kay is a 4* not a 5*
    3. That Pabst is actually event crew - Kay is a variant that counts but not in rewards.

Given that last event they had the wrong ships, and now have Pabst in 2 of 3 events as event crew, I think it is a fair question to ask.

Hey! it was a typo. Just to clarify

- Kay is event crew
    - Kay is 5*
    - Pabst is not event crew

Sorry for the confusion.
    Dear god, they made a typo.

And which "typo" are you referring to?:

1. That Kay is event crew?
    2. That Kay is a 4* not a 5*
    3. That Pabst is actually event crew - Kay is a variant that counts but not in rewards.

Given that last event they had the wrong ships, and now have Pabst in 2 of 3 events as event crew, I think it is a fair question to ask.

Hey! it was a typo. Just to clarify

- Kay is event crew
    - Kay is 5*
    - Pabst is not event crew

Sorry for the confusion.

Part my fault, no worries - thank you :)
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Pabst is not featured event crew. He is a small bonus due to the Writer trait. When they have an event like this with 2 golds, they'll include a 4* that was a small bonus as the ranked reward. He's just one of the 4* Writers.

It's still a bad/lazy decision to include Pabst in the rewards table for 2 of the past 3 events, for both the players and WRG. If they knew Pabst was going to chosen to be the ranked 4* reward in this new event, they should have picked a different event to re-run two weeks ago, since he was one of the featured 4* crew.

I guess it could be an attempt to be helpful to new accounts? If they didn't have the resources to get all the way to the final threshold two weeks earlier, they can finish him off with the copy from the community thresholds at 300m.

Taken together with reports that people are seeing STT advertising again it could be taken as an encouraging sign that they are trying to keep new players active. Let's face it, long term players have almost always got the ranked 4* fully fused already ...
  • Can we get clarification as to whether there is a faction winner bonus for this event. The forum announcement states there is not ("Faction Winner Bonus: N"). The event listing in-game in the event hub has the option to "Preview Winning Faction Bonus" and normal bonuses are in fact listed, such as reduced shuttle time. And if there is a bonus, it would be nice to know the factions as well
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Gastalvild wrote: »
    Can we get clarification as to whether there is a faction winner bonus for this event. The forum announcement states there is not ("Faction Winner Bonus: N"). The event listing in-game in the event hub has the option to "Preview Winning Faction Bonus" and normal bonuses are in fact listed, such as reduced shuttle time. And if there is a bonus, it would be nice to know the factions as well
    Federation
    Ferengi Alliance
    Klingon Empire
  • " wrote:
    §[ Captain Calvin ]U§C[;c-271499"]
    Anyway, now that there is a thread for this event I'll repeat what I said elsewhere:

I will be going 130k and out as I usually do in galaxy, but I would have played hard for rank to get the new Dax card in literally anything other than a pure galaxy. Please, please, please can we have more variety in event types.

same here. bored of Galaxy events, especially full Galaxy. I already have Douglas Pabst and don't need another one..... I ranked sub-1000 that event (because of Captain Angel) - I airlocked all the Douglas Pabst. If the Ranked 4* reward was something new, maybe I would try harder, but no motivation. I don't need a 2nd Pabst. If they needed to put an existing 'writer' crew, there are three other 4*s (Rossoff, Author Doctor, BA Jake Sisko)... It really makes WRG/TP look like they don't even pay attention that the Ranked crew (4*) is a repeat of 2 events ago.

Get with it WRG/TP.

I completely agree. I am new to the game and even I don't understand why you repeat a 4* character two weeks later. You could give us other 4* writers, even inside the Benny Russel fantasy. Your game is fun, please keep the players experience in mind
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    " wrote:
    Anyway, now that there is a thread for this event I'll repeat what I said elsewhere:

same here. bored of Galaxy events, especially full Galaxy. I already have Douglas Pabst and don't need another one..... I ranked sub-1000 that event (because of Captain Angel) - I airlocked all the Douglas Pabst. If the Ranked 4* reward was something new, maybe I would try harder, but no motivation. I don't need a 2nd Pabst. If they needed to put an existing 'writer' crew, there are three other 4*s (Rossoff, Author Doctor, BA Jake Sisko)... It really makes WRG/TP look like they don't even pay attention that the Ranked crew (4*) is a repeat of 2 events ago.

Get with it WRG/TP.

BA Jake Sisko sounds awesome. Took me a second to realize BA stood for Bestselling Author.
  • Night Writing Benny Russel, not Writing through Night Benny Russel
    " wrote:

Get with it WRG/TP.

BA Jake Sisko sounds awesome. Took me a second to realize BA stood for Bestselling Author.

...and his cousin B.A. Baracus....
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Night Writing Benny Russel, not Writing through Night Benny Russel

I’ve already decided to call him “Night Writer” and leave it at that. :)

Ha! Cool

EnderW wrote: »
    Night Writing Benny Russel, not Writing through Night Benny Russel

I’ve already decided to call him “Night Writer” and leave it at that. :)

Oh, that's good. I like that.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1llas wrote: »
    Can someone explain why I got Hirogen, Ferengi Traditionalists and Cardassian Transmissions 4 each.
    The accompanying text saying something about a faction / Galaxy event. ??
    Acording to the info you provided this event is pure galaxy not faction galaxy.
    I think you messed up with next weeks event.

Think they were a week early on those.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    Love this event seeing as I only had Kay at 3* meaning I could keep on pulling packs until I got all 4 copies of the preacher & still get golds. Got 2 Benny's & a Kay.
    No need to participate apart from just 1 to get community rewards
  • A1llas wrote: »
    Can someone explain why I got Hirogen, Ferengi Traditionalists and Cardassian Transmissions 4 each.

We didn't mix up anything. These are goodies for next week's event.
  • AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    This sounds confusing, because for a mixed event we normally get 50 and not 100 chronitons like for full Galaxy events. Nothing against a chronitons increase for mixed events, but this would mean, we got the stuff for next week's event, but not for the current.

If I'm incorrect and we already got 150 in total concurrent for both events, please correct me. It's somewhat hard to comprehend with the current ingame mail system, because the mails auto-delete, when you bag the attachments.
  • Avatrunei wrote: »
    This sounds confusing, because for a mixed event we normally get 50 and not 100 chronitons like for full Galaxy events. Nothing against a chronitons increase for mixed events, but this would mean, we got the stuff for next week's event, but not for the current.

If I'm incorrect and we already got 150 in total concurrent for both events, please correct me. It's somewhat hard to comprehend with the current ingame mail system, because the mails auto-delete, when you bag the attachments.

The quantity of Chronitons that we have sent is intended for next week's event. We will not be sending any additional goodies for this week's event. I'm about to post an announcement on the forum to inform everyone.
    A1llas wrote: »

But... why?
  • A1llas wrote: »

This is peculiar, and again not what the player base is used to.

@STT Community please can you realise that the player base is making comments and trying to help guide you, as many of us having been playing this game for 7 years. The stance on a number of threads which basically amounts to “tough”, is undermining your credibility. It is easy to get most people in the game on “your” side , as been proven in the past.

Also, why are in game messages now disappearing so quickly? What was wrong with the previous expiry date. Years of play has driven certain player behaviour and overnight WRG is changing key aspects seemingly without reason, nor consultation and backed up with very poor communication.

Seriously, please can communications improve, fewer silly mistakes made and please, please, please listen to the players. These past few weeks are making the game far less fun to play and you (and others in WRG) are the ones that can actually improve things.

So far I m seeing 4/10 for effort and about 2/10 for communication.

Please note that this is meant as feedback from a long time player with some constructive criticism and not a personal attack on anyone.