Home The Bridge
Options

About Hull Damage Reduction being nerfed despite community warnings against it

Comments

• Options
    The ship pack from the event that introduced the Artifact is in the portal at 250 dil a pop. It's still A Lot Of Dil to get it up to the sort of level that works well for FBB, once you factor in the odds and how few schematics it gives each time (the eternal ship pack problems), but at least there's some attempt to cater for those who are keen to switch strategies.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    The ship pack from the event that introduced the Artifact is in the portal at 250 dil a pop. It's still A Lot Of Dil to get it up to the sort of level that works well for FBB, once you factor in the odds and how few schematics it gives each time (the eternal ship pack problems), but at least there's some attempt to cater for those who are keen to switch strategies.

"Cater" is a funny way to say "money grab." They knew what they were doing. People had already spent whatever time and other resources making a build that worked and rather than giving a graceful way to transition to another build after shamelessly nerfing the last one is to offer up something to spend on because WRG needs more nickels.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Well, I'm running the Artifact and getting about 9.5m in Nightmare at Bridge 10. To each their own. May try the Rocket.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm running the Artifact and getting about 9.5m in Nightmare at Bridge 10. To each their own. May try the Rocket.

If you are running a maxed artifact, you should be able to get more than that.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Connie with Frantic McCoy, First Officer Chekov, Determined Janeway, and Dereth. Connie at Level Ten. Usually 18-20 million a run, under "Meh" Bonuses from Chains. With good Bonuses can hit 30 million plus. Especially with enough cool down to sub 🌮 or Vindicta for Chekov.

But, I do not know if your Connie is finished yet. And, of course, Bridge is higher {20}. I know your Fleet is working on getting stuff leveled. The Bridge definitely will help as you hit higher levels.

But, if you have a good Attack booster and three Healers the Connie might be able to do more even as your Bridge is lower. Maybe a test run if you have some options for it.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the Connie with Frantic McCoy, First Officer Chekov, Determined Janeway, and Dereth. Connie at Level Ten. Usually 18-20 million a run, under "Meh" Bonuses from Chains. With good Bonuses can hit 30 million plus. Especially with enough cool down to sub 🌮 or Vindicta for Chekov.

But, I do not know if your Connie is finished yet. And, of course, Bridge is higher {20}. I know your Fleet is working on getting stuff leveled. The Bridge definitely will help as you hit higher levels.

But, if you have a good Attack booster and three Healers the Connie might be able to do more even as your Bridge is lower. Maybe a test run if you have some options for it.

Doing damage in FBB is all about subtracting Healers. There aren’t a lot of situations where the Constellation will be better at it than the Artifact. Base Artifact heals 720k health every 20s without any cooldown reduction. Base Constellation heals 615k and has no inherent CDR. Assuming 3x25% healers.

I typically run Dereth/Scotty/Vindicta/LabKirk on the Artifact. I don’t remember how much it does without chains but 25M is a decent estimate. The Constellation requires a 3rd healer and it can’t properly leverage McCoys position buff since the cycles don’t line up.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Doing damage in FBB is all about subtracting Healers. There aren’t a lot of situations where the Constellation will be better at it than the Artifact. Base Artifact heals 720k health every 20s without any cooldown reduction. Base Constellation heals 615k and has no inherent CDR. Assuming 3x25% healers.

I typically run Dereth/Scotty/Vindicta/LabKirk on the Artifact. I don’t remember how much it does without chains but 25M is a decent estimate. The Constellation requires a 3rd healer and it can’t properly leverage McCoys position buff since the cycles don’t line up.

On Auto, my McCoy only triggers when the Position does. It will wait for it. I have my Artifact at 9. Will try it when it is done. Or is it better at 9 than Connie at 10?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I get 20-25 mil with Proton- Vindicta, Dereth, Jett Reno and Kirk & Spork. Replaced Dexa with Reno once my bridge was high enough to take the hits.
  • Options

On Auto, my McCoy only triggers when the Position does. It will wait for it. I have my Artifact at 9. Will try it when it is done. Or is it better at 9 than Connie at 10?

If you’re gonna go artifact you have to do it on manual. Auto will blow your hull repair way too soon and won’t maximize it. Plus try a second Dereth instead of Kirk, Crusher, or Spork. It will get you to 30 million

Yeah. Manual is not easy for me. Especially lately.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Constellation has a faster cycle. It works on Manual but you lose some time on Position. The attack speed buff also has a different cycle. Its a ship that was decently optimized for the HDR cheese where you had to line up your cooldowns correctly.

Artifact 9 might not be better though. It’s a better ship if you’re feeling lazy for sure.
    If you’re gonna go artifact you have to do it on manual. Auto will blow your hull repair way too soon and won’t maximize it. Plus try a second Dereth instead of Kirk, Crusher, or Spork. It will get you to 30 million

Nah. It works great on full auto. The amount of damage you gain by optimizing hull repair isn’t necessarily better that the amount of damage you lose by relying on human manual dexterity. And the Artifact requires a lot of button pushing.

It’s also a great ship for node solving. It’ll often do 10M damage with only Dereth, Scotty and whatever two mooks you want to bring along for the ride.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Manual is not easy for me. Especially lately.

It is alot to keep track of. Boarding trigger and such. Lots of back and forth

Constellation has a faster cycle. It works on Manual but you lose some time on Position. The attack speed buff also has a different cycle. Its a ship that was decently optimized for the HDR cheese where you had to line up your cooldowns correctly.

Artifact 9 might not be better though. It’s a better ship if you’re feeling lazy for sure.

Nah. It works great on full auto. The amount of damage you gain by optimizing hull repair isn’t necessarily better that the amount of damage you lose by relying on human manual dexterity. And the Artifact requires a lot of button pushing.

It’s also a great ship for node solving. It’ll often do 10M damage with only Dereth, Scotty and whatever two mooks you want to bring along for the ride.

In my experience I can not time out on auto. Just my experience. But I can on manual. Plus the boarding trigger. Auto won’t maximize that either, again, in my experience

I do not aim for timing out. There are plenty of times when I don’t. It’s more a question of what’s better? An extra 30s of Scotty or 150s of Vindicta?

However, the Artifact will often last till the end with 2 healers if there’s some CDR or HDR on the chain.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

It's maxed. Connie is 7/10- should be 8/10 within a week. Using Dereth, Demo Scotty, TACO, and Laborer Kirk to crew it. Scotty gets his final star in a couple hours when my Voyage returns. It's very much a constant evolution thing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that a level 9 Artifact with two Dereth and Tactical Mayweather sometimes makes with a second hammer or with a crit crew, but always makes it with a third repair crew. I usually use Laborer Kirk. I also use that President whatever her name is instead of Scotty for crit. Hers is a bit lower, but cycles faster.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

It's maxed. Connie is 7/10- should be 8/10 within a week. Using Dereth, Demo Scotty, TACO, and Laborer Kirk to crew it. Scotty gets his final star in a couple hours when my Voyage returns. It's very much a constant evolution thing.

Part of it is your missing Scotty at 5/5. Attack is King. Taco is probably the only crew in game that can get away with having an Atk of less than 10.

You may want to try it with Taco, Dereth, Kirk and a repair crew with Atk boost like Little John, Determined Janeway or FO Chekov. I never had a 10Artifact at your bridge level. I pretty much used the Keldon on almost all of my FBB runs till my bridge hit 16. Maybe even later than that.
  • Options
    Well, Scotty is immortal now and he's the only one of the four that is. Did 24.5m on my last pure attack run. Very nice. Had two time reductions from the chains.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Well, Scotty is immortal now and he's the only one of the four that is. Did 24.5m on my last pure attack run. Very nice. Had two time reductions from the chains.

You may want to consider using Vindicta instead of Taco. Taco's advantage is that he's +9 Atk. If he's not immortal he's much less useful. Vindicta attacks more often with better passives. AGIMUS, Pirate Q or Pathfinder Uhura are very good Artifact alternates if they're immortal. In those rare situations where I can use only 1 healer, I make AGIMUS my 3rd.
  • Options

You may want to consider using Vindicta instead of Taco. Taco's advantage is that he's +9 Atk. If he's not immortal he's much less useful. Vindicta attacks more often with better passives. AGIMUS, Pirate Q or Pathfinder Uhura are very good Artifact alternates if they're immortal. In those rare situations where I can use only 1 healer, I make AGIMUS my 3rd.

My testing in the same FBB confirms more Damage with Vindicta versus 🌮 usually.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭

I don't. Did with the ISS Enterprise but with artifact just go auto & do fine
  • Options
    Well, my fleet made our first 50% Nightmare with Bitrium II at that threshold. I'm confident we'll get to 13 slow and steady. I'll take it. Bridge 11 by May!!!
  • Options
    Well, my fleet made our first 50% Nightmare with Bitrium II at that threshold. I'm confident we'll get to 13 slow and steady. I'll take it. Bridge 11 by May!!!

75% will be hit soon!

• Options

75% will be hit soon!

I hope. We actually only cleared four chains and I dealt nearly 300m in damage to do it. We were down to the last node and no one cleared it. It was Hologram with either Starfleet +Duelist (Beowulf EMH) or Starfleet + Interrogator (EMA). I had already cleared a node and don't have Beowulf Doc anyway.
    We're on Row 4 of the new Nightmare already. I walked a new player through FBB yesterday. He's level 14 and managed 150k in damage. He can start his Bridge at least.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

75% will be hit soon!

I hope. We actually only cleared four chains and I dealt nearly 300m in damage to do it. We were down to the last node and no one cleared it. It was Hologram with either Starfleet +Duelist (Beowulf EMH) or Starfleet + Interrogator (EMA). I had already cleared a node and don't have Beowulf Doc anyway.
    We're on Row 4 of the new Nightmare already. I walked a new player through FBB yesterday. He's level 14 and managed 150k in damage. He can start his Bridge at least.

Since the update, every node has to be filled by at least two crew who are in portal. Hologram Starfleet Duelist has two crew but only one in portal so can’t be that and the other Hologram Starfleet Interrogator only has one. None of those should have been it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    If this was node 5 on Nightmare, then it is NOT protected by this "two crew guarantee"... There is a bug that on Nightmare only the first 4 nodes (not chains, but the first for nodes of each chain) are protected. On Ultra, all nodes are properly protected.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral_C wrote: »
    If this was node 5 on Nightmare, then it is NOT protected by this "two crew guarantee"... There is a bug that on Nightmare only the first 4 nodes (not chains, but the first for nodes of each chain) are protected. On Ultra, all nodes are properly protected.

Oh that is super weird. Hadn’t heard that.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    Someone who knows something about code (which is definitely not my category) explained that it is a bug in a loop... Because Nightmare first chain has only 4 nodes, the check for the "two crew rule" only loops on the first 4 nodes of each chain. Since Ultra has 5 nodes starting from chain one, there is no problem there.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Node 5 on Nightmare isn't touched by any of the changes that have been made to FBB so far. It still functions as it did the day of release. It's been reported long ago. We were a little surprised 9.2 didn't fix it.

Anyhow, back to topic. I'm not going to quote everybody on the second page, but the comments of "JuSt UsE tHe ArTiFaCt" are asinine. Not everyone has an Artifact at level 9 or 10. Anything under 9 will not last even 60 seconds. I'll never understand why you people are the way you are. The whole "It works fine for me, so there's no problem" crowd. News flash: I have an Artifact. I'm not complaining about this for only myself. There are a lot of people in my fleet and in the game who don't have an Artifact and spent the time and effort building around the ISS. But I also enjoyed switching it up from time to time and using the ISS. There are in fact some rare combinations of chain bonuses you can get that made the ISS better than the Artifact. Those made things interesting and varied. Now, there's no variation. It's all about the Artifact. Nothing else matters. WRG didn't just eliminate a free to play path to FBB, they eliminated a lot of variety and shoehorned everyone into one end goal.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Constellation seems to work well, even in the post-HDR meta world.
  • Options
    The scales seem to be constantly tipped in favor of the whales, which, after 7 years, has created a heck of a recruiting problem. Most new people in my fleet get overwhelmed by the gap between their accounts and those that have been around for several years.

The game shifting to cater to whales is a new phenomena with the WRG takeover. The game was never like that under DB, which is why despite so many problems caused by lack of QC, we still always let them slide and still respected them. They always made right when they screwed up. WRG just doubles down when they screw up. I'll never respect WRG. They've already set enough patterns of behavior to show me who they are.
  • Options
    Especially with the addition of the whale Campaign track and the pay crew in the webstore, I don't think I can agree with your disagreement. Prior to WRG, the only thing that whales really had an advantage in were faction events. Everyone else could manage to be competitive in other event types. It could be argued that whales could be competitive every week, but if you aren't a whale then you needed to pick and choose the events you wanted to compete in. Only the good crew or the ones you really wanted. The rest, you just waited and built up. All of this is the same as it is now. Nothing has changed.

If you want to argue that DB was whale focused because of this, so be it. But none of that went away with WRG. Instead, more avenues to whale were added instead. Just because the current whales don't think the rewards are worth it doesn't mean that can't be tweaked. The rewards are flexible at the flick of a switch.