Home The Bridge
Options

Captain's Bridge Supplies Objective Event

It's been showing up in the event hub for several days now, I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about it here. It would be nice to know how the long event is going to last. It's clearly not going to be 2 days like the weekly ones but I don't see it being a whole month either.

Comments

• Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    Super awesome, need more of these Events!
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    200 Federation Shuttle missions, at 8 a day that's 25 days.

That is consistent with previous month long OEs.
    I think it's a month too. The milestones seem to be congruent with the other month long events.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly sure that all "endurance" OEs have been the month-long variety.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly sure that's a very fair point! :)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairly sure that's a very fair point! :)

Fairly sure that's a very fair reply! :smile:
  • Options
    NoblemanDKNoblemanDK ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Great. Now i have to pull a crapload of packs in order to get a TOS crew. I have currently no crew to lvl up as in AT ALL. And with only 5 stars left for crew in the portal well then it would be a dupe crew i have to do(That i do not want).
    And the rewards? I already maxed out the magnesite so nothing to gain either
  • Options
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Great. Now i have to pull a crapload of packs in order to get a TOS crew. I have currently no crew to lvl up as in AT ALL. And with only 5 stars left for crew in the portal well then it would be a dupe crew i have to do(That i do not want).

You know, it lasts a month. You can probably find a TOS crew to level in that time, and then chuck them out the airlock if you don't want them.

Also, you do know they are expanding the bridge levels tomorrow... so yes, you'll need the magnesite.

Unless its 5+ lvls then like i said useless
    n0e1jd6qb00w.png
    And having more than 280k merits its just adding to the stack with nothing to use them on
  • Options

My thought was that with four shuttles it shouldn't take that long to get to 200, but I've been at four for so long that I'd forgotten about newer players who only have two.
  • Options

You know, it lasts a month. You can probably find a TOS crew to level in that time, and then chuck them out the airlock if you don't want them.

Also, you do know they are expanding the bridge levels tomorrow... so yes, you'll need the magnesite.

Unless its 5+ lvls then like i said useless
    n0e1jd6qb00w.png
    And having more than 280k merits its just adding to the stack with nothing to use them on

Cool, then just don't play the objective event. They're all optional, you know.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing when they expand the bridge rewards there will be another TOS crew as a reward. So you can level that crew.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

My current Voyage has a TOS crew. Doesn’t yours?

My bridge is L20. Many people in my fleet don’t. I’m quite happy that they’ll be getting a leg up. For myself I’m quite happy to get the merits. I spend them aggressively on merit pulls for honour. I generally buy the Bridge Premium Pull as well. This insures I have a healthy amount of honour for every honour sale.

PS Ogawd, my voyage just coughed up another TOS crew!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's part of First Contact Day celebrations. They just put a thing up on Facebook. We're also getting a Dominion collection, Phoenix Cochrane/COP Picard/5* Lily behold, Dabo/Slots sale, and the Objective Event.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's part of First Contact Day celebrations. They just put a thing up on Facebook. We're also getting a Dominion collection, Phoenix Cochrane/COP Picard/5* Lily behold, Dabo/Slots sale, and the Objective Event.

I must’ve missed the version of First Contact where Zefram Cochrane was actually a Founder.
  • Options

Wait for TOS crew from voyages, packs, pulls, events. Level them all from 1 to 10. Less drain on resources that way.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

I must’ve missed the version of First Contact where Zefram Cochrane was actually a Founder.

I really hope this is a typo.
    New Dominion collection release featuring a free 5* crew behold containing Satin Dress Lily Sloane, Phoenix Cochrane, and C.O.P. Founder Picard.

There should be a new dominion collection. And then as a second item, a 5* behold for first contact day. Putting first contact day crew as a reward for a Dominion collection would be a total non sequitur.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

If you have your shuttles tanked(which I'm aware a lot don't) , you can do that in a day seeing as that was the winning faction

Leveling up crew is easy if you just open up basic packs/use crew from voyages & level them to 10 them airlock them

The tricky part for some is going to be constellation. Battles. Luckily that's the ship I use in arena anyway. But I imagine there will be a skirmish - either full or partial - during this event so that cam be completed during the gathering of intel
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for TOS crew from voyages, packs, pulls, events. Level them all from 1 to 10. Less drain on resources that way.

Agreed. I have held on to a bunch of Basic Rewards packs for this reason.
  • Options

If you have your shuttles tanked(which I'm aware a lot don't) , you can do that in a day seeing as that was the winning faction

Leveling up crew is easy if you just open up basic packs/use crew from voyages & level them to 10 them airlock them

The tricky part for some is going to be constellation. Battles. Luckily that's the ship I use in arena anyway. But I imagine there will be a skirmish - either full or partial - during this event so that cam be completed during the gathering of intel

Not sure if you know: if you set your ship to be the Constellation in the Shipyard then ship away team missions count. You just need the chrons then to do it.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I had Captain Scott count, Martia.

This means all TOS movies seem to count and the original cast appearance in other series seem to count.
    Also open up the pack for two day mini event for spending 400 Chron. I opened one pack and had 4 crew (3 rare and one superrare) that all counted.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    For the record, I levelled some TAS crew and they seemed to count too. It's a very maximalist view of "Original Series", which is good.

EDIT: Just discovered that 23rd Century Martok counts too! :)
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    You don't need to achieve this goal by using the Constellation in Admiral's Division. If you need items for leveling crew, and you're able to warp, you can easily reach this goal with a level 1 Constellation too. It's only hard, when you're a new player to Timelines and ain't able to warp. Then it may be more of importance how strong (aka level) your Constellation is.

When doing a month long event, it's a good strategy to farm items, whenever it's possible, by ship. You only need the minimum ground missions for your daily goals.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    For the record, I levelled some TAS crew and they seemed to count too. It's a very maximalist view of "Original Series", which is good.

I agree probably should have said it in my post.

If it was just limited to The Original Series. Collection would have been needed for the people playing who might not be familiar enough with it. Might be a small group who are not familiar with TOS though.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

This means all TOS movies seem to count

I tried the whales but they didn't count, must only work for humans :D
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

This means all TOS movies seem to count

The Whales are from one of the TOS Movies not the series.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    The Whales are from one of the TOS Movies not the series.
    Like the non-whales, which on the other hand count nevertheless.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    David Marcus should count. Carol Marcus has a bug and would count as TNG. Both Gillian Taylors should count.

Based on traits, I'd expect George and Gracie to count too.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    I wanted to look up the stars of the First Contact Day behold crew, and I couldn't find the Lily Sloanes by the term of Sloane, only by the term of Lily. And the Cochrane search functioned only one time. The search function had better days too.