Home The Bridge
Options

No need to rush a decison on getting the Mirror Jadzia pack...you have 1 year to decide!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only do I have two Jadzia offers set to expire some 365 days hence, but somehow I can buy two Mirror Jadzias for $25US or one for $10US. Someone at DB seems to be mathematically challenged.

Well, the $25 offer gives you more than double the event pulls that the $10 pack does, so it's not completely ridiculous. But I'm guessing they'll get a lot of bites on the $10 pack. Certainly they must have discovered that lower-cost offers in the portal are incredibly profitable, as they keep showing up. And I am definitely okay with that. :)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Davey1983 wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    This is of course a mistake and the offer will be taken down on Monday :)

Actually that is not how that works.... You can not make an offer and then when someone points it out say "this is a mistake we will be taking it down". Making a written offer does actually mean something. Anyone that has received it is most likely legally able to get it within the time offered.

Legally, you are incorrect (at least in the US). It is not false advertising to pull an offer early, nor was a contract created. Additionally, there is some case law that allows businesses to not honor honest and obvious errors.

Any judge would laugh you out of court if you tried pursuing this.

Actually no judge would laugh because what on the surface might look stupid can have very real jurisprudential consequences... and no it not false advertisement as someone said it is simply if you have a price with a time frame on something that is what it is (think about price offers on cars, loans etc that you guarantee to still give to certain people in a year). And then someone said that like always it is taken away on monday but if someone started playing the game today they would not know that and so again it is what is shows. Of course I don't care about this offer and wouldn't take anyone to court over 25 dollars ever... But my point was more the flippend response of DB when making YET AGAIN a mistake that with some good QA would have not made it though.

I understand that it is easy to attack me for "over reacting" but I simply am tired of the mistakes made by DB all the time that are avoidable.
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    There is a lack of intent to defraud... why trick you into thinking you could buy it later only to pull it early so you could not buy it? If there are precendents for a similar case, a motion to dismiss would be granted and the case removed.

A lot of the reaction is based on why this problem, when there are so many other more significant issues...
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Options
    Let's be fair no-one wants it in the portal for an entire year taking up the spot of more relevant offers... We know it's a visual glitch, though DB would do well to just send a quick in-game message to point it out to those who may be confused by it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be fair no-one wants it in the portal for an entire year taking up the spot of more relevant offers... We know it's a visual glitch, though DB would do well to just send a quick in-game message to point it out to those who may be confused by it.

They have. It's on the first popup you see upon logging in. :smile:

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options

You mean like this one ...
    cywce4jfrmz1.jpg

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    I'm a lawyer. There's no such thing as a "binding" offer in the U.S. There were tons of cases back in the 1880s where a store advertised fur coats for 1 dollar but only had one at that price. Someone sued, saying the store had to sell the coat. Court ruled back then that an offer alone creates no obligation on the part of the seller.

This is the sort of basic black letter law taught in the first week of contracts class in the first semester of any U.S. law school.

DB has amply covered their butts on this. There's other stuff to focus their attention on, IMO.

Disclaimer: This isn't legal advice.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Not only do I have two Jadzia offers set to expire some 365 days hence, but somehow I can buy two Mirror Jadzias for $25US or one for $10US. Someone at DB seems to be mathematically challenged.

Well, the $25 offer gives you more than double the event pulls that the $10 pack does, so it's not completely ridiculous. But I'm guessing they'll get a lot of bites on the $10 pack. Certainly they must have discovered that lower-cost offers in the portal are incredibly profitable, as they keep showing up. And I am definitely okay with that. :)

I saw that but frankly event pulls are not the main attraction. It also doesn't add up. $10 gets you on MJD, 2 10x pulls, 250,000 cr and 300 chrons. So, $20 should get you 2 MJDs, 4 10x pulls, 500,000 cr and 600 chrons, and for $25 you should get 2.5 MJDs (not possible, of course), 5 10x pulls, 625,000cr and 750 chrons. Instead, the DB offer for $25 yields 2 MJDs (could have yielded 3 to give added value), and falls short by 375,000 cr and 250 chrons. As I said, this is a deal for the mathematically challenged.
    That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that but frankly event pulls are not the main attraction. It also doesn't add up. $10 gets you on MJD, 2 10x pulls, 250,000 cr and 300 chrons. So, $20 should get you 2 MJDs, 4 10x pulls, 500,000 cr and 600 chrons, and for $25 you should get 2.5 MJDs (not possible, of course), 5 10x pulls, 625,000cr and 750 chrons. Instead, the DB offer for $25 yields 2 MJDs (could have yielded 3 to give added value), and falls short by 375,000 cr and 250 chrons. As I said, this is a deal for the mathematically challenged.

Or a deal for someone who says I’ll spend $10 on the game but not $25.
  • Options

I'm actually doing well enough so far that I think I can earn the three copies I need to FF my Mirror Jadzia Dax from the rank rewards, though, but ordinarily, I'd have already bailed on a Galaxy Event. In that event, I'd very likely have jumped at this $10 offer as a way to cut my losses and end with at least a 2/4 Jadzia. So even though I'm passing this time, I certainly hope this offer format repeats going forward. I can see myself taking a chance on one from time to time.
  • Options

Actually that is not how that works.... You can not make an offer and then when someone points it out say "this is a mistake we will be taking it down". Making a written offer does actually mean something. Anyone that has received it is most likely legally able to get it within the time offered.

In the UK and Australia, it is not an "offer" in legal terms.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually doing well enough so far that I think I can earn the three copies I need to FF my Mirror Jadzia Dax from the rank rewards, though, but ordinarily, I'd have already bailed on a Galaxy Event. In that event, I'd very likely have jumped at this $10 offer as a way to cut my losses and end with at least a 2/4 Jadzia. So even though I'm passing this time, I certainly hope this offer format repeats going forward. I can see myself taking a chance on one from time to time.

It works for someone who may need only one or two for a FF

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: the offer will be available until tomorrow.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merged a similar thread into this one.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Aw, leave it up. Just for people to have something extra to complain about.

"Dax has been there FOR EVER!!!!!!!

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?