Home The Bridge

Comments

• -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    Some weeks ago we complained about galaxy events back 2 back. That didn‘t mean we want faction events back 2 back. This event is the 4th faction only or faction hybrid in 5 weeks.
  • I might be alone with this opinion, but it seems to set a bad precedent to be giving away Night Terror Troi as part of this event when so many of us paid $25 to get her in the campaign track just last Halloween and could have waited to get her free.

Don't we usually wait awhile before giving out the campaign exclusives?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22
    I might be alone with this opinion, but it seems to set a bad precedent to be giving away Night Terror Troi as part of this event when so many of us paid $25 to get her in the campaign track just last Halloween and could have waited to get her free.

I don't see Troi in the event reward structure, so she should be pack-only, likely only included as an additional bonus crew that fits the theme of the event.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I might be alone with this opinion, but it seems to set a bad precedent to be giving away Night Terror Troi as part of this event when so many of us paid $25 to get her in the campaign track just last Halloween and could have waited to get her free.

I don't see Troi in the event reward structure, so she should be pack-only, likely only included as an additional bonus crew that fits the theme of the event.

Yeah, they aren't giving her away; you'll have to pay through packs to get her. Could be cheaper or not, depending on one's luck. I don't have a problem with this. In fact, my decision to unlock her Q slots is looking like a genius move. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to datacore.

a6defoagtqvw.png
  • -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Some weeks ago we complained about galaxy events back 2 back. That didn‘t mean we want faction events back 2 back. This event is the 4th faction only or faction hybrid in 5 weeks.

We attempt to vary the way evet types are lined up Captains. Some times we will get Galaxy, Factions, and maybe Voy...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    o0x2jwpruysf.gif
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good hear from you again Travis, sorry to hear about you friend.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    Ive recently lost another squadmate and stt friend. The continuity mentioned is a daily habit for many players. Finding friends in the game that eventually transcend STT or playing with existing friends has happened for many ppl. Coming into the game to chat with your friends is of daily importance. The social structure and daily continuity can be profound.
    My thoughts are with you @Travis S McClain as I am in mourning also. I continue to play because this is where we met. I try to honor the memory of my lost mates by continuing what we did together. The rivers of loss run deep. I hope you can find a shallow shore soon.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    Ive recently lost another squadmate and stt friend. The continuity mentioned is a daily habit for many players. Finding friends in the game that eventually transcend STT or playing with existing friends has happened for many ppl. Coming into the game to chat with your friends is of daily importance. The social structure and daily continuity can be profound.
    My thoughts are with you @Travis S McClain as I am in mourning also. I continue to play because this is where we met. I try to honor the memory of my lost mates by continuing what we did together. The rivers of loss run deep. I hope you can find a shallow shore soon.

I'm sorry about your losses, too, @DAE. My relationship with my friend began in 1995. We'd become brothers long before STT was even a thing. But Star Trek was part of our initial bonding. We played the old Decipher CCG a few times. I collected the Playmates toys. He and our other friends would often stay over and we'd monkey around with the action figures. Conga lines were common, but we'd frequently try to outdo one another posing figures together as inappropriately as we could imagine. (In our defense, the first Riker figure they made was sculpted like he was in the middle of doing something entirely inappropriate. They started it!) Our whole group went to see First Contact when it opened. He and I went back to see it the following weekend and brought my younger brother with us. We went riding around for awhile when it was over, and got pulled over just outside our neighborhood because one of his taillights was out. I don't even know how many citations he got because of that car's condition, but I vividly recall the time a mechanic literally wrote that he was driving the car over his own professional objections. I forget what that was about, but it eventually got fixed.

I think the Star Trek thing I associate most directly with him was when he recruited me for our school's Future Problem Solvers team. There were eighteen different categories to consider. To help us remember what they all were, we created flash cards linking each one to a Star Trek character. Some were obvious; Troi for Mental Health, Odo for Law & Justice. I can't remember whether we used Quark for Business & Commerce or Economics. We debated that one for awhile, and I can't remember who we came up with for whichever one we didn't use Quark. Those were the kinds of nerds we were. I don't regard continuing to play STT as a means of honoring him, though I can understand why it constitutes that for you and those you've lost. I honor him by trying to be the kind of person we agreed was decent, while also slipping in some inappropriate humor when I can. (Which, if I'm being entirely honest, I was gonna keep doing anyway.)

In any case, so far I've decided to compete:
    bh1ln39gsca9.png
    And now, note the time stamp, I've decided to sleep.
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain
    Thank you for the share. I enjoyed reading that. Chuckled a bit, and have a smile on my face. Sounds like you were the perfect “kind of nerds”.
    @Travis S McClain
    Thank you for the share. I enjoyed reading that. Chuckled a bit, and have a smile on my face. Sounds like you were the perfect “kind of nerds”.

If he was participating in this, he'd note this was the first time either of us had been characterized as a perfect anything.

As for the event, I've been reminded just how much I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Galaxy events. I wouldn't have even bothered chasing Niners Jadzia if this had been a full Galaxy. A hybrid is mind-numbing enough as it is. So far, I'm hanging in the top 40. Keep slipping back into and out of the top 30. It's been awhile since I paid attention, but is it typical to be this far into a Galaxy phase and not have unlocked the community reward 10x pull? It feels like we used to clear those in the first 24 hours.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain

If he was participating in this, he'd note this was the first time either of us had been characterized as a perfect anything.

As for the event, I've been reminded just how much I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Galaxy events. I wouldn't have even bothered chasing Niners Jadzia if this had been a full Galaxy. A hybrid is mind-numbing enough as it is. So far, I'm hanging in the top 40. Keep slipping back into and out of the top 30. It's been awhile since I paid attention, but is it typical to be this far into a Galaxy phase and not have unlocked the community reward 10x pull? It feels like we used to clear those in the first 24 hours.

This event was relatively fast in unlocking all the Community Awards. It's the new normal that the Community 10x pull isn't unlocked until the last 12hrs; it's now not unusual for it to be unlocked within the last hour of the event. We've even had an event or two (reruns mostly) that we didn't get the pull. It's a sign of a couple of things with the game.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    Had to step out for an errand right around 11:00. I was something like #33 when I left. I think I was on the verge of tapping out from all that tapping anyway. Now I wait until the recap packs to see if I can luck into either of her remaining two stars. No sense dipping into my citations since I'm gonna grab a few of those packs anyway. I dipped into my resources a lot more than I wanted to. If I remain as detached from the game as I have been the last several months, it'll take me until 2063 to replenish. That's alright. I reviewed my wish list. There's no one remaining that I'd want to chase enough to regret it (on whatever low tier regret for these pixels even exists).
    okyn1260q15r.png
  • We're sorry to hear about the passing of some of our Captains... From the Community and Product team at STT we send a warm hug, and salute all Captains. LLAP