Home The Bridge

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billup's Mum?

The 4 🌟.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Should be interesting.
  • Shidoni wrote: »
    It's an interesting choice to make the first real Voyage Event a hybrid. I think it's the right call, given the shakiness of the first event. Good idea combining it with Skirmish so we don't have issues with crew being "busy" again if that hasn't been completely fixed.

The right call? After the beta took hours to calculate the final scores and thise were not even correct?

Phase change should be interesting.
    Better make sure to recall ur event voyage before.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10
    Deleted (in case anyone saw it first). I can’t read. 🤦‍♂️

• > crew with the ‘Explorer (Ship trait for VE)’ trait.

The what now?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    > crew with the ‘Explorer (Ship trait for VE)’ trait.

The what now?

Explorer is the ship trait that will provide the AM bonus in the Voyage Event half.

Explorer will also be a a crew trait for bonus in both halves.
  • HighlyIllogicalHighlyIllogical ✭✭✭
    edited September 11
    3* Crit boosts for Voyage event are now appearing in standard boost 10 pulls. 5 packs gave five boosts for me.
    Tried basic boost 10 pulls and 5 packs gave 1 2* crit boost.
    No encounter skips.
    They show up in Voyage supplies in inventory not Boosts and kits.
  • I might have picked up the wrong idea from the test but it felt like the gold/silver skills remain fixed for all players and throughout the event for Event Voyages. (Please do let me know if I'm wrong!)

If I am right about that, could they be added to the event notes in future to allow us to plan ahead in terms of levelling/thawing/quipping crew?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    <s>It would be a real shame, especially for those of us who sleep at/after the event starts or who do not live in North America, if we had the ability to acquire some of those extension boosts from packs before the event starts so we could send out an event voyage and not have to make the decision of either not caring about it or having it dominate our lives.</s>
  • They're in the packs now, I pulled some yesterday and got a couple of gold skips which get you past 3 "encounters".
  • I'm confused. The event just started like a half hour ago. How does bro at the top already have like 200,000 points? I don't see any way to speed up encounters... or am I missing something? Do the skips also "fast forward"?
  • Luna Belle wrote: »
    I'm confused. The event just started like a half hour ago. How does bro at the top already have like 200,000 points? I don't see any way to speed up encounters... or am I missing something? Do the skips also "fast forward"?

There are fast forward boosts for sale and they can also drop from the premium boost pulls.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    These?

rum6vdh0xvoh.jpg
    pj5mh3yhzste.jpg
  • How often do the battles/encounters come up? Seems like if you can't stare at your game for hours this is a tough event?
    I have also sent the Ferengi to count my latinum.

lr7q9yr89f2e.jpg
  • So once it hits two hours it's just two hours every time after that?
  • Can you extend a voyage with dilithium if you don't have voyage tokens?
    Luna Belle wrote: »
    I'm confused. The event just started like a half hour ago. How does bro at the top already have like 200,000 points? I don't see any way to speed up encounters... or am I missing something? Do the skips also "fast forward"?

There are fast forward boosts for sale and they can also drop from the premium boost pulls.

It has to be the Fast Forward boost. If you use the skip encounter boost, you cannot fast forward until the skip has expired.

4.5 hours into my voyage, and 2.5 hours into the event.

l72mpo5dm01r.jpg
    t3ncl57mts2b.jpg
  • Can you extend a voyage with dilithium if you don't have voyage tokens?

Yes.
  • I just ran out of antimatter somewhere after the 14hr encounter (used fast forward boosts). When I used a revival token it took me straight to the next encounter. Now past the 16hr mark. Likely a bug?
  • I used a 5 star skip for the first three encounters and it didn't work at all, still had to do all three encounters. so lost time because wanted to use it because I am work and don't have time to watch it right now
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So once it hits two hours it's just two hours every time after that?

Yes I believe so.
    Let’s fly!
  • I'm not sure I'm getting this right... I've used a few boosts to speed up, but the Voyage just seems to carry on, but without the encounters.
    Last boost has expired, and I'm coming up to 2hrs 45mins.
    Are we supposed to get more VP from completing the encounters, or from running the Voyage longer? The whole thing just seems to be dragging along...

From what I vaguely remember of the "test" event previously, does the Voyage bit recall instantly, allowing you to start a new one with all the frequent encounters that then appear at the higher repetition rate?

What I'm getting at is this - what's the best way to run this thing? Long extended "Voyage" (like the "real" Voyages) to get VP, or short, repeated Voyage stages to hit more encounters?

I gave up on the demo "test event" because it was crashing so much, so I've got nothing to compare with.

Every other Event type would have me a lot further through the threshold rewards by now, but obviously there's no quick-start to speed things up, and the time boosts don't seem to be working the way I expected?

There doesn't seem to be any kind of instructions/directions for this event type on the Forums that I can see...

Am I missing something, or is it just not working properly because it doesn't seem as intuitive as the rest of the events?
    i5q7d2ujtcov.jpeg

Intervals for the gauntlet part of the voyage event. At 120 min it is just every 2 hrs after that.

I'm guessing the best points to boosts ratio is to do the encounters up to, and including the two hour mark. Then use a few fast forwards, then either check in every two hours, or use encounter skips if you cannot.

Dil to extend only if you are competing for rank, but it's skirmish in part two, which should dwarf points in part one, unless you are Frank.
  • OK... discovered the difference between the skip and speed-up time boosts. I used a few of the boosts and jumped 1200 places!

So those purple time boosts are the same as the "old" time boosts, in that it jumps you ahead to the next encounter.

Still not sure if the Voyage bit will take the same kinda time to return when the Antimatter runs out, or if it instantly returns home (which is what happened for me on the test run)...

I hope the drop rate on these new boosts improves a bit if they do regular runs of this odd combination event in the future tho...
  • I'm with you @Bylo Band. Which crew do I put where? etc,etc.

How do I "fast forward" without using voyage boosts to get a ridiculous score like where Frank is at?

Not to mention I am still seeing buggy issues, the same ones since the Beta.

I will say it is "interesting" for now, and reserve the idea for "fun" until I figure it out better.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage crew selection was bad. It was obviously setup for gauntlet. I made sure to use my few good gauntlet med crew, but their numbers will drag my numbers down. I will definitely need to prioritize citing med gauntlet crew and running them through continuum missions.