Home Ready Room
Options

Let's have some fun: If you were a DB crew, what skills and attributes would your card have?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SCI / DIP here. Vulcan in Seven of Nine's position - ie not Starfleet, no rank, just curled up in the astrometrics lab on my own until my captain needs me or my telepathic abilities are required for a mission. (Maybe even an "assimilated" version since I'd love the cybernetic enhancements - sans the actual assimilation.)
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I think I am... young and handsome Captain Kirk swashbuckling his way through the galaxy picking up hot alien chicks

787pi3si997c.jpeg

Reality is... assimilated Corporate drone... clerk seven of cubicle nine...

gappqe75d0kc.jpeg
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many characters and stories of the characters I can relate to, identify with and enjoy from ds9, tng, voyager, Ent & tos (in that order) (still getting to know ya, Discovery)

But it comes down to Sisko & Odo for me. (honorable mentions to Data)
    In the end having to choose one it would be Odo.

Being different then everyone around me..
    Them not understanding me, me not completely understanding them.. but still understanding them wwaaay better then they understand me..

An outsider, quite often happy to be so because I'd rather be an outsider then a stupid idiot..
    Fitting in and conforming just to make things easier.

I find myself often wishing i could form a third and fourth arm because two middle fingers often just isn't enough.

The need for Justice, to bring right where I see wrong. The distrust of others intentions because so often there is nothing trustworthy in their intentions.

The need to protect myself because I cannot let a potential enemy see weakness, even for a moment.

The love tucked away, hidden inside and guarded better then even his most protected prisoner or witness.. waiting, wanting and wishing for it to finally be reciprocated..

And then for it to finally be..
    It's like I found the home I've always sought.
    And with that, I can be the me I've always wanted to be. Even if it's just when I am with her.

... And stuff or whatever.

• Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    There was another thread similar to this, but as for specific characters that part is new.

My stats would be CMD/DIP/MED in that order... unfortunately there are no characters that have those skills in that order in the game. The closest for me would probably be The President of Earth or Bartender Guinan.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    o6zawa8nz7fe.gif
    oabrikkovvjs.png

It's me I'm back
    04bl6jf0fdpw.gif

• Options
    @Shan
    Can you merge these, please. Use whichever title.
    forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2768/lets-have-some-fun-if-you-were-a-db-crew-what-skills-and-attributes-would-your-card-have#latest

I am really sorry, I wasn't aware there was a similar topic. I promise it was a genuine idea :)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it. And your title is better. And I like the idea of which character represents you. I'm still deciding which card I would be.
  • Options
    I'm a rural Mail carrier, so lets see,

Diplomacy ( gotta keep customers Happy!)

Cmd (I have to help direct Substitutes, and Organize Delivery and Pick-up Orders, and quite a few hours Pilot in Command on my FAA license)

Eng (as I gotta keep my jeep working, we aren't provided one like City carriers)

Traits: Human, Federation(Federal job lol), Communicator, Pilot, Jury Rigger, Ambassador, Musician, resourceful, Romantic

This was fun Guys, great thread !

• Options
    I'd say that I'm a DIP/SCI/CMD, in that order. So I'm Ambassador Sarek?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FutureImperfecta - Odo is the character with whom I most identify in the entire canon, for most of the same reasons you gave. Here's my rankings of how closely I identify with the Timelines Odo personae:

Stranded Odo
    Between my physical health and my mental health, I very much identify with this Odo's Survivalist trait. And thankfully, I have my own Quarks to help carry me when I'm unable to keep going on my own.

Investigator Odo
    In a lot of respects, Odo's earlier days mirror my own, where I was more trapped inside my own head than I was engaged with the people around me. I was rigid. No one ever died because of choices that I made, but like everyone else, I've made mistakes and hurt others at times.

Gaia Odo
    I can understand that conflict he had about the opportunity to save Kira, and why he forsook his own code to do it. I think most of us would make exceptions like that. As the episode left us to ponder, I don't know that it makes it right, but I understand it.

Zhian'tara Odo
    I've come to feel like less of an outsider as I've gotten older, though. By this point in my life, any issues of feeling that way are all in my own head, a holdover from my youth when I was explicitly excluded from cliques. I think Odo's merging with Curzon personifies that breakthrough in socialization and learning to relax.

Umpire Odo
    I mean, I love baseball so this is the coolest Odo in my book. I make a conscious point to be as fair as I can, and I feel that umpiring is a great manifestation of that.

Constable Odo
    The default, baseline Odo. Not much else to say about him, except that I still wish either he had more sound clips or DB would revoke the one he has.

Jazz Musician Odo
    This is the Odo I'd most like to be, but he's the one I'm least like. I've almost always kept my romantic feelings to myself, rather than be an inconvenience or a bother or jeopardize a relationship. It fits in with my plan to die alone and be eaten by the cat.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who deals with collectibles for a living it seems the Trek character I identify the most with is....

Kivas Fajo.

Probably not the best Trek character to model one's life after. I might have to look into getting a new job.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Khan.
  • Options
    I would probably be equal parts engineering and science, and a low part command, as i am more of a last resort kind of person to bark orders.

I rarely play nice just to make people happy.
    I'm old and out of shape, so my combat capabilities are not what they once were.
    very little medical experience beyond bandaids and skinned knees.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes I think I'm Bateson. Everyone knows my name at work and I keep doing the same things over and over and over.
  • Options
    Damnit, [KF] Kapitan Dobchan! I'm a doctor, not some postulating philosopher!

Yes, I'm a doctor - so definitely MED as my primary skill. I have a background in SCI, but I think the MED skill would take precedent.
    I was in the Army for quite some time, but more CMD than SEC for me. However, I've been told that I communicate well, so maybe even more DIP than CMD.

In the end, I'd be MED/DIP/CMD...but with the SCI background, I may have one of those hidden skills that would be able to crit a node that you wouldn't expect.

Over the years, I've grown a little more irritable and gruff, but still love what I do! I definitely relate and identify most with Leonard McCoy.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    In a lot of ways, I'm similar to my namesake, Data — not showing a lot of emotion, approaching things very analytically, always striving to improve myself. But other times and in other ways, I'm like Worf — a bit brooding at times, unafraid to speak my mind, but with a strong romantic streak, and an underlying sense of honor and doing what's right. Skill and trait wise, however, I guess I'm closer to Picard. And I just now realized those three are sort of representative of what are often considered to be the three facets of the human thought process: intellect, emotion, and instinct. 🤔

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlizzj1fgfp3.jpg

I guess in STT terms it'd be Desert Ezri, since all the other variants are from later in the season when she's got herself sorted out. I feel like I can identify with standing on her head because maybe it makes sense that way up.
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    jlizzj1fgfp3.jpg

I guess in STT terms it'd be Desert Ezri, since all the other variants are from later in the season when she's got herself sorted out. I feel like I can identify with standing on her head because maybe it makes sense that way up.

Even if she wasn't as strong a character as Jadzia was, I absolutely loved the "discover who you really are" storyline of Ezri. It made absolute sense in every conceivable way.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlizzj1fgfp3.jpg

Even if she wasn't as strong a character as Jadzia was, I absolutely loved the "discover who you really are" storyline of Ezri. It made absolute sense in every conceivable way.

I think if Ezri had been another Trill, not a Dax host, and came in at a different time folks would have felt differently. Its the stark contrast between her and Jadzia and the pain some folks had of losing a favorite character that brought the assessment of Ezri down lower.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    jlizzj1fgfp3.jpg

I think if Ezri had been another Trill, not a Dax host, and came in at a different time folks would have felt differently. Its the stark contrast between her and Jadzia and the pain some folks had of losing a favorite character that brought the assessment of Ezri down lower.

A spot on assessment. It just felt that we're getting a Dax sub too quickly and the people who actually cared about the show, didn't get enough time to... say, mourn. I personally, like both of them, but Terry Farrell stole the show over 6 seasons, while Nicole de Boer only had a single season, so it was hard for some to really get into her character.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, Ezri had to be very different from Jadzia so fans could have a contrast. Otherwise it would just be seen as an attempt to redo Jadzia.
  • Options
    izausome wrote: »
    Captain Scott
    Can make *hugs* go
    And drink a lot :smiley:

We should all drink in your honor and health and happiness, and whatnot else for making that awesome website. I always come back to it when I am unsure whom to pick in a behold.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlizzj1fgfp3.jpg

I adore Ezri. I adored her even more in retrospect when I made friends with someone who reminded me a lot of her. So if you're much like my friend, @Kaitee, you must be delightful, compassionate, and wise, even if you're often too frazzled to see those things in yourself.
  • Options
    I'm a red shirt by nature, so I don't get a name. Or maybe, "red shirt 73"

Security--(I can hold a pointed stick in the right direction)

Traits: Expendable, Flatulent, Comic Relief, Frequently Confused
  • Options
    Dip/Cmd

Diplomat, Inspiring, Chef, Resourceful, Crafty, Herbalist, Mycologist
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primary, Engineering.
    Secondary, Science.

Astrophysicist, Exoarchaeologist, Explorer, Human, Civillian, Resourceful, Jury Rigger

Edit: ah heck I want to be useful on voyages - tertiary skill command
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO