Home The Bridge

So, is Burnham gonna find a slot....

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
In your Cadet Missions?

She has some pretty good numbers in two Attributes.....

qcion5566h23.png
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Yes, fish swim and birds fly.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, she's not gonna make it in. I have it down to 6 for all 5 days, if she had the honorary Vulcan trait she'd be in with a shout. The purple one will stay, though, for sure.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    No chance, she will be frozen Monday evening to make way for Nurse "Paracetamol " Janeway.
  • immediately airlocked both copies.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yea, not happening, even if her stats are better. I just freakin hate her.
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    immediately airlocked both copies.

Dude, she took me all of a few hours to immortalize and cryo. It's worth doing for the achievement.
  • Have her immortalised and frozen, still using this:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Festive_Jadzia_Dax
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Dax. I have Burnham immortalized and will use her through the event, but Dax is alien.
  • After the event she gets a spot in the freezer....
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Yea, not happening, even if her stats are better. I just freakin hate her.
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    immediately airlocked both copies.

Dude, she took me all of a few hours to immortalize and cryo. It's worth doing for the achievement.

Wasn't worth spending any time, items, or chronitons on as far as I'm concerned.
  • Pfft. I already airlocked Graduation Burnham - twice. Discovery characters all get flushed with extreme prejudice.
  • That said, I begrudgingly immortalized Graduation Burnham only because I got two extra copies from packs trying to get an extra copy of Mariachi Q. But I can't stand the character (or STD) and would have preferred it be someone else. I wan't to see as little of her as possible.
    You know, the show is kinda growing on me. I appreciate it not as a Star Trek show, but as a dystopian sci-fantasy adventure.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, the show is kinda growing on me. I appreciate it not as a Star Trek show, but as a dystopian sci-fantasy adventure.

Nobody does evil other dimension versions like Star Trek. It might be a little early to play the Mirror card in Discovery but its always welcome regardless. I'm hoping Mirror Nice-Guy Mudd tries to save the day. And then gets owned horribly.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
    Pfft. I already airlocked Graduation Burnham - twice. Discovery characters all get flushed with extreme prejudice.

See, I don't understand that. I understand hating or loving or anything-in-between the show. I understand (and agree) that how she is presented in this event's storyline makes her a horrible person. (I've never seen the show, I don't know how she is presented there.) My thoughts on her character or on any show in particular won't make me auto airlock anything. I'm keeping her. I have lots of crew who are reprehensible. I love having my Winn character, but she is deplorable. Q is great for the game, but no one would want him on their ships. I could go on. Half my crew would be jailed or dismissed if I were Capitan David on a real starship.
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Nobody does evil other dimension versions like Star Trek. It might be a little early to play the Mirror card in Discovery but its always welcome regardless. I'm hoping Mirror Nice-Guy Mudd tries to save the day. And then gets owned horribly.

I think the times this series TRULY messes up is when they THINK they're being true to Star Trek. All they end up doing is getting it wrong and pissing me off. They're at their best when going in new directions. I think they should stick to that.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Actually Farscape did quite well in Unrealized Reality, with several variations some evil, some not.
    And Stargate are had several episodes of alternate universe type. Some of them had evil futures. Still, I think Star Trek did it best.
  • edited January 2018
    No. As has already been mentioned, Prisoner Burnham only has Starfleet and Female so you'd need an alien to do all days SCI.
    Festive Jadzia is safe in my cadet crew.
    nt4gdvzs8r3y.png
    That said, Graduation Burnham is now the top base 4* SCI crew so (because of power creep and the fact she's basically free if all the thresholds are met) there's no logical reason not to keep her and level her up.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Stargate are had several episodes of alternate universe type. Some of them had evil futures. Still, I think Star Trek did it best.

I still think nothing can compete with Zhaan and the pirate gear. Even a certain Mirror Captain aint that hot :)
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still debating if I'll keep 2* Burnie for my cadet challenges.
    If her SEC proficiency were better (I know this can be raised by starbases), it would put her in better favour. Also if she had the Vulcan trait, then absolutely.

I am tired of using Seska for all of my higher security needs on most challenges. It'd be nice to have someone fresher and efficient.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pfft. I already airlocked Graduation Burnham - twice. Discovery characters all get flushed with extreme prejudice.

Whatever. Anyone with more SCI than Princess Jadzia deserves a spot on my roster.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the space to keep her active for right now, so I'll use her some next week just for the variety, but she's freezer-bound next time I need a slot. Airiam is the only Disco crew member who would be eligible for all three cadet challenges, and while I would gladly use her, since she'd almost certainly be SCI/ENG, I'd rather she get a 4* card. It's more important to me to bolster my main crew than it is to add variety to my cadet roster.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, she's not gonna make it in. I have it down to 6 for all 5 days, if she had the honorary Vulcan trait she'd be in with a shout. The purple one will stay, though, for sure.

@cannabination - I'm curious to know who your 6 are? I've been considering trying to whittle mine down as small as possible and wondering what you ended up with?
    In your Cadet Missions?

She has some pretty good numbers in two Attributes.....

1. No, stats don't matter as much with Starbases. Mission flexibility is more relevant.
    2. Level your event crew! You have chrons! You have no excuse!
  • dext74 wrote: »

@cannabination - I'm curious to know who your 6 are? I've been considering trying to whittle mine down as small as possible and wondering what you ended up with?

I have it down to 5 with Worf, Seska, Sito, Crusher and Dax. Can do all epic on MTWF and any elite on Thursday. If you run epic on Thursday for some reason, you might need more.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's enuff Vulcan to me that she'd fit as an Alien (just like Sisko would fit as an alien because of his Bajoran connections to the Proffitts) ... butt since she's not, she got vaulted the second she was immurrtalized, surrey. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • dext74 wrote: »

I run Worf, Melora, Seska, Crusher, Sito, and Hoshi for MTWTF and Winn, Saavik, Ezri, and Dukat for the weekend. I will drop Hoshi sometimes if I need the slot, but she gives some options for MWF.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
    dext74 wrote: »

I run Worf, Melora, Seska, Crusher, Sito, and Hoshi for MTWTF and Winn, Saavik, Ezri, and Dukat for the weekend. I will drop Hoshi sometimes if I need the slot, but she gives some options for MWF.

I dropped Hoshi when I figured out that you can EASm3 with Festive Dax and EASm5 with Seska.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Frozen in both accounts.

I have not bothered to check to see if the crew that have been added could decrease my need to have nine 2* cadets to guarantee success and get all rewards in all missions.