Home The Bridge
Options

New Cornwell clearly shows graphics quality degradation

Comments

• Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    So gameplay wise STT has a huge advantage for the moment....
    I never expected there'd be a context where this sentence made sense.

Hehe, yeah. While there could and should be more to do for us in STT, compared to the competition it is "much" :p

• Options
    I got a sneak preview of the upcoming artwork for March:

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

Oh no... not ANOTHER Riker!
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

Oh no... not ANOTHER Riker!

Can I swap Mirror Data for this one?
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Re: Adversaries as "competition", it won't be. It's a Hearthstone clone. Even if it survives at all in the sea of other Not-Hearthstones, it's not direct competition for this game.
  • Options
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    Guest  wrote: »
    koba wrote: »
    ...but that does not mean I wont buy the fifth star of her :)
    Ha! Same here. Lousy artwork but still like the show character so I’ll drop the $25 to get her FF

and as long as mediocre is acceptable to the player base, then mediocre is what we will get ....

This guest gets it. Your pitchforks are barely tickling DB because you're wrapping them with dollar bills.

Again, what do you suggest petty thief? They’ve acknowledged our frustration and have chose to not act. What would you like us to do?

Most of us won't have any effect on DB no matter what we do, but your being a whale actually gives you a potential vote that might matter. Sign up for therapy sessions or go cold turkey, but stop validating DB's choice "not to act" by continuing to spend thousands. They'll never hire the original artist again, but at least you'll feel like you're not sheep anymore.
  • Options
    There have been some clear misses, like Mirror Data.

For the most part Im ok with the art.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

If this is from an actual game, I'd like to know the title ...
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

If this is from an actual game, I'd like to know the title ...

Star Trek Trexels. I tried to play it a while back but it kept glitching on the first mission.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know should I bother with stoned Tyler because his stats are great or just airlock him because that artwork is stupid af.
  • Options
    Well, out of the 3, Tyler is probably the most useful, so it makes perfect sense to go 130k VP and peace out.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by star trek adversaries' art. I might give it a try, even though I am not a Heartstone fan. Might still be decent.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    Star Trek Trexels. I tried to play it a while back but it kept glitching on the first mission.

Thanks. All the 8-bit games I've tried lately have fallen flat, but I'll check it out.
  • Options
    It’s not a who goes first thing. It’s a we all have to turn our keys at the same time thing. Are we all going to do that?

Experience teaches that the only times the community managed to bend DB's will, the initiative started with a couple of whale fleet leaders who managed to convince their fleet members to boycott an event (or something).

The CEO in person came to the forums within a couple of hours. It was effective.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not a who goes first thing. It’s a we all have to turn our keys at the same time thing. Are we all going to do that?

Experience teaches that the only times the community managed to bend DB's will, the initiative started with a couple of whale fleet leaders who managed to convince their fleet members to boycott an event (or something).

The CEO in person came to the forums within a couple of hours. It was effective.

Woah! I’m anti-fleet bough so I couldn’t start such a movement but it sounds like y’all got results. Much more so than how we just get moderated and censored with the occasional joke but never answers to questions we actually want answers to. Or feedback on something important we inquire about

• Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It's a shame that some of the 1* crew, which the vast majority will never use, have far better art than some of their legendary versions..
    Re: Adversaries as "competition", it won't be. It's a Hearthstone clone. Even if it survives at all in the sea of other Not-Hearthstones, it's not direct competition for this game.

I'm not so sure about that. There are lot of people who will play a Star Trek game just because it's a Star Trek game: irrespective of the game's genre. I wouldn't normally have played a game like this, or a game which is run like this one is, but Star Trek brought me in the Star Trek kept me here. I've never played Hearthstone, but I will probably give Adversaries a go when it's out of beta.
  • Options

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

Fantastic! At least that’s an upgrade...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

What? No Wesley? That’s just WRONG...

Seriously... now that Wesley is like Time Travelling he should show up in DIS... then we can have “Discovery Wesley” that people can airlock with twice their usual passion !!!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

1kbas2zpjilo.jpeg

I hand it to that artist. I can totally tell who each one of them is right away

• Options

It is a card collecting game as well, also the official preview at www.startrek.com describes it as that. So same as STT. Card collecting flashed out with some game modes. Like this with the official Star Trek licence. And very good character art. Anyway, main hope is that through Adversaries DB puts some more effort into the art again...
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭

It is a card collecting game as well, also the official preview at www.startrek.com describes it as that. So same as STT. Card collecting flashed out with some game modes. Like this with the official Star Trek licence. And very good character art. Anyway, main hope is that through Adversaries DB puts some more effort into the art again...

"Card collecting" in terms of what Hearthstone Clones are and "Card collecting" in terms of what Timelines is are two entirely different things. Like I saw someone in one of these chains say "It's only got this one game mode so far, ship battles." That's it, that's the whole game. Because it's Hearthstone.

To put it in real world terms, Baseball cards and Magic the Gathering. Both are card collections, and they're not remotely the same thing.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    rcupiv7pfaaa.jpg
    I think your complaints should be addressed to the hair and makeup team of the show.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited February 2018

To put it in real world terms, Baseball cards and Magic the Gathering. Both are card collections, and they're not remotely the same thing.

You are the Hearthstone expert, not me, so that is all fine and well. But...STT was the first Star Trek game in ages. Now there is a second officially licenced Star Trek game. With better character art as well. And I don´t know if you know but STT also started with not much to do. And many more gameplay modes etc. were added over time. So no one knows what will happen with Star Trek Adversaries in the future. Unless you have a crystal ball ;)

And as you may have seen one user of this game also bought packs there already. And the opening, same as here, is celebrated in flashy style. So the term competion is well justified. Because no matter if Adversaries is a Hearthstone clone so far, it is all about the licence. I would not care overly about STT if it would not be Star Trek. It refreshes my memory of the franchise, makes me rewatch some episodes again etc. That is the point.

And, yet again, the main point is that Adversaries has better art. And with a new licenced Star Trek game around my hope that this will lead to better graphical things here again :p

• Options
    rcupiv7pfaaa.jpg
    I think your complaints should be addressed to the hair and makeup team of the show.

Same as you I find many of the DB´s slashing over the top, but the art got worse - sadly. Take a look at Lt Commander Jadzia Dax for example. Or also 1701 Dax. And the difference is obvious. Granted, there was some not too detailed art in the past 2. But that was more the exception. Now it is mainly the "rule"....
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭

You are the Hearthstone expert, not me, so that is all fine and well. But...STT was the first Star Trek game in ages. Now there is a second officially licenced Star Trek game. With better character art as well. And I don´t know if you know but STT also started with not much to do. And many more gameplay modes etc. were added over time. So no one knows what will happen with Star Trek Adversaries in the future. Unless you have a crystal ball ;)

And as you may have seen one user of this game also bought packs there already. And the opening, same as here, is celebrated in flashy style. So the term competion is well justified. Because no matter if Adversaries is a Hearthstone clone so far, it is all about the licence. I would not care overly about STT if it would not be Star Trek. It refreshes my memory of the franchise, makes me rewatch some episodes again etc. That is the point.

And, yet again, the main point is that Adversaries has better art. And with a new licenced Star Trek game around my hope that this will lead to better graphical things here again :p

I bought a few packs got legendary replicator rations and flagships from packs on a test pull figured it was worth €9.99. I was impressed when I fix my mousepad on my laptop it's glitching ATM I'll buy a few 59.99 packs which gives 50 decks with 5 cards a pop. The more revenue it generates the more features that get added it's only a matter of time before it's on par with stt and branches out from Pc to mobile devices so a good investment to start building strong decks now.
  • Options
    NeemsNeems ✭✭✭

I don't know how to break your quote up in to smaller pieces so I'm going to reply to all of it here. STT was not the first Star Trek game in ages. They've been releasing pretty steadily on mobile platforms, not to mention the continued existence of STO. As for multiple game modes and whether or not they can be predicted, you seem to have misunderstood me. Adversaries is not currently limited to some small mode waiting for more content. The mode it has is the entire point of the game, because its a Hearthstone clone. You build decks of cards, and you fight them against each other. I don't need a crystal ball to predict that, they all work this way. As for buying packs, you can't yet. The game gives you $10 of free packs, but the store isn't open in the beta. I spent my $10 and got some neat cards, and have played around with them a bit. It's a decent Hearthstone clone. It scratches none of the same itches Timelines does, because they're entirely different genres of video game.

Adversaries does have some good art, but some of the characters look really, really wonky. Especially the Klingons. They seem to have phoned those in a bit. Several cards also just have big ? where a character should be, presumably because they haven't gotten around to it. I wouldn't go begging their artist to come over to Timelines' camp, just yet.

In any case I hope both games do well, because there's room for both of them under the Star Trek umbrella. That said, people have been chasing Hearthstone's shadow for years now with limited success, so I'm not going to be wholly surprised if Adversaries languishes.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can safely say I have too much invested in this game to switch. I’ve built my position here. My money will go to strengthen it here, not start over somewhere else. Black Pebble, Shan, I realize I’ve busted your chops a few times lately but I still appreciate you, and I still remain faithful and loyal to this game.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can safely say I have too much invested in this game to switch. I’ve built my position here. My money will go to strengthen it here, not start over somewhere else. Black Pebble, Shan, I realize I’ve busted your chops a few times lately but I still appreciate you, and I still remain faithful and loyal to this game.

k6ibygt1cwbm.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

k6ibygt1cwbm.jpg

I sympathize with my abductors?
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

k6ibygt1cwbm.jpg

I sympathize with my abductors?

Just joking I've also invested time and money in STO, STT and looking forward to doing the same in STA
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm Loving Adversaries ATM 😊
  • Options
    In all honesty the admirals picture is not great. Just to play devils advocate though mirror Counselor Troy and mirror Dr. crusher were pretty awesome.