Home The Bridge

Notoriously hard to level cards

13»

Comments

• Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    After equipping The Traveler over the weekend, I might add him to the list.
    I'm almost finished, but Admiral Cornwell is proving extremely costly after level 70. She needs high value items and items from several different factions.

Her level 86 medical experiment stalled me a bit, but she seemed pretty reasonable for a legendary.
  • Ambassador Spock and Mirror Phlox are tough for sure.
  • People have more than covered the gory details of the game's top resource **tsk tsk** in absolute terms, though I would say that some of the hardest pills to swallow are the 2* and 3* characters who demand far more effort to FE than any utility they can provide. Lt Commander Data, Gaia Odo, Talos IV Spock, Deanna Troi, Racquetball Bashir, etc. They are (mostly) not as bad as their "worst of" 4* and 5* counterparts, but at least with many of those, there is some lasting value that comes from slogging through. These characters provide no such benefit.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • People have more than covered the gory details of the game's top resource *left-handed Duck-Billed Platypus* in absolute terms, though I would say that some of the hardest pills to swallow are the 2* and 3* characters who demand far more effort to FE than any utility they can provide. Lt Commander Data, Gaia Odo, Talos IV Spock, Deanna Troi, Racquetball Bashir, etc. They are (mostly) not as bad as their "worst of" 4* and 5* counterparts, but at least with many of those, there is some lasting value that comes from slogging through. These characters provide no such benefit.

Only a single benefit: adding to your roster to fulfill your immortal tally for bonus dils.

I must have ejected Racquetball Bashir 2 dozen times before I actually got 3 in one drop and said "oh, what the hell." Just finished him and cryo'd him.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Generally variants of these characters stand out:

La Forge
    Data
    Bashir
    Troi
    Spock
    Janeway

I agree with your assessments excepting Janeway. Other than Arachnia and Klingon Janeway I’ve found most versions of her to be really easy to level, and the most irritating thing about Arachnia was all the damn holoprograms you needed, that and pheromones. Klingon Janeway has been difficult for me due to her reliance on shuttle based components. The only Janeway I’ve no idea about is Katrine, since she’s the only one I’ve never had. Also, there are sometimes exceptions within these listed. Bridge Offficer Troi was easy to level but Drunk Troi was a real pain in the bottom and my Durango Troi is still stuck at level 60 or so.

Katrine is definitely not as bad as Arachnia, though she still needs Holoprograms too as she was based in a Holoprogram, but most of her items do not require them.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Mirror Phlox requires 5* equipment really early on and it doesn’t relent. Thank God for replicators
  • Let’s pour some romulan ale for the original recipe 1-star Chacotay. Back in the dark time before the replicator. That was an epically stupid build for a no value card. I think I worked on him for like 4 weeks. And the kicker is that I don’t even like Chacotay....
  • I just finished Sherriff Worf and he was a little more difficult than I thought.