Home The Bridge

It's like they don't even want to make money.

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
So, for at least two weeks now I haven't bought the $9.99 offer because it was the ranked character, and I wanted the threshold character in order to FF them. These were all faction events, so that made sense, right? Note, both of those weeks, DB basically offered the same character in the $24.99 and the $9.99 offers.

Now it's the threshold character. On a Galaxy event. Which, by the way, is not who they offered yesterday for $24.99. Why would I buy this? Coincidentally, how many players would be unable to get to 130k VP but are willing to shell out $10?

Do you just not want people to buy your offers, DB?

EDIT: Another great example of them not wanting to make money: not doing anything about the "Fully Fused Behold" problem makes me FAR less likely to buy packs. And I've got news for you, DB. At this point there are very few packs where I don't have at least one character FF. I can't remember the last time I bought a pack.

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    So, for at least two weeks now I haven't bought the $9.99 offer because it was the ranked character, and I wanted the threshold character in order to FF them. These were all faction events, so that made sense, right? Note, both of those weeks, DB basically offered the same character in the $24.99 and the $9.99 offers.

Now it's the threshold character. On a Galaxy event. Which, by the way, is not who they offered yesterday for $24.99. Why would I buy this? Coincidentally, how many players would be unable to get to 130k VP but are willing to shell out $10?

Do you just not want people to buy your offers, DB?

EDIT: Another great example of them not wanting to make money: not doing anything about the "Fully Fused Behold" problem makes me FAR less likely to buy packs. And I've got news for you, DB. At this point there are very few packs where I don't have at least one character FF. I can't remember the last time I bought a pack.

For the faction events, wouldn't it be better to simply purchase an event pack?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well, Grant, I'll answer your question. Next week I won't, because I already have Shran FF. Last week I could have, to have a chance at FF'ng the Mother Horta. But I waited until Sunday hoping I could get a guaranteed copy of MH in the $9.99 offer. And then it was Gillian Taylor. Which angered me. So I used honor to FF it. People on here will tell you, they end up buying 10 to 15 packs just to get any one character fully fused. I'm not THAT kind of spender.

EDIT: Week before that yes, I could have bought the pack with Yar, Tsunkatse Seven and McCoy. But I didn't, because I airlocked that horrible Yar the second I got her. All three times. The artwork turned me off.

EDIT 2: Also, Grant, DB obviously understands there are people like me who aren't going to buy 10 or 15 packs to get what they want. That's why they came out with the $9.99 offer in the first place. So my original point: Why wouldn't they have given me my final copy of Mother Horta for $9.99? And why THIS week, during a GALAXY event, they offer the threshold character?

IT MAKES NO SENSE!
  • I was surprised too. Who is going to buy Tyler at this point?
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Grant, I'll answer your question. Next week I won't, because I already have Shran FF. Last week I could have, to have a chance at FF'ng the Mother Horta. But I waited until Sunday hoping I could get a guaranteed copy of MH in the $9.99 offer. And then it was Gillian Taylor. Which angered me. So I used honor to FF it. People on here will tell you, they end up buying 10 to 15 packs just to get any one character fully fused. I'm not THAT kind of spender.

EDIT: Week before that yes, I could have bought the pack with Yar, Tsunkatse Seven and McCoy. But I didn't, because I airlocked that horrible Yar the second I got her. All three times. The artwork turned me off.

EDIT 2: Also, Grant, DB obviously understands there are people like me who aren't going to buy 10 or 15 packs to get what they want. That's why they came out with the $9.99 offer in the first place. So my original point: Why wouldn't they have given me my final copy of Mother Horta for $9.99? And why THIS week, during a GALAXY event, they offer the threshold character?

IT MAKES NO SENSE!

I understand. My good luck getting the character I need on the first pack most times probably colours my opinion.
    edited February 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I understand. My good luck getting the character I need on the first pack most times probably colours my opinion.

Dang it Grant why do you always have to be THAT guy?
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guy that puts a silly "U" in color? :*
  • I figured I wasn't the only person to let the $25 offer expire expecting DB to be consistent from week to week and plan on using my rank reward to FF Terah if I couldn't manage to get lucky enough with the included two packs in the $10 offer. I'm not normally one to begrudge DB the motive of profit-driven decisions, but this was just not an intuitive decision, at all. Why would anyone willing to spend not have already bought the offered chroniton deal and FF Tyler via threshold? How does wrecking a strategy for your players engender goodwill or promote a willingness to spend? Also, why are these chroniton deals not running the duration of the event???? Anyone? Beuller???
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

Honour, Valour, Harbour, Through... there is no shortage of neglected “u” words in America... U lives matter !!!
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

Honour, Valour, Harbour, Through... there is no shortage of neglected “u” words in America... U lives matter !!!
    Uh, through? We use that one.

Uh, through? We use that one.

54zc37e8yafa.gif

Although technically THRU does have a U...
    To be fair... the Brits don’t make sense lot of the time as well... like how both of these use the same word when they are very different things...

lw99jmozct86.jpeg
    ghonydeir203.png
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair... the Brits don’t make sense lot of the time as well... like how both of these use the same word when they are very different things...

lw99jmozct86.jpeg
    ghonydeir203.png

And what the hell is a shoppe?
    Hey, hey, hey. I'm the American who puts an i in aluminium. But can we stay focused on the topic here? DB is only going to learn if enough people complain!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If today you were going to spend $9.99 on 700 dil. You have the option to get this event offer instead giving you 300 Chron 250k credits and 200 honor(airlock Tyler) and two event packs. Of course much better deal with Lieutenant Tarah.

But only if you were going to get event pack with that dil. do you do this offer.
    edited February 2018
    Dralix, this is not a rant, this is common sense. They do things that are stupid business decisions on a regular basis. Back to my main point, it's like they don't want to make extra sales.

For example, the targeted offers. They could sell 4 times as many if they gave buyers a choice of all the offers. Heck, some people would buy all of them if given the chance.
    Maybe they’re just good Christians and believe that “the love of money is the root of all evil.”
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix, this is not a rant, this is common sense.

You're the one saying people should complain so DB changes their ways.
    They do things that are stupid business decisions on a regular basis. Back to my main point, it's like they don't want to make extra sales.

We all tend to inflate our individual importance. You think their strategy with the $25/$10 offers is stupid. If enough people think the same way, sales will be poor. If that happens, they'll change their strategy.

So back to my point, complaining is useless. They'll learn if sales are poor.
  • Hey, hey, hey. I'm the American who puts an i in aluminium. But can we stay focused on the topic here? DB is only going to learn if enough people complain!

Only if you promise to pronounce it properly... "al-oo-min-ee-um". Either Estuary or Received Pronunciation will be accepted.
    Hey, hey, hey. I'm the American who puts an i in aluminium. But can we stay focused on the topic here? DB is only going to learn if enough people complain!

Only if you promise to pronounce it properly... "al-oo-min-ee-um". Either Estuary or Received Pronunciation will be accepted.

Absolutely... once you explain to me how in the world you got the pronunciation for Leicester and Berekley...
    edited February 2018
    Worcestershire! And yes, of course I pronounce it alumin-iyyyum, I'm a physicist. 😬
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

True story: it used to be spelled aluminum, and became really popular on the US, but wasn’t really known in other countries. Then the governing body changed the name by adding the i, to make it consistent with other elements, but the original pronounciation always stuck in the US.
    edited February 2018
    Worcestershire! And yes, of course I pronounce it alumin-iyyyum, I'm a physicist. 😬

See... much more fun than complaining about not spending money... now explain:

University of California, Berkeley
    vs. Berkeley Square, London

and

University of Notre Dame (fighting Irish)
    vs. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

and

That’s just dialect. In Chicago, it’s apartment. In Boston, it apahtment.

edited February 2018

and

That’s just dialect. In Chicago, it’s apartment. In Boston, it apahtment.
    Woah... I get that those football (the bash em up American one that doesn’t involve either a foot or a ball) deflating cheats (yes LII is on right now) like to “pahk da kah at da gahdehns”... but Berkeley is well beyond an accent... (in this case, Americans make more sense)... I only know because a London cab driver didn’t know where I wanted to go (Berkeley Square)
    I gotta admit, it kills me a little when I hear people say "Noterr Dayme." And yes, I realize that's what the school is called. And they're the Fighting Irish, not the French. But it just seems wrong.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Let's not mention Patty's Day

In Ireland mentioning Patty's Day is a capital crime the punishment is death by alcohol poisioning.

Don't worry because I said it. I'm not sure if it's omnipotence or tolerance but I should be good.
    edited February 2018
    I gotta admit, it kills me a little when I hear people say "Noterr Dayme." And yes, I realize that's what the school is called. And they're the Fighting Irish, not the French. But it just seems wrong.

The good news is that Tom Brady doesn’t get another Super Bowl Ring... I mean, everyone else is happy with resprenting a city or at most a state... but New England? That’s a pretty broad geographical region covering at least six states.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news is that Tom Brady doesn’t get another Super Bowl Ring... I mean, everyone else is happy with resprenting a city or at most a state... but New England? That’s a pretty broad geographical region covering at least six states.
    Yes, but they are very small.
  • SpyOneSpyOne ✭✭
    edited February 2018

and

The first two: both are named for people and (presumably) pronounced the way those people pronounced their names. Factors at work explaining those differences include that several centuries back the pronunciation of Engligh vowels changed and that in the 19th century immigrants to America often either changed the pronunciation of their name to how it was spelled or changed the spelling to how it was pronounced.

And the second reflects how the Americans inherited from the English the tendency to reject French pronunciation, except for things that are in actual France.