Home The Bridge

What Equipment Do You Hate Building The Most?

Comments

• anything that needs 0* holo programs or medical experiments
  • Right now:
    Age of Sail Rikers 5* Self-Sealing Stem Bolt:
    Consists of:
    16x 1* Self-Sealing Stem Bolt
    32* 1* Casing
    16* 2* Casing
    8* 3* Casing
    4* 4* Casing

Considering the best farming spots this means:
    16* 14.9 Chron = 193,7
    32*3.1 Chron =99,2
    16* 15.5 Chron = 248
    8* 25.3 Chron = 202,4
    4* 80.8 Chron = 323,2
    Total: 1066,5.

But I´ve spent far more because I had bad luck farming those 3* Casings (about 12-14 Runs for 4 of those). Yeah.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gowrons Bloodwine recipes were pretty tough, as are Medical uniforms that require a large amount of science experiments,

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunnagh wrote: »
    Right now:
    Consists of:
    32* 1* Casing
    16* 2* Casing
    8* 3* Casing
    4* 4* Casing

16* 14.9 Chron = 193,7
    32*3.1 Chron =99,2
    16* 15.5 Chron = 248
    8* 25.3 Chron = 202,4
    4* 80.8 Chron = 323,2

But I´ve spent far more because I had bad luck farming those 3* Casings (about 12-14 Runs for 4 of those). Yeah.

1* Self-Sealing Stem Bolts are almost as bad as 1* Micro-Connectors...
  • dunnagh wrote: »
    Right now:
    Consists of:
    32* 1* Casing
    16* 2* Casing
    8* 3* Casing
    4* 4* Casing

16* 14.9 Chron = 193,7
    32*3.1 Chron =99,2
    16* 15.5 Chron = 248
    8* 25.3 Chron = 202,4
    4* 80.8 Chron = 323,2

1* Self-Sealing Stem Bolts are almost as bad as 1* Micro-Connectors...

Self-sealing stem bolts are definitely another one of the major dreaded equipment. I HATE those almost as much as super rare Encoded Communiques.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Self-sealing stem bolts are definitely another one of the major dreaded equipment. I HATE those almost as much as super rare Encoded Communiques.

Are they the ones where you need something like 8 lesser ones which can only be got from factions? If so they get automatically replicated!

• Hunter247 wrote: »

Are they the ones where you need something like 8 lesser ones which can only be got from factions? If so they get automatically replicated!
    They’re just expensive and time consuming. Here’s a picture; provided I can get this to work.

achildqw1lsh.jpeg

Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Anything that needs 0* Romulan Encryption Algorithms or Rules of Acquisition.
    Also, currently, I'm hurting bad for 0* Medical Experiments, though I expect that will ease once I finish off Cornwell.
  • Anything with 0* science experiments.

Anything with 0* holoprograms
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Gold equipment that only provides worthlessly low proficiency increases, or is just for ship stats. I can't stand that kind of equipment.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • I'm getting tired of anything that requires uncommon databases, like rare authorization codes.

I think I have five crew right now that need obscene quantities of uncommon databases.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, honestly I can hate all of it.
    There are some days lately where I just spent building a lot for one character.
    Then I get done for that character and I still have a ton of chrons left over.
    I open up another character on my list to build for.
    Click a recipe, look at the components (even if they're simple) and just go "no, I need a break".
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Sometimes, honestly I can hate all of it.
    Click a recipe, look at the components (even if they're simple) and just go "no, I need a break".

We all need breaks occasionally. I’m a total Trek fanatic and love this game and its many flaws and sometimes even the greed of DB, but I definitely sometimes need a break from obsessing over equipment to build and voyages to run and shuttles to send out and characters to level for this event or that one. I’m probably, probably, not the only one that sometimes gets so involved in it all that I take things a little too seriously and get angry at a failed shuttle or irritated to the point of shouting at my device when I fail to collect the components I was going for in a warp of missions or just end up getting a lousy dilemma during a voyage or fail a gauntlet roll (especially when I have the superior numbers and 45% and they have 5%). I try to just walk away from the game for a while and get back to real life stuff when I end up in moods like that though.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Oh gawd, this is me so much lately.

To compensate, I've been replicating like a madman. It doesn't help that we've now got 2 extra replicator uses per day, so I feel like if I don't use them all, I'm losing out. Doing that has absolutely killed my credit stash, of course. But nearly every single crew I've got who needs leveling is stuck at either very chron-costly items or faction-only items... and a lot of times when I look at another one of those, I just... I can't do it. Blerg.

SK17mmP.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

To compensate, I've been replicating like a madman. It doesn't help that we've now got 2 extra replicator uses per day, so I feel like if I don't use them all, I'm losing out. Doing that has absolutely killed my credit stash, of course. But nearly every single crew I've got who needs leveling is stuck at either very chron-costly items or faction-only items... and a lot of times when I look at another one of those, I just... I can't do it. Blerg.

SK17mmP.gif

I wish I had the credits to replicate my full amount daily. But I am near facing a credit crunch. I don't have the real world funds to keep purchasing dilithium after my Lorian blunder (I am still glad I got him though). But that makes it where I can't purchase multiple Saturday tickets for the credits. :(
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

SK17mmP.gif

I wish I had the credits to replicate my full amount daily. But I am near facing a credit crunch. I don't have the real world funds to keep purchasing dilithium after my Lorian blunder (I am still glad I got him though). But that makes it where I can't purchase multiple Saturday tickets for the credits. :(

The other night before reset I found a common holoprogram in a build list and just replicated a bunch of them. Cheap and I never have enough. Same for common encoded communiques.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of anything that requires uncommon databases, like rare authorization codes.

I think I have five crew right now that need obscene quantities of uncommon databases.

If you haven’t already, make sure to always run pirate problems for rare casings. It’s a ship battle and while about 20-25% less efficient for casings, will throw off the 2 star databases. Between that mission and voyages I usually have them in stock.

I remember having problems with 2* databases before but since I started pounding Pirate Problems to get 3* casings I haven’t noticed any issues with them. Just like how farming Ishka Issues on Epic for 3* polyalloy will yield a nice return on 2* casings and 4* polyalloy.
  • Things that require 3* casings, databases, polyalloys... I hate spending 20+ chronotons on missions so I always wait to warp them, and then I end up with every character needing all these items. Ends up being a huge dump of resources.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of anything that requires uncommon databases, like rare authorization codes.

If you haven’t already, make sure to always run pirate problems for rare casings. It’s a ship battle and while about 20-25% less efficient for casings, will throw off the 2 star databases. Between that mission and voyages I usually have them in stock.

I’ll give it a try.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
    bkbroiler wrote: »
    Things that require 3* casings, databases, polyalloys... I hate spending 20+ chronotons on missions so I always wait to warp them, and then I end up with every character needing all these items. Ends up being a huge dump of resources.

THANK YOU!
    This is exactly what puts me off too. It's how my nice voyage chron trove goes from 300-400 to 0 in less than 5 minutes.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Flux couplers...how could I have forgotten how much I hate those?
    I love Flux Couplers. We need more 4*/5* items that cost only 14 chrons.

PS. Though they'll fix it sooner or later and I'll hate them too...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Flux couplers...how could I have forgotten how much I hate those?
    I love Flux Couplers. We need more 4*/5* items that cost only 14 chrons.

PS. Though they'll fix it sooner or later and I'll hate them too...

So, I guess you have a special version of the game that gives you 4* Flux Couplers (instead of Basic Flux Couplers) for 14 chrons per? ;)

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Has to be gold star clothing items for me - they may be fairly easy to build but by the end of it you swear that you have built the darn thing 10 times over and sometimes you've still got nowhere and burnt through your chrons.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has to be gold star clothing items for me - they may be fairly easy to build but by the end of it you swear that you have built the darn thing 10 times over and sometimes you've still got nowhere and burnt through your chrons.

Ah yes, that reminds me of Tuskegee Mayweather and his 400+ clothing patterns.
  • bkbroiler wrote: »
    Things that require 3* casings, databases, polyalloys... I hate spending 20+ chronotons on missions so I always wait to warp them, and then I end up with every character needing all these items. Ends up being a huge dump of resources.

THANK YOU!
    This is exactly what puts me off too. It's how my nice voyage chron trove goes from 300-400 to 0 in less than 5 minutes.

Klingon Janeway's 5* armor is a good example of this. Too scared to even attempt building that right now.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been spending a ridiculous amount of effort leveling Andorians. They require an ungodly number of emblems and enough ale to keep any drunk satisfied. They also have been monopolizing my shuttles for Federation missions.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been spending a ridiculous amount of effort leveling Andorians. They require an ungodly number of emblems and enough ale to keep any drunk satisfied. They also have been monopolizing my shuttles for Federation missions.

And yet, all that pales in comparison to the mega events which featured Klingons & Borg. Now those were nightmares to level, what with all the faction-only items.

And yet, all that pales in comparison to the mega events which featured Klingons & Borg. Now those were nightmares to level, what with all the faction-only items.

Amen. Imperial Guard emblems are a cakewalk compared to 0* gagh, 2* gagh, 0* warnog, 3* microconnectors, and the rest.

Ah yes, that reminds me of Tuskegee Mayweather and his 400+ clothing patterns.

I replicated most of his upper level stuff, especially the flight helmets.