Yes
20% 33 votes
No
48% 79 votes
Don't Care
31% 51 votes

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew is crew. Will he have good Stats for THREE Skills? That is the main thing to me.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew is crew. Will he have good Stats for THREE Skills? That is the main thing to me.

His starting 1/5 stats are...

SEC 73 +(22-46)
    DIP 57 +(17-34)
    SCI 31 +(8-18)
    UnkieB wrote: »

His starting 1/5 stats are...

SEC 73 +(22-46)
    DIP 57 +(17-34)
    SCI 31 +(8-18)

Thanx. I think most would agree with me that Three Skill Crew are a usefuller since they have three skills!!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Yes, I am happy enough. It was who I was expecting and it is a Vulcan event. At least the choice is logical.... which is not always the case. (just ask the new Burnham)
    Etienne wrote: »
    Yes, I am happy enough. It was who I was expecting and it is a Vulcan event. At least the choice is logical.... which is not always the case. (just ask the new Burnham)

501 might turn out to be a 3* Burnham for the lower Ranked Rewards.....

Scott

• I am assuming that this happened to be the #500 crew and that DB decided to celebrate it rather than having "planned" this out as a big event.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
    I am assuming that this happened to be the #500 crew and that DB decided to celebrate it rather than having "planned" this out as a big event.

U know what that does to U and Ming. And Ming is NOT happy about it......

Scott

• I'm not surprised. Just disappointed.

But hey, another week I'm not spending money so that's alright.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I voted no because DB's big reveal led me to believe that this would be something special and not because I don't like the character.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing the 1/5 and FF stats.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like James Frain. He's a cool actor. He was way cooler in Orphan Black than in DSC. Every time I look at the character I'll probably see Kung Fu Ferdinand instead.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Consider me disappointed. Will I turn down the chance for a free 5*? no. Would have been more epic to have been someone like Surak or Katra Archer though.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM] Videm wrote: »
    Consider me disappointed. Will I turn down the chance for a free 5*? no. Would have been more epic to have been someone like Surak or Katra Archer though.
    I suspect this sums it up for most of us.
    Still, you can't have someone epic for every arbitrary milestone in the game. 1000 better be an awesome Spock though. ;)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I am happy with Kung Fu Sarek.

You guys just like to complain :D
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a bit disappointing. If you set out to have hype then you have to deliver. Maybe DB didnt realize that it was going to be the 500th crew until it was too late to do something different. One of the problems is that DB has already introduced most of the good crew members people wanted. The other is that it had to fit the theme.
    Let’s fly!
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    With all this hype, it feels like I went on Oprah expecting to get a new car and ended up with an O Magazine 12-month free subscription.

that is hilarious, and so accurate, really this char?
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    With all this hype, it feels like I went on Oprah expecting to get a new car and ended up with an O Magazine 12-month free subscription.

rZoftS7.jpg

Omg almost spit out my drink on that one, rofl
  • The artwork is okay, but why such an insignificant character as #500?
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• I thought we were getting a free #500 along with the announcement? Booooo I want him nooooow
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thought we was gonna get Surak for the Honor Hall but other than that.. Yeah a bit disappointed but not entirely surprised. Well yeah, I'm surprised. I don't quite understand DB's marketing it's not how I'd do things.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I'm not thrilled by another 5* with SEC as primary, but I'm happy to have Martial Art Sarek.

Nth character with Desperate and Brutal thrown in rather randomly, also.

This game needs more Discovery.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • I was hoping for Captain Spock, but I'll take a new Sarek over yet another Janeway or Riker.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe DB didnt realize that it was going to be the 500th crew until it was too late to do something different.
    Exactly this. I like Sarek Fu, I'll be happy to have him if I get him, but you could throw a dart at any of the crew we've gotten lately and most of them would be just as 'special'.
  • It would be a little churlish of me to be too negative about a 5* I will be getting for free, but with all the hype I rather thought it might have been someone more iconic, rather than someone from Discovery (even if it is Sarek).
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    [KM] Videm wrote: »
    Consider me disappointed. Will I turn down the chance for a free 5*? no. Would have been more epic to have been someone like Surak or Katra Archer though.
    I suspect this sums it up for most of us.
    Still, you can't have someone epic for every arbitrary milestone in the game. 1000 better be an awesome Spock though. ;)

1000 will probably be Admiral Burnham.