Home The Bridge

500th Crew, Happy with the Selection?

13»

Comments

• Mbannar wrote: »
    As many have mentioned, I am also underwhelmed by their decision on #500. You would have thought it would have been a more highly iconic character encompassing the franchise somehow, not a variant in a different outfit. Just my 2¢

Now #600 should likely come around next year this time, when Disco is starting season2. I look forward to
    (Disco Universe) Ensign Spock or Young Captain Pike

Actually we wont see it till 2019

"Season one launched on September 24, 2017, but don't expect to see season two in September 2018.

Co-creator Alex Kurtzman has explained that season two won't land until 2019 at the earliest. "

Isn't that what @Commander Sinclair Said? Next year? 2019? lol
    As many have mentioned, I am also underwhelmed by their decision on #500. You would have thought it would have been a more highly iconic character encompassing the franchise somehow, not a variant in a different outfit. Just my 2¢

Now #600 should likely come around next year this time, when Disco is starting season2. I look forward to

"Season one launched on September 24, 2017, but don't expect to see season two in September 2018.

Co-creator Alex Kurtzman has explained that season two won't land until 2019 at the earliest. "

Figure alot of people were assuming it would be back in sept. 2018 like most shows

Rare to see a tv seirs, go two year without new eposides, more chance to lose viewers or get to watching something else

But honestly not suprised since they didnt put it on tv
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Mbannar wrote: »

Figure alot of people were assuming it would be back in sept. 2018 like most shows

Rare to see a tv seirs, go two year without new eposides, more chance to lose viewers or get to watching something else

But honestly not suprised since they didnt put it on tv

It was on TV for me.
  • The character is fine. The stats are fine. He’s fine as the 5-star rank reward in an event. But to make a big deal out of this character. Meh. Nice to have him for free though.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    With all this hype, it feels like I went on Oprah expecting to get a new car and ended up with an O Magazine 12-month free subscription.

rZoftS7.jpg

Omg almost spit out my drink on that one, rofl

Thanx. One of the ones I actually made, on IMGFLIP

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

They have hinted VERY strongly that although they will address the relationship between Spock and his previously unknown sister in Season Two, he will not necessarily appear.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with Kung Fu Sarek in general, but I'd rather the 500th crew was someone a little more iconic. TOS Sarek would have been good, Number One from The Cage would have been fun too, Kirk from City on the Edge of Forever would have been great.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    Wow alot of neg in here

Negativity is the one thing that will never be in short supply on the STT forums.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted another Lefler :'(
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No. I would have been happier if it were a REAL Sarek. I don't consider any STD characters to be "real" Star Trek. I'll still take him, but I certainly won't spend any money or effort trying to add more stars or level him up. Not like I did for Scotty who I immortalized in a couple days.

If they really wanted a Sarek as #500, it should have been TOS.
  • Nerfball6 wrote: »
    No. I would have been happier if it were a REAL Sarek. I don't consider any STD characters to be "real" Star Trek. I'll still take him, but I certainly won't spend any money or effort trying to add more stars or level him up. Not like I did for Scotty who I immortalized in a couple days.

If they really wanted a Sarek as #500, it should have been TOS.

Mine just went "whoosh" into the icy cold of space.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of feel towards Sarek the way I feel towards a friend who hypes up taking me to a really nice restaurant to celebrate and then we pull into the Applebee's parking lot. It's fine. It's whatever. It's a nice gesture still but it isn't quite what it was made out to be.

What have you got against Applebee’s? 😇😇😇z3j4qsr9ydcy.png

edited February 2018
    I kind of feel towards Sarek the way I feel towards a friend who hypes up taking me to a really nice restaurant to celebrate and then we pull into the Applebee's parking lot. It's fine. It's whatever. It's a nice gesture still but it isn't quite what it was made out to be.

What's funny is that I just went to an Applebee's this past weekend. It had been a long time since I had been there and thought I'd give it a try after seeing some recent commercials on TV. Long, long wait to have my order taken. long, long wait for the food. Small portions for the price. I won't be going back any time soon. But that's what happens when customers are dissapointed.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

It took only about 2 years to get to 500. What makes you think they are going to slow down character releases so that 600 takes til next year?

I'm betting we will see 600 before the end of 2018.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Nerfball6 wrote: »

What's funny is that I just went to an Applebee's this past weekend. It had been a long time since I had been there and thought I'd give it a try after seeing some recent commercials on TV. Long, long wait to have my order taken. long, long wait for the food. Small portions for the price. I won't be going back any time soon. But that's what happens when customers are dissapointed.

Wait a second... did you take SilverRose to Applebee’s... 😜😜😜

Free Valentines Day advice for the forum... Applebee’s is probably not the right venue for tonight’s festivities... even if you gotta scrimp on buying STT “best value” packs for a few weeks, go to some place with a pretentious French or Italian name that nobody can pronounce properly and where they don’t give you the option of tap water... 💑

PS: Outback Steakhouse isn’t Australian so it doesn’t count as foreign either...
  • No. I was when it was announced it would be Sarek, as I was expecting another Sarek. Instead we got another Discovery-Sarek.
  • If it were a new honor hall crew I might be more jazzed (musician Riker) about it. But a free 5* is always nice.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Why does ambassador Sarek have less diplomacy than the young version of Sarek? hoshewc637k6.gif
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Why does ambassador Sarek have less diplomacy than the young version of Sarek? hoshewc637k6.gif

Didn't he develop Bendii Syndrome by then though? Hard to be diplomatic when you're screaming.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

Didn't he develop Bendii Syndrome by then though? Hard to be diplomatic when you're screaming.

What did Sarek get for his 201st birthday?

Bendii syndrome
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    It just feels wrong to me that Sarek of all of them, the incarnation of diplomacy and reason, suddenly has a "Brutal" trait and huge SEC base and roll (guessing from the Level 1 numbers). However, since I need a high SEC base character (still don't have anything better than a 3/5 Proto Worf) for shuttles, I might go for 5/5 on him, but only if we get the 1/5 for free as promised. ^^

Well he was prepared to destroy Qu'onos I think Brutal is a fitting trait. It took Burnham another way to find peace without genocide

I don't consider that to be brutal so much as logical
    edited February 2018
    The more I think about this, and the more I see the character in my crew quarters, the more dissapointed I become. Especially when I think about how many other 5* characters I would have been thrilled to have seen brought into the game.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

What did Sarek get for his 201st birthday?

Bendii syndrome

Isn't that the condition that yoga addicts suffer from?
  • 94aq3g1dvfh8.png

Im not that impressed with him
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    94aq3g1dvfh8.png

Then why get so many?
    Let’s fly!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    94aq3g1dvfh8.png

Then why get so many?

I sense sarcasm.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    94aq3g1dvfh8.png

Then why get so many?

I sense sarcasm.

More curiosity.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that we got clued in onto who it was from the silhouette aside, I would have expected Captain Spock as the celebrated 500th crew. That would have been a timeless move on DB's part. But this Sarek...

9txyeh8nawcd.gif

Consider me completely unphased to the excitement of the character, and disappointed to the decision.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.