Home The Bridge

Super-rares not in portal

Comments

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Well, anyone except exclusive crew like honor hall or gauntlet or voyage crew
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think gauntlet crew is there.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I'm thinking more about it, I probably got the Abe Lincoln from a themed pack. With 500 crew, they really need to tell us what's in the pulls we're buying. No excuse not to let us know portal availability and/or add crew on a regular schedule (2,3 or even 6 months behind).

I have Lincoln as well and I’m 99% sure it was from a themed 6 card pack several months ago.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Now that I'm thinking more about it, I probably got the Abe Lincoln from a themed pack. With 500 crew, they really need to tell us what's in the pulls we're buying. No excuse not to let us know portal availability and/or add crew on a regular schedule (2,3 or even 6 months behind).

I have Lincoln as well and I’m 99% sure it was from a themed 6 card pack several months ago.

Abe Lincoln is one of my oldest legendary crew (right up there with Queen Arachnia and Crell Moset) and I'm pretty certain he was from a themed pack.
  • would be happy with a few re-runs of the events, some of which was right at the start of playing this, so need the stars so they can go in the freezer, I know many people have probably got them maxed and frozen already but I don't really want a load of 1/5*'s just sitting there at level's 70+ forever more
  • Has Maquis Ro Laren been mentioned? I got her over a year ago as one of my first 10x Pulls, but I have never seen that card drop since! Not in Dabo ever either.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Been waiting for a few stars on her too
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Has Maquis Ro Laren been mentioned? I got her over a year ago as one of my first 10x Pulls, but I have never seen that card drop since! Not in Dabo ever either.
    Saw her in behold recently IIRC.

PS. Yep, wiki page when I looked her then is in my browser history.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sumbiesqurl, that's why I'm not going for the Geordi packs, because Doc Laforge will be surely in the next update, same with Meowscatdear Laforge. :)

Doctor La Forge should have been added with both of the updates, yet he wasn't. I don't expect him to ever get added. What bugs me most about it is that he is one of 5 crew that has Med+Eng, making him invaluable for those voyages (and Eng+Sec and Med+Sec, since he can be used in a Med slot and Eng slot, respectively). I pulled twice from the Geordi pack and got lucky with my 3rd star for Doctor and my 1st for Musketeer.
    Has Maquis Ro Laren been mentioned? I got her over a year ago as one of my first 10x Pulls, but I have never seen that card drop since! Not in Dabo ever either.

I'm pretty sure she is. I've had the same issue with Augment Riker. Sitting at 3 stars since his event and I can't get a single copy.
  • They could honestly script it so anything greater than 4 months old be added to the pool the first server update a month (or last).
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one on a voyage a while back.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    For the record, Doctor La Forge is one of the Pre-October 2017 event crew. He is by far the oldest event crew (along with Detective Data) to not be in the portal pool. "The Game's Afoot" ran in July 2016 and was rerun (with The Professor added, who is also not in the portal pool) in Nov 2016.

Detective Data is in the portal pool. I have a friend who just got him last night.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ikrit wrote: »
    For the record, Doctor La Forge is one of the Pre-October 2017 event crew. He is by far the oldest event crew (along with Detective Data) to not be in the portal pool. "The Game's Afoot" ran in July 2016 and was rerun (with The Professor added, who is also not in the portal pool) in Nov 2016.

Detective Data is in the portal pool. I have a friend who just got him last night.

I'm pretty sure the Professor is as well? I recall a fleetmate getting him.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • One of the only ways to know what is / isn't in the portal is when DB puts out an Elusive Treasures pack that guarantees "limited" crew. Shan clarified which ones they were considering to be limited here:
    Shan wrote: »
    Wall of text incoming.

Current "Limited Crew" for the current Elusive Treasure pack.

5 Star:
    Abraham Lincoln
    Borg Queen
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay
    Mirror Beverly Crusher
    Temporal Agent Daniels
    Mirror Data
    Romulan Data
    Leonardo da Vinci
    Honey Bare Jadzia
    Officer Burnham
    Dr. Hugh Culber
    Desert Philippa Georgiou
    Captain Lorca
    Harcourt Fenton Mudd
    Torchbearer Rejac
    Ripper
    Cadet Sylvia Tilly
    T'Kuvma
    Enabran Tain
    Ilia Probe
    Katrine
    Rura Penthe Kirk
    Kortar
    Musketeer La Forge
    Zhian’tara Odo
    Umpire Odo
    Defensive Phlox
    C.O.P. Founder Picard
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard
    Smitten Jean-Luc Picard
    Mariachi Q
    Convergence Day Quark
    Mirror Reed
    Satan's Robot
    Niners Sisko
    Dr. Soong
    Ambassador Soval
    The Keeper
    The Traveler
    Trelane
    Durango Troi
    Goddess of Empathy Troi
    Mirror Inquisitor Troi
    Nyota Uhura
    Lieutenant Wesley Crusher
    Rogue Kai Winn
    Trader Worf

4 Star
    C.O.P. Founder Archer
    Lieutenant Arex Na Eth
    Commander Barak
    Warship Chakotay
    Commander Chapel
    Friar Tuck Data
    Prospero Data
    Mirror Jadzia Dax
    Graduation Michael Burnham
    Tactical Michael Burnham
    Armed Philippa Georgiou
    Sarek
    First Officer Saru
    Reinforcements Stamets
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Torchbearer Voq
    Dominion Dukat
    The President of Earth
    Author Doctor
    Mirror Janeway
    Warship Janeway
    Kilana
    Buster Kincaid Kim
    Captain Kurn
    Doctor La Forge
    Mirror Geordi La Forge
    Lal
    Mirror Mayweather
    Katra McCoy
    Miral Torres
    Commander Nevesa
    Klingon O'Brien
    Prisoner O'Brien
    Trader Odo
    Tourist Quark
    Anbo-jyutsu Riker
    Ruk
    M-113 Creature
    Gabriel Bell
    T'Mir
    Mirror Vic Fontaine
    Cadet Wesley Crusher
    Colonel Worf <- this is actually an oversight. This crew is still exclusive to Voyages, will continue to be so and will not be available in the Time Portal.

This was as of January 11th, so any event characters we've had since then could be added to the list as they are not in circulation. As I noted when this post was made, the list of "limited" contains some pretty interesting characters (I italicized them above) that by all rights SHOULD have been included in a time portal update but for some reason were not.

Also worth noting... these characters can and have appeared in theme packs, dabo wheel, and Elusive Treasures packs. What they will not appear in is any pulls done from the regular time portal in the game until they are added into general circulation. That means that if you, like me, have had Prospero Data sitting around forever waiting on the chance to add more stars after his event, you will continue to be waiting around forever to add more stars since you have no chance outside of specific themed opportunities to do so.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Jazz Musician Odo
    Jazz Musician Riker

neither of them are in the pool

what does DB have against jazz?

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Correction for you - trader odo is not pack only, he was a rank reward in war interrupted. So should be pre-october.

Edit: as is prospero data and doctor la forge. Both were rank and/or threshold in events pre-october 2017.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @eXo | SilverRose
    That list was greatly appreciated. Answered my question about Warship Janeway and Chakotay.
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Jazz Musician Odo
    Jazz Musician Riker

I'm pretty sure Jazz Odo is in there; not sure how I could have him otherwise.

Also, I got a T'Mir from a random voyage drop, so she's in that pool at least. (Possibly I'm misremembering and actually got her in dabo...)
  • Jazz Musician Odo
    Jazz Musician Riker

Jazz Hands Odo is the pool, I got 5 of him that way and he’s come up in other beholds.
  • I have Jazz Odo so he must have come from the portal. Yes, I remember him as part of a difficult choice behold. I probably have a screenshot somewhere.

T'Mir though is a big surprise. She was not mentioned in the list of additions to the portal back in October, and none of those added then have been added to the voyages pool, at least I have not seen any evidence yet (ie screenshots) to prove it, and we've had 6 months for someone to post evidence of at least one.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have Jazz Odo so he must have come from the portal. Yes, I remember him as part of a difficult choice behold. I probably have a screenshot somewhere.

T'Mir though is a big surprise. She was not mentioned in the list of additions to the portal back in October, and none of those added then have been added to the voyages pool, at least I have not seen any evidence yet (ie screenshots) to prove it, and we've had 6 months for someone to post evidence of at least one.

Err, ..... maybe I got her 4th star in dabo then. I forgot that I won somebody there. Would make more sense.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have Jazz Odo so he must have come from the portal. Yes, I remember him as part of a difficult choice behold. I probably have a screenshot somewhere.

SilverRose reposted the Elusive Treasure list of crew. None are in portal.
    T’Mir is not in portal.
  • Thanks Silver Rose. I shall update my list where necessary, though at first glance it looks pretty similar. I may have got some of my information from that list
  • JMJM ✭✭
    Jazz Musician Odo
    Jazz Musician Riker

I also got Jazz Odo FF from normal drops. AND I just happened to go into the Federation rare equipment purchase area in shuttles a few days ago and Jazz Riker was available in there for 200 dil so I picked him up.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    wcmyhwxnwlcq.png

ixr72uoom4zy.png

iuyjr3lky4fe.png

• The fact that The President of Earth, Author Doctor, and Katra McCoy (med skills) and Prisoner O'Brien (one of the best engineers) were not added while others were at the same time is a curious thing, don't you think?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Belle'Anna, I completely agree with you. I wanna know if RNG even plays a factor when crew is added to the purrtal. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Belle'Anna, I completely agree with you. I wanna know if RNG even plays a factor when crew is added to the purrtal. ^^

Another similar scenario, Tailor Garak just dropped in my voyage coincidence???
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    edited February 2018
    Just looking at the list, has Rura Penthe Reed been added to the portal? I thought he wasn't

NVM I think he is.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor Garak has dropped for me ever since actually. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited February 2018
    I'm probably going to embarrass myself but this is the state of my super rares. Ok I am relatively new. But I think it shows where a problem lies 8/14 that are not in the portal are in the top 60 for voyage points I could add Chapel in as well who is ranked 64. Whereas ones that are in the portal 3/30 are in the top 60 and are therefore priorities for my voyage crew. Now I know what the easiest thing to do would be to space the ones that aren't so much a priority, or the low ranking ones, but they are super rare still and getting the chance to FF them will still take a lot of time.

jqe1cnkt35lb.png

Now the only way to upgrade my voyage crew further is obviously use citations, right, I mean I can't get them in the portal or voyages and some of the packs are no longer available. But hold up you can't use citations because you need them for Legendary citations. Given there is over 200 super rares now isn't it a small thing to make them either available via Portal or a Voyage drop (either or). The packs have now gone and we are not spending dilithium in exchange for honor per se. So is it really hard for DB to release them now just to improve the chances (not even a guarentee) and playability of the game?