Home The Bridge

Limiting Spending till the Enterprise E is added to STT.

edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I know ships dont really mean much but its a no brainer to add 1701 E. Who is with me?

Limiting Spending till the Enterprise E is added to STT. 127 votes

Im with ya!!
15%
CaptainUnderpantsCaptain TFProsserGrant77AHSOG2[SSR]TrollhammerenCrazy LeoRNGeverythingKant(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Ricard Daystrom K Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All DteaNivenFresInquisitor Troi-Riker[TFA] CaptainObviousGhostStalkerCapt. Pete OwenDonak [¥SA]Ari2619Uebermind 20 votes
There are more important game issues to resolve.
66%
uss_bonaventurePeachtree Rex[KM] UL1R53/SSR/ Captain S'log[KM]VidemThe FishSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[GoT] jess-gay[SSR] The Iron CowZombie Squirrel Mordack[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Captain Sisko [AA][TUFG] SiguardNad HalmiddleheadKaiteeJim RaynoreXo | Cadet Matt 85 votes
There are more important ships/crew to add
14%
For CardassiaIkritCaptain LosteXo | das411JhamelNeos472[QH] He-Who-MeowsSpaceWereDragon[SFW] Quick ClaudeNeemsTcalThe Great GornholioCommander Morak[FF] Vice Admiral NairneGib - Admiral MarinersDavey1983RogueAngylJassadaRyanf47 19 votes
Never knew three was an Enterprise E
2%
[10F] NewtonianQBalls[Retired] BeamMeUpScottie[KF] Captain Hook 3 votes

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more important ships/crew to add
    While the Enterprise-E is a lovely ship, I doubt they have the rights to add her, otherwise she'd already be in for a long time. So I'd say better focus on other just as important things for now. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • I'd love to have the E in my fleet. I am not, however, going to boycott spending on the game until they introduce her.
  • While the Enterprise-E is a lovely ship, I doubt they have the rights to add her, otherwise she'd already be in for a long time. So I'd say better focus on other just as important things for now. :)

There's no obvious reason why they wouldn't have the rights. They have, however, made a point that all the ships in Timelines have been drawn to scale with one another. That's why they won't make things like the Delta Flyer or runabouts, etc. If you think back to how much larger the E was than the Defiant in that one shot in First Contact, I think this is the likeliest reason we still haven't had ships like the E, the Scimitar, the Son'a Radiation Collector, etc. They'd fill the screen completely.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every new ship DB adds is in one of those worst chance packs or a deal to only give you enough for a lvl1 or low lvl ship that wouldn't help you. It would be great to have the Enterprise E added by how about DB adds it to an event as a reward. Top 250 get lvl10 Ent E, Top 500 get lvl 9, Top 1000 get lvl8, and so on.
    Let’s fly!
  • Im with ya!!
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    We should poll if polls are listened too or if they're even important since only a small percentage visit the forum and an even smaller percentage vote

How come i knew you were gonna come back with such a witty remark lol
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the Enterprise-E is a lovely ship, I doubt they have the rights to add her, otherwise she'd already be in for a long time. So I'd say better focus on other just as important things for now. :)

There's no obvious reason why they wouldn't have the rights. They have, however, made a point that all the ships in Timelines have been drawn to scale with one another. That's why they won't make things like the Delta Flyer or runabouts, etc. If you think back to how much larger the E was than the Defiant in that one shot in First Contact, I think this is the likeliest reason we still haven't had ships like the E, the Scimitar, the Son'a Radiation Collector, etc. They'd fill the screen completely.

Yet we have Borg ships. Aren’t those larger than the E?
  • There are more important game issues to resolve.

We already have a very large borg cube that dwarfed the defiant and Ent-E so I don't see that as a good reason not to add the Ent-E
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Im with ya!!
    [KM] Videm wrote: »

We already have a very large borg cube that dwarfed the defiant and Ent-E so I don't see that as a good reason not to add the Ent-E

Also, the Galaxy class ships are a lot bigger than the defiant according to this (bottom left corner)
    zoumejwu2ru7.jpg

• Im with ya!!
    They also needed to add Vor'cha class Klingon battlecruisers before the abominations passing as Klingon ships in Star Trek Discovery. (Sarcophagus/Ship-of-the-Dead)
    Ships are pretty irrelevant......you can do fine with the existing 5 star ship schematics which you get via daboo and portal pulls.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • While the Enterprise-E is a lovely ship, I doubt they have the rights to add her, otherwise she'd already be in for a long time. So I'd say better focus on other just as important things for now. :)

Yet we have Borg ships. Aren’t those larger than the E?

They very specifically named it a Borg Scout Ship to circumvent that issue. It's not a full Cube.
  • [KM] Videm wrote: »

It's not a full cube. It was specifically named a Borg Scout Ship to account for this. It was talked about at length on the old forum.
  • [KM] Videm wrote: »

Also, the Galaxy class ships are a lot bigger than the defiant according to this (bottom left corner)
    zoumejwu2ru7.jpg

Without zooming at all, here are the default sizes of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D and the U.S.S. Defiant:

95neohfwpvk5.jpg
    fyc85gj6tkzq.jpg
  • Never knew three was an Enterprise E
    Ships are pretty irrelevant......you can do fine with the existing 5 star ship schematics which you get via daboo and portal pulls.

I totally agree with you when you use them for arena and ship battles. The only reason to get any of the newer ships is solely for higher chances of getting the 150 antimatter bonus for voyages. Even then the 150 antimatter is only going to extend your voyage 7 minutes extra.

Ships overall in this game have a limited use and really not worth spending money on for the worst chance packs to get them. I am totally willing to wait for them to show up in the arena and spend 2 months acquiring.
    Retrofit/1701-A Would be my first choice over E, but that's a close second. We also need Vulcan ships, Xindi ships (especially Aquatics), Reliant, Prometheus, new Disco Klingon fighter ships...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • There are more important ships/crew to add
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Enterprise E.

But it's not at the top of my wishlist. Even if it were the idea of a spending boycott to try and pressure one specific crew or ship is not something I'd get behind.

Also: I'm still appreciative that 5* Damar got added to the game, DB. Thanks for that!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has rights to use the crew from First Contact movie, seems like they would then have the rights for the ship as well.
    Let’s fly!
    Dralix wrote: »
    Maybe the ship hasn't approved the artwork yet.

You actually believe artwork gets approved anymore? It's pretty randomly good/great/bad/awful.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

I've heard it can be picky. A bit of a diva...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

I've heard it can be picky. A bit of a diva...

Totally. Not at all like Voyager — he's such a likeable, happy fella.

w12Nr6D.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Im with ya!!
    Kaitee wrote: »
    There's got to be an in-universe kids series where it's Cars but with starships, right? Educational holoprograms like Flotter only Rev W Audry in space, where the Miranda and the BIrd of Prey are always getting into fights and insisting the other one started it until the Galaxy comes in and says "Now now, stop bickering" and we all learn an important message about diversity, there's an NX sitting on a rocking chair waving its stick at the kids and croaking "Back in my day...", the D'Kora is trying to run the school canteen like Milo Minderbinder, the Excelsior had self-esteem issues after her transwarp doesn't work and gets the 1701-B refit to boost the cup size of her secondary hull, and the Defiant is Shaft. Okay that's less of a kids show, that kind of got away from me at the end.

Sounds hilarious!! I can assume the enterprise E is the cool kid, sunglasses, leather jacket and jeans?
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the E is the new kid who tries to be cool by always bugging his mum to buy him the latest iPhone and then showing it off to everyone, like "Hey look, I got black hull aztecs!" and "Hey look, I got smoke trail nacelles!" and when there's the big fight against the rival gang and all the Mirandas and Excelsiors are standing around with black eyes and casts on their saucers from scuffling with Jem'Hadar gangers the E rocks up and is all "It's okay everyone, I took out the Son'a!" and there's this moment of complete silence and then the Defiant does the sideways punch Hulk-Thor style and knocks him out.
  • edited February 2018
    Im with ya!!
    Kaitee wrote: »
    I feel like the E is the new kid who tries to be cool by always bugging his mum to buy him the latest iPhone and then showing it off to everyone, like "Hey look, I got black hull aztecs!" and "Hey look, I got smoke trail nacelles!" and when there's the big fight against the rival gang and all the Mirandas and Excelsiors are standing around with black eyes and casts on their saucers from scuffling with Jem'Hadar gangers the E rocks up and is all "It's okay everyone, I took out the Son'a!" and there's this moment of complete silence and then the Defiant does the sideways punch Hulk-Thor style and knocks him out.

Ow...that really hurt my super cool deflecter dish.
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    Im with ya!!
    As much as I'd love a 1701-E or Refit/1701-A, I'd like them to redo the Galaxy Class mesh to bring it up to modern standards. As far as accuracy goes, it's HORRIBLE...
  • AHSOG2AHSOG2 ✭✭✭
    Im with ya!!
    As much as I'd love a 1701-E or Refit/1701-A, I'd like them to redo the Galaxy Class mesh to bring it up to modern standards. As far as accuracy goes, it's HORRIBLE...