Home The Bridge

Disruptor Con 2018!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings Captains!

We’re excited to announce that we are hosting Disruptor Con at PAX East in Boston again this year. We’d like to invite you to come to catch up with and meet new Captains, while mingling with key members of the Disruptor Beam team. Read on for more details...

Disruptor Con will be held at the Harpoon Brewery Beer Hall (about a 10 minute walk from the BCEC and PAX East) from 6pm to 8pm on Friday, April 6th. We’ll cover the drinks and have some gourmet pretzels for you to snack on with your friends. There will also be some fun Star Trek, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead giveaways and, for those interested, a brewery tour!

Admission is free for current Disruptor Beam players but space is very limited, so RSVP early! This is also a 21+ event - so bring your IDs.

To RSVP (which is required to attend), visit:
https://disruptorcon2018.eventbrite.com
PASSWORD: DisruptorCon2018

NOTE: When we hit our registration capacity, we will collect names for a waitlist. Please only RSVP if you plan to attend and are an active Disruptor Beam game player. If for some reason you register and then cannot attend, please kindly contact us so that we can release your ticket to someone on the waitlist.

Comments

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!
  • Captain Sisko [AA]Captain Sisko [AA] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Registration complete! See you there!
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    How 'bout one on the left coast one of these times? :*
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a Con Cam? :)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    How 'bout one on the left coast one of these times? :*

Or the Gulf coast? 😬
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • No pay no play
  • shame it's not in the UK
  • edited February 2018
    shame it's not in the UK

Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to paint orange and blue stripes down your sides to enter the cosplay contest!

(I jest, I wish I could go.)

(I would totally paint stripes down my sides if I did.)
  • Come to Canada. I'd love to complain in person. :)

Me too ! :D
    Go Canada !
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beer?? omg, if it was a Winery, I would go lol

Trista
  • Love to go , but Missouri to east coast is a long drive lol
  • Beer?? omg, if it was a Winery, I would go lol

Trista

I propose they organize it in France next year.
    European happy, nice trip for the americans, and plenty of Vineyards for Trista ...
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Princess Trista
    They have wine there.

I don't know that I would consider it good, since they are a brewery. The beer is good. The pretzels are also good.

Or you could fly up and hang out with your ol' pal Frank. That's gotta be better than wine.
  • Can we bring a +1?

My fiancee and I have been to two Disruptor Cons at Harpoon and have had a blast. She does not currently play any DB games though.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can specify in your Eventbrite ticket how many people you have in your party.
    Plus, she's a regular at this point. She took our picture last year!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was in Germany, I would actually come. America is a bit far for me. :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Indeed
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...if DisruptorCon is going to be a tour of Places To Get Schnockered, you should probably stop here in Wisconsin. We can also feed you cheese.

sknpo1b7acbp.jpeg
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have frequented both Kentucky and Wisconsin for business trips in the last few years. I fully approve of these locations as future DisruptorCon World Tour stops, and I will attend each to sample the intoxicants. For science.
  • I just registered! I can't wait.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...if DisruptorCon is going to be a tour of Places To Get Schnockered, you should probably stop here in Wisconsin. We can also feed you cheese.

sknpo1b7acbp.jpeg

As a former Wisconsinite, I can confirm the accuracy of that breakdown.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • While we're pitching additional stops for this Bring Disruptor Con to Where I Live tour, I'd like to note that here in Kentucky, we make bourbon. A whole lot of bourbon. A whole hell of a lot of bourbon. We make so much bourbon you can convince yourself there's been an entire mega-event of nothing but Archer variants. I mean, you probably are going to die if you drink that much bourbon, but we make it.

In in Lexington Ky. . where are you located Travis

Comment moderated. ˜Shan

Would have loved to see what the comment was! ha ha
  • Sixsmith wrote: »
    shame it's not in the UK

Indeed

Ok Teal'c ha ha
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverRose, Captain Sisko [AA] and FRANK walk into a bar....
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverRose, Captain Sisko [AA] and FRANK walk into a bar....
    They say "Ouch!"?
  • Or maybe DB does? :D
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!