Home The Bridge

11,000 Dil for two golds!?!?

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're confusing Torchbearer Voq with T'Kuvma. TV was a placement, not mega recurring.

You're confusing torchbearers. :p

Voq is 4*, Rejac is 5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy it if I got 1/5 Burney and 1/5 Culby ... ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I1xtobf9xwm0o.jpg
    I'm not complaining

That was 6500 dil. I believe?
    For 6500 dil. definitely worth it.
    Edit: actually better wording is “it is worth it to me”

Just realized this is most likely the 11000 dil Definitely not worth it to me.
    I stopped buying the double up offer because I am unwilling to spend 25 on a legendary. Except I do on megaevent crew which I was close to not doing this time.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I think you're confusing Torchbearer Voq with T'Kuvma. TV was a placement, not mega recurring.

You're confusing torchbearers. :p

Voq is 4*, Rejac is 5*

Lol. Either way I have a hideous 5* Klingon with a single cover sitting at level 1.
  • I mean, it's more dilithium than I will ever have, but for the whales I guess it's nice.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this and was tempted. I looked to top up my DIL to buy a top up and saw how much this would cost and thought "sod that"

If this was cheaper I would go for it but not st that price
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are people for whom the biggest problem with this is that they'll only get the DYC $24.99 offer on the first character that pops up.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's me. Yes, I did it and pulled so you, the dear reader, could live vicariously via a YouTube video.

First gold that dropped and triggered DYS? First Officer Chekov. Boo.
    To-Ni wrote: »
    Another problem is that the dilithium has a different price according to the part of the world where you live.in Europe it is more expensive than in South America

That's because of currency exchange rates.

Nope, in Argentina Dollar costs less than Euro and I believe that is a worldwide fact, so I see no reason why in Europe the costs should be higher
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Way too much money. To me the one the only one even close to being worth thousands of dil was the 6500 but all beholds,but even that was way overpriced. It is insulting that they are putting these types of monetary values on something that exists only on a company owned server. The 15k faction store single five star leads the way, this is a close second. $25 bucks worth of dil is even a stretch but at least it wouldn’t be such an obvious insult. Look get 2 single five stars and a few fours for over $100 yet we sell an additional star and all the equipment to get it to level 50 for a quarter of that. If it wasn’t so commonplace it would boggle the mind. What’s next spend $500 get a fully fused five?
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Way too much money. To me the one the only one even close to being worth thousands of dil was the 6500 but all beholds,but even that was way overpriced. It is insulting that they are putting these types of monetary values on something that exists only on a company owned server. The 15k faction store single five star leads the way, this is a close second. $25 bucks worth of dil is even a stretch but at least it wouldn’t be such an obvious insult. Look get 2 single five stars and a few fours for over $100 yet we sell an additional star and all the equipment to get it to level 50 for a quarter of that. If it wasn’t so commonplace it would boggle the mind. What’s next spend $500 get a fully fused five?

Naw, DB would give you 2 fully fused legendaries for that price. But you still have to level them. So they will throw in 4000 Chronitons.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, very true, what was I thinking?
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    If DB treated this pack like the Elusive Treasures special offer and give you two 10x packs for $50, I’d probably buy it. But $100 for a 10x pack is too much for my blood unless they guaranteed 10 legendary beholds.
  • I'd actually like to extend a special thank you to those willing to dish out the money to buy this pack and keep DB funded.

This would take me at least 3 months to collect enough dilithium for this pack with my spending habits, so it's definitely not for me.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez DB, puff puff pass.

Maybe if DB had a thoroughbred hooker deliver the cards with some top shelf booze, it might be worth it. Short of that... the world has gone mad. They've taken the gloves off and gone plaid with macro-transactions.

People are clearly buying it, so why not.

I agree though. That price is ludicrous.
  • That coulda just been a bot account posting a supposed buy pic, to try to entise people to buy it.
    Another problem is that the dilithium has a different price according to the part of the world where you live.in Europe it is more expensive than in South America

That is utter BS!!

When I see the prices in US Dollars and compare them to my own Euro based currency (DKK) I am paying aprox 30% more for all purchases. And 30% is WAY WAY above anything that could be accounted for by exchange rates.
  • Antasil wrote: »
    I'm seriously curious for the sales data from DB. Does this sell and how much? (also goes for many of the other deals). I have a passing interest in marketing, they must be doing something right ;-)

DB has never, never disclosed info about their sales, but they keep putting out extravagantly priced offers.

But the insistence on the pricing speaks volumes.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the faction centre charges 15K for 1 legendary it's better than anything else DB has provided, but to be honest I would still take my chances on the portal rewards, but that's me and where I am progress wise in the game I suppose.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I’ve said it before, but 50k plus players according to dB event ranks. 1pct paying = 500 costumers each month, just for 1 $100pack during the month means minimum, of $50,000.00 month. And then there are people like me that drop 400 a week. For crew packs and such. But either way, that’s just 1pct of the accounts db claims that play.
  • garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    If DB treated this pack like the Elusive Treasures special offer and give you two 10x packs for $50, I’d probably buy it. But $100 for a 10x pack is too much for my blood unless they guaranteed 10 legendary beholds.

Yeah this is exactly me, I think I *might* done it at that price, but realistically, I would I have noticed that it is the week before payday and decided that eating next week was more important. But a 6k buy twice pack might have got to go, because of the crew in it. (Rejac aside).
  • That coulda just been a bot account posting a supposed buy pic, to try to entise people to buy it.

Just like when I created the "Show me Musket La Forge Dropping" thread and then two posters I'm not familiar with post screen-shots...
  • I'm not getting a third job just so i can spend outrageous prices on disruptor beam stuff. I love this game but geez...11k dil is >$100
  • I assure you I could pass the Voight-Kampff test
    That coulda just been a bot account posting a supposed buy pic, to try to entise people to buy it.

SSR Noob
    Spoiler of spoils
  • Totally not worth it.

A legendaries pack is a nice idea though, especially if it gave the older ones away at a similar price to a regular 10x pull in order to FF those older, power-creeped-out, ones, but 11k for two of those? Nope.

I already have Ripper, so the only two I'd have an interest in would Culber and FO Burnham, and I could guess at which two I wouldn't get even if I felt that rich.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeton wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »

That is utter *chocolate cronut*!!

When I see the prices in US Dollars and compare them to my own Euro based currency (DKK) I am paying aprox 30% more for all purchases. And 30% is WAY WAY above anything that could be accounted for by exchange rates.

Perhaps prices in local currency not only reflect exchange rates but any local taxes that apply? The Internet, at least in the U.S., has been divided on how to charge sales taxes (if I’m in Wisconsin buying something on Amazon in Washington from a third party vendor based in Texas, which state’s taxes apply?) but that may not be the case for Europe.
  • Nemeton wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »

That is utter *chocolate cronut*!!

Perhaps prices in local currency not only reflect exchange rates but any local taxes that apply? The Internet, at least in the U.S., has been divided on how to charge sales taxes (if I’m in Wisconsin buying something on Amazon in Washington from a third party vendor based in Texas, which state’s taxes apply?) but that may not be the case for Europe.

Sales taxes like in he US are not a thing in the EU. There is VAT, but I seriously doubt that DB is paying VAT or Taxes km Denmark.

Usually I log into the game from Steam, because there I pay in Euros and that is cheaper.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also potential foreign exchange fees. Either way, this is all at the platform, not DB. That's why people outside the US routinely check each platform to find the best current price.
  • Antasil wrote: »
    I'm seriously curious for the sales data from DB. Does this sell and how much? (also goes for many of the other deals). I have a passing interest in marketing, they must be doing something right ;-)

DB has never, never disclosed info about their sales, but they keep putting out extravagantly priced offers.

But the insistence on the pricing speaks volumes.

That's the problem. These people don't even care that DB is basically screwing them out of money.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH