Home Engineering Room
Options

v4 GUI issues

Many of the windows are no longer full height.
Noticed this for:
-fleet window
-inventory (suriously annoying only having 2 lines of items visible, instead of the 5 i had before)
-shuttles

edit on below comments:
-android

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just noticed that. Don't like...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you using?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Android here, haven checked iOS yet.
  • Options
    It's all messed up on facebook too
  • Options
    Well since updating I now can't launch the game it just sits on the Disruptor Beam title card and never loads, forced stops and restarts all to no avail.
  • Options
    i'm sure these are the " • Improved widescreen support" changes.
  • Options
    Finally got it... took forever to load and Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick! The UI is a disaster.
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm told this is not a bug, but is WAI (working as intended), as part of the changes to better support a greater variety of resolutions.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    I'm told this is not a bug, but is WAI (working as intended), as part of the changes to better support a greater variety of resolutions.

HAHA, what? That's insane. It looks bad.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    My yellow circle indicator on the Galaxy Map icon is cut off on the right-hand side to the point that the number is almost flush with the right-hand side.

wu1jmoj7uovr.png

Is that working as intended as well?
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I think this is pretty common to have UI distortions when trying to use a single library of assets to work on all devices with varying resolutions/dpi. The solution here is two allow us to switch from having the old UI and the new UI. Give us the opportunity to find the best solution for our devices.
  • Options

If it's working as intended then DB has just buggered the game for Android. Do I get refund for a visually annoying and near unplayable game?
  • Options
    Has DB even tested this on different devices and platforms???
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Has DB even tested this on different devices and platforms???

Of course not.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    It looks like the character images in the left pane got smaller too.

Before:

v1wbbdukunw7.png

After (notice the feet in relation to the "upgrade" button):

dsuafsc4yaso.png
  • Options

If it makes the experience worse, is it really supporting existing platforms better?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options

Indeed! DB's motto is if it's not broken, break it.

That's my joke to counter your joke. Because you have to be joking.

Seriously. Have you looked at screens like the Inventory section, or others that have panels within panels? It's garbage and we have less visible area than before. This is not "WAI". There's far too much dead space now.
    [QH] Hassinator
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    So... that "Improved widescreen support." is for Steam users and wide HD monitors, yes?

If it is as Steam user and HD monitor user I must say it's definitely NOT for me. Not to a degree of unplayability, but I like my big buttons and not having to be closer than half meter to monitor trying to see anything, thank you...

And it did not increased amount of stuff I can see if geometric backgrounds not counted.
  • Options
    MonolithixMonolithix ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is not an improvement...
    a9q2awfi98go.jpeg

(Ninja edit: even to me this screen shot looks like it has been cropped. It’s not.)
  • Options
    My yellow circle indicator on the Galaxy Map icon is cut off on the right-hand side to the point that the number is almost flush with the right-hand side.

wu1jmoj7uovr.png

Is that working as intended as well?

Same here on iOS ipad.

rfd3xeuifmy8.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    The shuttle screen on iOS is all out of whack too. pvhzozkyzqbb.png
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    The shuttle screen on iOS is all out of whack too. pvhzozkyzqbb.png
    At least you don't have letters over portraits like we Steam users have... and it was update that supposedly was to help wide screens and fix s*** like that.
    5h3w3kq90dwp.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Totally missed the messed shuttle screen. Just to show DB Before/After. @Shan

Before:

6esgfiq3qv7c.jpeg

Now:

klp0gbiwyoqs.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    And then there’s this too. On an iPad. Half the space is wasted.

dxjsch2a77oe.png
  • Options
    If DB wants to cater to the Steam crowd... do a bloody pc game. This is a mobile game. Don't force a square peg into a round hole.

How how hell can a company get so much so wrong?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just wish they wouldn t brake things that have not been broken before, OR do a proper testing!
    But after 2 years of repeating promises to do better, i am just...... :|

Regarding Steam: I couldn t agree more, this is a mobile game.
    How many of the Timelines User play on steam regulary? My guess < 5% .
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShadilayShadilay
    edited February 2018
    If DB wants to cater to the Steam crowd... do a bloody pc game. This is a mobile game. Don't force a square peg into a round hole.

How how hell can a company get so much so wrong?

it actually looks worse on steam as well, Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • Options
    And then there’s this too. On an iPad. Half the space is wasted.

dxjsch2a77oe.png

Mine looks like that on Android too.

And the Fleet screen has a fair amount of wasted space at the top for no reason.

jqglydh8azbi.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Comment moderated. ˜Shan