Home Engineering Room
Options

v4 GUI issues

Comments

• Options
    Have DB responded to all this yet? other than to say its intentional?
  • Options
    I mean what is this all about?

QJDC73u.png

It's hard enough to go through the inventory since there is no rhyme or reason to the order things are placed. It's not alphabetized or sorted by rarity or anything else. Everything is just randomly placed in a list of hundreds of others and now we only get to see two rows at once?

The new shuttle interface is gross. Why is everything centered? It feels icky and the scale of various elements has changed from the previous version in way similar to the inventory screen. Things got smaller leaving tons of negative space everywhere.

Does anyone QA this stuff, or is it just shoved out the door at 5pm on the day the update was due?
  • Options
    I seem to be getting a lot of 1 person shuttle missions especially on the federation ones, not complaining, big fan of this!

Think the new look is Iphone X driven, which is rubbish as I play on PC
  • Options
    I suppose DB has a habit of fixing things which are not broken. Yes, this change was unnecessary and significantly worsen my experience.
  • Options
    I suppose DB has a habit of fixing things which are not broken. Yes, this change was unnecessary and significantly worsen my experience.

can't be that bad?
  • Options

can't be that bad?

But sadlu it is. Searching items was a tedious process before this change and now is even more irritating. Very bad change.
  • Options
    Fair enough, can't say I have noticed all that much difference, was a pain, still is
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I finally found one good feature for the 4.0 update: when unfreezing my weekend ladies, it doesn't scroll back to the top of the vault but let's you continue search from where you are.

...Well, it's good enough for me to bump up this thread... after some more or less colorful reviews and complains can we have an official update on the state of the art of the 4.0 version? will it be patched? will we have a rollback? will we have to buy glasses? will we have to come to terms that this is "WAI" and "WHY"?
  • Options
    Not even looking at the bugs or blemishes left behind just the new restructuring of the GUI makes the game look worse and everything is skewed. Great improvement for iPhone X users, a giant bag unwanted off center, giant blank spaces, and font that is so small I need a magnifying glass to read.

And the biggest problem with these type of forced out the door slop fixes are they always leave us bugs and QOL issues that linger until you decide to do something about it. Way to be, DB
  • Options
    Only usually play this on PC, was thinking about having it back on my phone again, but sounds like I will give it a miss, I have a bad eye, so kinda need to be able to read stuff
  • Options
    Yes you did miss it. And several others in Engineering.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3696/v4-gui-issues#latest
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I'm told this is not a bug, but is WAI (working as intended), as part of the changes to better support a greater variety of resolutions.

Do you understand you are literally saying "worse is better"? I don't understand why these changes are mandatory for every screen? There should be a part of code determining screen resolution and best suited UI should be applied, problem solved.
  • Options
    I'm told this is not a bug, but is WAI (working as intended), as part of the changes to better support a greater variety of resolutions.

Do you understand you are literally saying "worse is better"? I don't understand why these changes are mandatory for every screen? There should be a part of code determining screen resolution and best suited UI should be applied, problem solved.

Of course there is. It's been around in the Android SDK ever since 3.0 when they released the tablet-specific code.

https://developer.android.com/training/multiscreen/screensizes.html

And apple has similar guides for iOS

https://developer.apple.com/design/adaptivity/
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think this is intentional but it’s pretty horrible. When you build an item and then confirm to equip it, the screen remains in its shadowed format showing you the equipment you’ve built while the bonuses are applied, so you can’t see what bonuses are being applied WHILE they’re adding to the character. You might can catch some of it if you punch the button that goes back to the regular view of the crew a couple of times really fast, but chances are you’ll still miss seeing those bonuses being applied. I know this is a minor thing, but I’ve always really enjoyed seeing the bonuses go on to the character. For reference, here’s what you see while the bonuses get applied from the equipment to the crew.

8pfll3n0cfm4.png

For those that would like to know, I’m using an iPad Pro and the latest iOS.

Not thrilled with these changes, either. And unless it's my imagination, it takes an extra click to back out of each specific equipment, where before i could fast click between all 4 easily to compare. Was easier to decide which item to work on.

This is not the known bug with the 'understood' button.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I think this is intentional but it’s pretty horrible. When you build an item and then confirm to equip it, the screen remains in its shadowed format showing you the equipment you’ve built while the bonuses are applied, so you can’t see what bonuses are being applied WHILE they’re adding to the character. You might can catch some of it if you punch the button that goes back to the regular view of the crew a couple of times really fast, but chances are you’ll still miss seeing those bonuses being applied. I know this is a minor thing, but I’ve always really enjoyed seeing the bonuses go on to the character. For reference, here’s what you see while the bonuses get applied from the equipment to the crew.

...image snipped...

Yea, the new equip is retarded. Let me outline what used to happen, just in case the powers that be have forgotten. You equip an item and the item panel goes away. No problem. Now, you equip an item and the item panel stays. Problem. Also, to complicate things further, it used to be that if you looked at a specific item (but didn't equip it) you could tap the space left of the item panel and the item panel would close without having to rap on the double arrow. Now, the only way that the item panel closes is if you tap the double arrow.
  • Options
    2vd72852cu0p.png

Stuck here. Tapping the X in the top right just opens the remaining time on my Kit dialog. The only way out was to exit the game and restart. Awesome.
  • Options
    Darxide wrote: »

...image snipped...

Yea, the new equip is retarded. Let me outline what used to happen, just in case the powers that be have forgotten. You equip an item and the item panel goes away. No problem. Now, you equip an item and the item panel stays. Problem. Also, to complicate things further, it used to be that if you looked at a specific item (but didn't equip it) you could tap the space left of the item panel and the item panel would close without having to rap on the double arrow. Now, the only way that the item panel closes is if you tap the double arrow.

These equipment changes alone are a potential killer for me. I do a lot of posting to the wiki every week, and this makes me not want to do any character leveling at all.
  • Options
    I'm seeing the same "contracted" bug on certain panes. Have a Galaxy S7 doing this as well as a Galaxy Tab 10.1.

If it's working as intended, then whoever intended this is a moron. Mobile devices do not have a lot of screen space and should not be arbitrarily adding bars without information for no good reason.
  • Options
    A GUI issue from the current event.

k02iqaqvw2kk.jpeg
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    A GUI issue from the current event.

k02iqaqvw2kk.jpeg

It was also in the squadron rewards.
    owxo4r5cryco.png
  • Options
    @Black Pebble Auto-click seems to be back. GUI items are clicked or "activated" without a finger near those elements.

How do we screencap this as "proof"???
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    you mean the automatic purchase of an item in faction store while clicking on another item? that was never fixed for me, I kept experiencing it even with previous version.
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    @Black Pebble Auto-click seems to be back. GUI items are clicked or "activated" without a finger near those elements.

Where are you seeing this, and on what platforms?
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    you mean the automatic purchase of an item in faction store while clicking on another item? that was never fixed for me, I kept experiencing it even with previous version.

In this case, it was during the last event where items were clicked or "build" was activated. As well, sub-screens were entered and exited without clicking them.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how I lost 297 dilithiums. Exactly 297... this happened between a span of 3 hours with no notifications at all... and I'm afraid of talking to CS. They make me feel like we're all scammers.
  • Options

@Black Pebble Locations as mentioned above for this release version (that are noticed). Platform is Android.

On previous build, I also saw dabo wheel activating without me entering dabo screen, and spins auto-starting. Oh, and yes, my screen is clean and wiped down. :wink:

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case, it was during the last event where items were clicked or "build" was activated. As well, sub-screens were entered and exited without clicking them.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how I lost 297 dilithiums. Exactly 297... this happened between a span of 3 hours with no notifications at all... and I'm afraid of talking to CS. They make me feel like we're all scammers.

297 dil should be the amount needed to instantly complete a 3hr shuttle.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

@Black Pebble Locations as mentioned above for this release version (that are noticed). Platform is Android.

On previous build, I also saw dabo wheel activating without me entering dabo screen, and spins auto-starting. Oh, and yes, my screen is clean and wiped down. :wink:

Unfortunately, this is not an issue we've seen any reports of that I'm aware of. It's also not something we've been able to reproduce internally.

The best way to see if there is anything we can do to address is to submit a ticket (if you haven't done so) with as much detail as possible, and to also encourage others who are experiencing it to do the same.

I understand that's not the response you would like to see, but in order to diagnose the issue, we need to be able to reproduce the issue, and right now here doesn't seem to be enough to go on. Otherwise it's possible this is a circumstance that's specific to a set of circumstances unique to you.

As for your question on proof, if you are able to reproduce it, the best way to demonstrate it would be to record the video.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Unfortunately, this is not an issue we've seen any reports of that I'm aware of. It's also not something we've been able to reproduce internally.

The best way to see if there is anything we can do to address is to submit a ticket (if you haven't done so) with as much detail as possible, and to also encourage others who are experiencing it to do the same.

I understand that's not the response you would like to see, but in order to diagnose the issue, we need to be able to reproduce the issue, and right now here doesn't seem to be enough to go on. Otherwise it's possible this is a circumstance that's specific to a set of circumstances unique to you.

As for your question on proof, if you are able to reproduce it, the best way to demonstrate it would be to record the video.

I can say this is definitely happening all the time in faction store to me. And has been for months, it's not a new thing. I've sent several tickets about it, starting months ago.

As for recording video, recent updates have made it so the game restarts itself with other apps open, or trying to use other app functions from within timelines.

I play on android where this is happening. CS advice in numerous ticket replies is to be sure to have all other applications closed.

So how is this going to be possible?

Make sure only timelines is running but have a video record running to video the problem?

Close the video record app along with all other apps except timelines, leaving only timelines running. Now while making sure nothing but timelines is running, make video recording with video app that is closed & double check to be sure it's not running.

This is where i am getting lost. Should i double check i have every app open & running while playing timelines to be sure i have double checked all other apps are not running & are closed so that while playing i have only timelines open & running?

Should support be needed for anything further, cs says not to hesitate contacting support again with another ticket.

You have now entered my world that is the experience I've had with db support ...

~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    I am also in a confusion how to screenshot that the game freezes my device and throws me out to my homescreen while i am attempting to take a screenshot. Game then restarts.

I now do not have the screenshot cs is saying they need, that without they can't take any action on my ticket. Except to let me know they can't.

But they can't because i can't? Because i can't get a screenshot of a glitch that also glitches screenshots?
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »

8pfll3n0cfm4.png

Not thrilled with these changes, either. And unless it's my imagination, it takes an extra click to back out of each specific equipment, where before i could fast click between all 4 easily to compare. Was easier to decide which item to work on.

This is not the known bug with the 'understood' button.

This is actually related to the 'understood' button bug for craft & equip, and will be fixed in the next client update. I do not have an ETA on that yet.
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam