Home The Bridge
Options

New Offer Selling Citations

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I just received an offer selling 5 Super Rare citations plus 500 dilithium for $24.99. I'm guessing they are trying to snag people who want to FF the Voyage exclusive crew but don't want to use their honor.

3on9irbtnunc.png

Comments

• Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    I just got it too.

I feel like I'd rather just have the honor.

I feel the same way
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pondering doing something with Voyage only reward crew tho.....
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

That would be the only temptation for me. But it would have had to have been at least 9 SR citations for that price to interest me (enough to FF half the voyage crew)
  • Options
    Alternatively I would pay $50 for 3 copies of each of the voyage crew (18 total crew)
  • Options

That's truly what I think the offer is for - Max out your Clown, Thot Gor and whatnot.

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options

That's truly what I think the offer is for - Max out your Clown, Thot Gor and whatnot.

That's the only reason I can think of for the offer showing up now as opposed to the past before the voyage crew existed
  • Options
    I got the same offer but as I am in the UK it is in sterling. Guess what, in DB's financial world the exchange rate between £ and US$ is 1.04 as the sterling price is £23.99 compared with the dollar price of $24.99 !
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    GBP requires VAT. The VAT price gets added to the price shown to you. But someone in my fleet is reporting that Facebook does not seem to be including VAT.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It might also be a good time to mention that exchange rates change, and changing their prices in other currencies every time there’s a fluctuation in the value of the US dollar would be a nightmare, impossible to keep up with, and would also cause a lot of complaints.

Edit: For coherency.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...to make money would be the reason they created this game. Why does this seem to be a huge surprise every time they try to sell something?

I have a 3/4 COP Archer, 2/4 Gabriel Bell, and 2/4 Armed Philippa. I thought adding 5 stars to FF them (since they aren't in the portal), free up three crew slots, add 3 more immortals to my achievement count, and 1250 dilithium is a much better deal than say a $24.99 ship schematic deal. I'm kind of surprised more people aren't happy with it.

That's a low bar to compare it to... the schematics offers are usually unbelievably awful.

It's not a terrible offer if you think buying SRs is worthwhile (which I mostly don't). I would love to see an offer like this for legendaries.

Since voyages legendaries have become a lot more important, and in truth the focus has moved away from SRs (and I am guessing that that's why they are willing to sell SR citations at all).
  • Options
    IMO the price is too high for only 4* citations, but probably about right for a pair of 5*.

Lose the dil and offer some 4* citations for 9.99USD or 5* citations for 24.99USD.

10 bucks is palatable to finish off some of those super rare characters who aren't in the premium portal/voyage drop tables, or to FF those voyage characters.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Yes...to make money would be the reason they created this game. Why does this seem to be a huge surprise every time they try to sell something?

I have a 3/4 COP Archer, 2/4 Gabriel Bell, and 2/4 Armed Philippa. I thought adding 5 stars to FF them (since they aren't in the portal), free up three crew slots, add 3 more immortals to my achievement count, and 1250 dilithium is a much better deal than say a $24.99 ship schematic deal. I'm kind of surprised more people aren't happy with it.

That's a low bar to compare it to... the schematics offers are usually unbelievably awful.

It's not a terrible offer if you think buying SRs is worthwhile (which I mostly don't). I would love to see an offer like this for legendaries.

Since voyages legendaries have become a lot more important, and in truth the focus has moved away from SRs (and I am guessing that that's why they are willing to sell SR citations at all).

I do agree that my comparison to ship schematic deal is a low bar. However, I do also believe that the dilithium + citation deal does provide good value when comparing them to other offers.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting offer for sure, just a little beyond my means sadly. Would love to add stars to my fierce guinan and colonel worf but I have children to feed and a over budget extension to build/pay for!! Had it have been half that price, or for 100k honour I may have considered it...

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I just did a spot check of my crew.

I have 73 super rares in need of one or more star to fully fuse, most of which will probably never get a chance to max out through voyages or portal drops.

It is an interesting offer, but I'm not biting. It makes the already appalling value they offer for airlocking the hundreds of super-rares I've already paid for and thrown into space seem even more silly.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempted to finish my Warship Janeway that's been stuck at two stars forever. Don't know when I got her or if she is in the portal.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Pallidyne;c-51893he offer is for - Max out your Clown, Thot Gor and whatnot.

I never saw 'what not'!! omg

• Options
    torn really torn,
  • Options
    [quote="Pallidyne;c-51893he offer is for - Max out your Clown, Thot Gor and whatnot.

WHAT NOT is the most recent voyage-exclusive crew addition that can be obtained by successfully navigating all 11 parts of the Dilemma labeled “The Neverending Voyage”
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

What-Not is the new Eng-Sec character from Star Wreck --
    He's not in standard packs, but is in a two part dilemma that has to do with the proper disposal of the Game equipment found on scans :)
  • Options
    Why spend money to freeze crew? I'd rather use them on the large amount of 3/4 FE crew I have to immortalize and make them more useful.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    Antasil wrote: »
    There have been many requests to have the voyage only crew drop more than once, and they have been ignored. Now they offer us a way to fuse these chars with money. Might be just me, but it feels like a money grab to me.

The problem is not that they sell things to make money, but the fact that it is overpriced mostly. I don't mind spending money to support the game, as long as I get my money's worth! At the moment, I don't feel I do.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chubb wrote: »
    Antasil wrote: »
    There have been many requests to have the voyage only crew drop more than once, and they have been ignored. Now they offer us a way to fuse these chars with money. Might be just me, but it feels like a money grab to me.

The problem is not that they sell things to make money, but the fact that it is overpriced mostly. I don't mind spending money to support the game, as long as I get my money's worth! At the moment, I don't feel I do.

There is also the fact that they create the supply, the scarcity is constructed. They then set prices that are 'fair' in that context. I have no issue with a company making profits, but I am concerned about excessive profits as a result the of the exploitation of this paradigm?