Home The Bridge
Options

New Offer Selling Citations

Comments

• Options
    Tempted to finish my Warship Janeway that's been stuck at two stars forever. Don't know when I got her or if she is in the portal.

I hear you there, my Janeway has been at 2 stars forever

• Options
    I have so many 3/4* characters I could finally immortalize with this. The problem is I have a lot more stable recreational activities than this that I'd rather spend the $25 on, and I'd rather spend the $25 on FF'ing Cornwell when I get gain 5 4* citations in less than 2 months for free.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Chubb wrote: »
    Antasil wrote: »
    There have been many requests to have the voyage only crew drop more than once, and they have been ignored. Now they offer us a way to fuse these chars with money. Might be just me, but it feels like a money grab to me.

Yes...to make money would be the reason they created this game. Why does this seem to be a huge surprise every time they try to sell something?

The problem is not that they sell things to make money, but the fact that it is overpriced mostly. I don't mind spending money to support the game, as long as I get my money's worth! At the moment, I don't feel I do.

Lots of us feel this way. It’s laughably high pricing for marginally useful offers.
    4* aren’t hard to come with the amount of garbage they make us throwaway from premium pulls. 5*s are the useful cites...but I imagine that pack would be closer to $200
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airlocked "voyage only" crew, don't care about them......just something to get you spend money....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airlocked "voyage only" crew, don't care about them......just something to get you spend money....

Considering the effort it takes to immortalize them, their stats should definitely be on par with Mirror Phlox. As is, they aren't worth that effort.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    There have been many requests to have the voyage only crew drop more than once, and they have been ignored. Now they offer us a way to fuse these chars with money. Might be just me, but it feels like a money grab to me.

Yes...to make money would be the reason they created this game. Why does this seem to be a huge surprise every time they try to sell something?

I don't mind DB making money, as I have supplied hem with some myself.

I do mind them giving us no other chance to earn other copies of the promoted voyage only crew, and then offering overpriced citations. I don't consider all this a good relation between a product supplier and a consumer. It's more on par with a drug pusher and the addict (yes that makes me the addict ;-)

In short, this deal feels bad to me so I'm not taking it.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Chubb wrote: »

The problem is not that they sell things to make money, but the fact that it is overpriced mostly. I don't mind spending money to support the game, as long as I get my money's worth! At the moment, I don't feel I do.

There is also the fact that they create the supply, the scarcity is constructed. They then set prices that are 'fair' in that context. I have no issue with a company making profits, but I am concerned about excessive profits as a result the of the exploitation of this paradigm?

That's the entire business model. The characters are all bits. Selling copies is free. The price is all set based on artificiality imposed scarcity and attempts to maximize profits. Personally I think the $100, $50, $25, and $10 event offers are all too high. In the context of other offers, this one seems more reasonable. For some people that's probably enough to be worth it. If the business model bothers you, then I don't know how you play this game at all.

I'm a Star Trek fan, that explains most of my decisions in relation to this game. I am also a gamer and a collector and reasonably well off. I can have concerns about a business model without having to just dismiss it out of hand.
  • Options
    I actually like this. It's different and helpful. I look at it as $5 per citation and $5 for the dilthium crystals. I have something many 4 star crew that could use these. Hopefully we will see some 5* offers in the future.
  • Options
    Great offer, finally a „cheaper“ way to finish SR crew that is not in the time portal yet, like Kurn, or voayge exclusive like Colonel Worf. 90k honor for 25 bucks is a fair deal.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I did it. Comes with dil also. Very good offer IMHO.
  • Options
    Give me the offer again, after forced 4.0, when I can see the achievement bonuses/awards that come with the cryostasis vault.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Airlock voyage only crew save $25. Those foolish enough to buy this offer, wait and see how many of your crew you FF with citations, you end up airlocking when the portal is updated.

again only makes sense for voyage and recent event crew. If you buy, do not use citations until portal update.

But really is it worth it, your choice of 5 superrare crew for $25. With no chance at all of legendary. If you bite on this and pass up the $25 offer that has 15 x10 pulls and 1500 dil. you are a fool or you really need crew slots.
  • Options
    Really, I see this as indirectly paying $25 so you can toss 4 or 5 people into the freezer and never use them again.

That’s really the end game here
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I was debating buying this so I could instantly FF every "3/4 from the threshold" character in faction events for the next 5 times I want to. That way I could at least be confident that the character I just used a citation on won't drop from a voyage the moment I FF them. However, I decided that I do NOT have that kind of patience, and I'd probably FF all the 3/4s I have sitting around. Which would make my voyage drops even less useful.

So no.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me the offer again, after forced 4.0, when I can see the achievement bonuses/awards that come with the cryostasis vault.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see several different/new offers after the changes to the vault. I’m sure there will be offers help complete collections
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll admit I'm slightly tempted by this offer, but I'm sitting on over 300,000 Honor right now, so will probably pass.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Airlock voyage only crew save $25. Those foolish enough to buy this offer, wait and see how many of your crew you FF with citations, you end up airlocking when the portal is updated.

again only makes sense for voyage and recent event crew. If you buy, do nou use citations until portal update.

But really is it worth it, your choice of 5 superrare crew for $25. With no chance at all of legendary. If you bite on this and pass up the $25 offer that has 15 x10 pulls and 1500 dil. you are a fool or you really need crew slots.

Sure, just call everyone that bought the offer a fool. Wonder who is the real fool around here. :D

You won t believe it, but there are ppl that just wanna complete crew(collecters). Yes in a couple months, we may see the voyage exclusive or new crew in the portal. But so what?

Following your logic, you shouldn t buy any packs as well, cause you could end up with a behold of crew you already have. Ohh...and never use honor to buy citadations as well, cause theres a chance just after u „wasted“ a citadation on a crew, 2 days later you get it in a behold. And so on and so on...... ;)

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

Or maybe someone has all of the available super rare crew FF and all they need are the voyage exclusive crew stars. 15x10 pulls won’t help them unless they get a legendary

• Options
    for me it's the price if it was for 9.99 even 14.99 I'd buy it because I'm a completionest I want every crew ff/fe but that's how I play. as for spending money I'm vip 14 twice over so I don't have a problem spending I just think this is a bad deal
  • Options
    This was a good idea to me, especially for newer players; however, I would love to see a reasonable legendary citation version. Like maybe 3 legendary citations for 25 bucks. That would definitely help some of us. I didn’t take the super rare citation offer because I just don’t have enough unfused super rares in stock to warrant it. Like I said though, a REASONABLE legendary version would be awesome.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    If I didn’t have to provide for my family I would buy this offer. However, despite wanting to immortalize a load of 3/4* FE crew.... alas, I won’t pay $750 Taiwanese New Dollars for the privilege.

It’s too big a purchase
  • Options
    I was pleased to see this new and different type of offer. If it was for $10, and I had a google play card sitting around, i'd probably buy it. As it is, no, i'm already hoarding that much honor right now anyway.
  • Options
    I think this is a good offer for mid level players. It’s of little use to me.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer this offer weekly than anything else I'm offered lately
  • Options
    I bought this offer...used 3 on fierce guinan and plan on using 2 on colonel worf (i got his first star from elusive treasures last Christmas so after i get him for voyages ill only need 2 more stars to add...thats why this deal was a PERFECT fit for me!!!)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Or maybe someone has all of the available super rare crew FF and all they need are the voyage exclusive crew stars. 15x10 pulls won’t help them unless they get a legendary

And the odds of a legendary are one in 10x10 pulls. And at least you have a chance for one or more. But I will say this if you only pull one legendary I do not think it was worth it. Edit: ( I keep forgetting the dil. one legendary is worth it) the odds of not getting a legendary is 20.6%. you might be right Althea when you compare that with are shuttles during a faction event.

And I will repeat any one doing this citation deal and is passing up the 15x10 pulls and 1500 dil. is a fool. UNLESS THEY NEED CREW SLOTS. @Zombie Squirrel
    Edit: if you need crew slots the deal is worth it. But remember superrare crew are not the ideal crew for voyages. You want as many Legendary highly fused as you can get. So we are after legendaries any superrare we get that we need just means we can free up space for more 1F legendaries to level in hopes of future fusing.
  • Options

And the odds of a legendary are one in 10x10 pulls. And at least you have a chance for one or more. But I will say this if you only pull one legendary I do not think it was worth it.

And I will repeat any one doing this citation deal and is passing up the 15x10 pulls and 1500 dil. is a fool. UNLESS THEY NEED CREW SLOTS. @Zombie Squirrel

The thing is, once you get to the point where all your super rare beholds are options all ff...this deal becomes really good!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had it been 10 SR citations I might have been tempted I just don't think it's enough can only fully fuse a 1 /4 and make another 3/4 that's not great progress on the backlog of crew IMO, given the rate of new crew.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO