Home The Bridge
Options

New Offer Selling Citations

13»

Comments

• Options
    With 4 star crew, its a lot better just wait it out and have some people to pick when the behold offers you 2 out 3 immortalized crew
  • Options
    Count23Count23 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It's a joke offer. Clearly DB are trying to milk the whales and ignoring the average person again who may have just some pocket change to burn, just like charging 15,000 dil for a single 5* character in a faction store, it's ridiculous.

What this offer _should_ have been was just a 10SR citations for 10 bucks. Simple. No dil extra, nothing fancy else.

Why does it help DB rip people off? because it's the same price as the 10 premium portals for 10 bucks, BUT you are only giving people 10 items first off instead of 100.
    Secondly, yes they are basically "guaranteed beholds" for your characters, but you're again, only getting 10, not the potential for more that the 10x10 premium pulls give you and no chance for legendary beholds.
    Thirdly, you've already shown in the absurd honor hall prices that you gauge citations only slightly higher in value than a regular behold. So it's a win-win, they can charge the same as the other deal that everyone who is poor buys, and offer less. I don't see why they _don't_ do that.

And the player wins because they get something that's reasonably priced for a change that actually helps.

It's a win-win for both sides, DB get more money for offering less, and players get what they want.
  • Options
    Give me the offer again, after forced 4.0, when I can see the achievement bonuses/awards that come with the cryostasis vault.

This
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say that I think this is actually a decent offer, not an amazing value, but decent, Offer is comprised of 500 Dilithium ~5$, 90,000 Honor worth of citations for $20. In a prior thread, I thought a fair honor exchange rate was 50,000 honor out of a typical $9.99 10XPack offer. This offer seems to be the first time we have seen honor offered at anything near this price point. In other words, this is probably a better value then the 15 pack offer for $25. I took the offer partly because I had 4 (recent) super rares that were FF in events and were sitting at 3/4 stars and partly because I want them to see that this type of exchange rate ($ for honor) is valued. That said, I think we all agree that 100,000 honor would be a better offer providing more flexibility to us.
  • Options
    i would have absolutely bough this offer if it was $9.99. $24.99 is too steep and I'd rather take a chance on the 15 premium pack offer for the same amount. at least that way I have a decent chance at Legendary
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the other expensive offers, I think this one is aimed at the collectors that just have to get everything. I'm not quite there yet, lol!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    But really is it worth it, your choice of 5 superrare crew for $25. With no chance at all of legendary. If you bite on this and pass up the $25 offer that has 15 x10 pulls and 1500 dil. you are a fool or you really need crew slots.

Or maybe someone has all of the available super rare crew FF and all they need are the voyage exclusive crew stars. 15x10 pulls won’t help them unless they get a legendary

And the odds of a legendary are one in 10x10 pulls. And at least you have a chance for one or more. But I will say this if you only pull one legendary I do not think it was worth it.

And I will repeat any one doing this citation deal and is passing up the 15x10 pulls and 1500 dil. is a fool. UNLESS THEY NEED CREW SLOTS. @Zombie Squirrel

The thing is, once you get to the point where all your super rare beholds are options all ff...this deal becomes really good!

Yep. Actually my free Community pull had 3 SR Beholds, ALL FF. Now I have around 30 non-FF SRs right now. (And I only have half of the Voyage reward crew).

Hell I'd buy this deal more than once if it meant I didn't need to go the event pack route to FF an SR during Factions --- as I'd really like to use honor towards Legendaries. And a Legendary deal of this type would be welcome, but I am afraid it would be wallet vacuuming hardcore knowing DB.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    But really is it worth it, your choice of 5 superrare crew for $25. With no chance at all of legendary. If you bite on this and pass up the $25 offer that has 15 x10 pulls and 1500 dil. you are a fool or you really need crew slots.

Or maybe someone has all of the available super rare crew FF and all they need are the voyage exclusive crew stars. 15x10 pulls won’t help them unless they get a legendary

And the odds of a legendary are one in 10x10 pulls. And at least you have a chance for one or more. But I will say this if you only pull one legendary I do not think it was worth it.

And I will repeat any one doing this citation deal and is passing up the 15x10 pulls and 1500 dil. is a fool. UNLESS THEY NEED CREW SLOTS. @Zombie Squirrel

The thing is, once you get to the point where all your super rare beholds are options all ff...this deal becomes really good!

Yep. Actually my free Community pull had 3 SR Beholds, ALL FF. Now I have around 30 non-FF SRs right now. (And I only have half of the Voyage reward crew).

Hell I'd buy this deal more than once if it meant I didn't need to go the event pack route to FF an SR during Factions --- as I'd really like to use honor towards Legendaries. And a Legendary deal of this type would be welcome, but I am afraid it would be wallet vacuuming hardcore knowing DB.

I'm in the boat where there is not one single Super Rare in the premium portal that is not a direct airlock. The only Super Rares that need any stars at all are the ones that are not available in the premium portal. Even legendaries are starting to get risky since I've hit a few legendary beholds where all 3 crew offered were FF.

• Options
    I might have been interested if the offer had been for Legendary Citation. Obviously the numbers wouldn't have been the same, not 5 for 24.99, more likely 2 for 19.99.

Since so many of my 4* end up in the vault, paying more to get them there does not interest me.
  • Options
    I see a lot of bot accounts trying to convince us how great the offer is/was, But even with what I spend weekly, I wouldnt/didn't spend on that offer. Seemed like such a waist.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I see a lot of bot accounts trying to convince us how great the offer is/was, But even with what I spend weekly, I wouldnt/didn't spend on that offer. Seemed like such a waist.

Really? Someone who might like it MUST be a bot? Wow. Might have to turn in my Union Card with 3PO

Agreed...im not a bot, ive been using this game for almost 3 years now and almost all super rare beholds i get, all choices are immortalized. 15 10x pulls equates to less than 15,000 honor, 5 super rare honorable citations equates to WAY more than 15,000 honor. Plus the way i see it, if db makes a lot of profit on this deal, they may alter it to include legendary citations next time!!
  • Options
    This offer was clearly aimed at the new players but also to get people who have limited crew to buy for fuses. I expect another elusive treasures soon then sometime after that there will be a portal update.

If the offer was 2 5* citations for 20$ just vip dil I would have bought it. FF FE legends are becoming a must have to compete in events and excel in voyages.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice way for honor-savers who wanna FF their voyage-exclusive crew to get their citations in an easier way. There have been wurse offers, so why not?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    I really liked this offer, saved me a ton of honor, which unlike others I don't acquire all that much daily, so getting 4* citations takes a while, so I can save for the 5*'s as needed, i got to FF 3 characters, which I have not had drop in any pack, voyage, or 10xPull so I was well happy
  • Options
    I really liked this offer, saved me a ton of honor, which unlike others I don't acquire all that much daily, so getting 4* citations takes a while, so I can save for the 5*'s as needed, i got to FF 3 characters, which I have not had drop in any pack, voyage, or 10xPull so I was well happy

I feel pretty much the same. I hate the idea of wasting honor on a 4* citation. I ended up breaking down and buying to to FF Fierce Guinan since she is the only one that I could see as possible future event crew so she might be useful.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the last time they offered this
  • Options
    Wasn’t it $10 for 5 citations last time?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was $25, I do remember that. And I remember thinking, as I am now, offer me legendary citations. I will gladly buy those, but never these. I still have the one that was gifted. I wish I could exchange it for the honor value

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

This is the exact same offer and same price as last time.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

The reason I brought this link to the front, I was thinking the same thing.
    But I read my previous comment and it was $25.

Edit: This is the old thread.

New thread is max your crew

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5801/max-your-crew#latest
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I debated buying this offer, until I realized how often I already get the all-immortal beholds and end up disappointed. DB, please do something about that and then I'll buy this.