Home The Bridge
Options

Terrible Voyage Runs

Comments

• Options
    It's just so random, On Friday i got 3 4* characters fantastic. then Saturday and Sunday so far nothing better than 2 3* characters and lasting the same time around 7 hours.
  • Options
    Since the update, I have not gotten a single replicator ration. I run 4 hour missions, and I've been playing for less than 6 months. It's discouraging.
  • Options
    Rabellaka wrote: »
    Since the update, I have not gotten a single replicator ration. I run 4 hour missions, and I've been playing for less than 6 months. It's discouraging.

Don't get discouraged, they do turn up just not as often as they once did
  • Options
    180 chronotons on a 7 hour mission that ended this morning. I should have screen captured as a worst ever. Recalled with almost 200 AM rather than risk running out from forgetting.

At least I got 600 dilemma schematics out of it on a ship I maxed last summer. :/
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rabellaka wrote: »

Don't get discouraged, they do turn up just not as often as they once did

Do you have any evidence of this?

If anything, I have seen more 4* since the Voyages changes. There have been significantly fewer 1* drops, but that was part of the published changes and should come as no surprise.
  • Options
    Got my current voyage. No 4* rations but there are 3*.

bnr51561uxm3.jpg
  • Options
    Voyages were not nerfed they were nuked.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Hypebole.

Voyages are the best free source of:
    Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

Voyages are also second only to events for 4* characters.

There are also plenty of days I get more honor from voyages than my daily quests.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

There are also plenty of days I get more honor from voyages than my daily quests.

I agree, however I think like the Vorlons state, Understanding is a Three Edged Sword.

Voyages were nerfed, but it was not fairly disclosed to what level that they were. They are still a very good source for those very items. (though I've gone weeks without seeing a 1* so I'd couch that as being good source of 2-3* characters.)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

I agree, however I think like the Vorlons state, Understanding is a Three Edged Sword.

Voyages were nerfed, but it was not fairly disclosed to what level that they were. They are still a very good source for those very items. (though I've gone weeks without seeing a 1* so I'd couch that as being good source of 2-3* characters.)

Fair point on 1*s.

I agree that they could have been more transparent with the changes. However, they were changed weeks (months?) ago. There was lots of understandable anger then. However, at some point people need to let it go.
  • Options

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

When voyages were released it was not uncommon for a 6-8 hour voyage to return

>20 super rare replicator rations
    >5 super rare crew
    >500 chronotons
    >300 honor

Now the 6-8 voyages return

RNG sometimes rare replicator rations ~10 or 12
    Probably 1 if you are lucky super rare crew
    About 200 chronotons
    About 100 honor.

Im not really sure why you are calling me saying that is beyond nerfing a hyperbole. It's a DRASTIC reduction. While they are a decent free source of chronotons and less honor than I usually earn in daily challenges they are almost not worth my time to do and I tend to forget I have one even running because the excitement of "what will the voyage pick up" is simply not there.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

Fair point on 1*s.

I agree that they could have been more transparent with the changes. However, they were changed weeks (months?) ago. There was lots of understandable anger then. However, at some point people need to let it go.

As long as no-one sings that abominable song, I agree to some extent. Unless you are using it as an example on a list of bad communication from DB, or other player non-helpful nerfs.
  • Options
    8 hours, all green crew. Happened twice in a row. :(
  • Options

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

>5 super rare crew
    >500 chronotons
    >300 honor

About 200 chronotons
    About 100 honor.

Im not really sure why you are calling me saying that is beyond nerfing a hyperbole. It's a DRASTIC reduction. While they are a decent free source of chronotons and less honor than I usually earn in daily challenges they are almost not worth my time to do and I tend to forget I have one even running because the excitement of "what will the voyage pick up" is simply not there.

Yes, numbers look really bad when you cherry pick your "best" old runs and compare them to the "worst" current runs. I just walked home with ~450 chrons and ~550 total honor (including a 4* I didn't need) on a 6.5 hour voyage this morning.

This is common and not significantly above or below average. Your comments are hyperbole.
  • Options

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

>5 super rare crew
    >500 chronotons
    >300 honor

About 200 chronotons
    About 100 honor.

Yes, numbers look really bad when you cherry pick your "best" old runs and compare them to the "worst" current runs. I just walked home with ~450 chrons and ~550 total honor (including a 4* I didn't need) on a 6.5 hour voyage this morning.

This is common and not significantly above or below average. Your comments are hyperbole.

Gee, what happened when you woke up? You came from 6,5 h voyage with that? I think there is no use to tell you that you imagining a litlle. Cause of all pple in my flee ( that some are long time players ) NOONE had such a voyages. Thats 50 pple....

So or you have very vivid imagination or you are trying to relativize simple fact that - voyages lost purpose ( on whose behalf is yet to guess) . O when you have similar run please take a pic so we can all witness the miracle.

For new players, they get some basic 2* and 3* and thats it. Litlle chrons to move foward.
    For intermidiate - they need trainers and 4* and rations - for them are 1/3.
    For advanced players , they need replicator rations, honor and chrons.....nothing from above.

So you are unique here, and as I said, please post next your voyage so we can all witness the mirace. Pfffff!!!
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypebole.

Chronotons
    Replicator rations
    0-2* Components
    1-3* characters

>5 super rare crew
    >500 chronotons
    >300 honor

About 200 chronotons
    About 100 honor.

Gee, what happened when you woke up? You came from 6,5 h voyage with that? I think there is no use to tell you that you imagining a litlle. Cause of all pple in my flee ( that some are long time players ) NOONE had such a voyages. Thats 50 pple....

So or you have very vivid imagination or you are trying to relativize simple fact that - voyages lost purpose ( on whose behalf is yet to guess) . O when you have similar run please take a pic so we can all witness the miracle.

For new players, they get some basic 2* and 3* and thats it. Litlle chrons to move foward.
    For intermidiate - they need trainers and 4* and rations - for them are 1/3.
    For advanced players , they need replicator rations, honor and chrons.....nothing from above.

So you are unique here, and as I said, please post next your voyage so we can all witness the mirace. Pfffff!!!

My last three Voyages have been ~7 hours, each came back with 400-520 chrons and each had a super-rare. One had three rare crew, too - about ~700 honor total for that (as, sadly, all three super-rares from these three voyages were ones I'd recently FF/FE'd!).

It's unusual for me to get a streak of three super-rares in a row, although three or four across three days is pretty normal. Eight-hour voyages are still beyond my reach, too, unless I get Com/Sec AND 2650AM from the ship boost. But, yeah, 450 chrons and 550 honor from a 6.5-hour Voyage is nice, but not rare, and certainly not "unique" in my experience. Are you thinking of a 4.5-hour Voyage, perhaps? I've only picked up super-rare crew from the 4h-dilemma twice so far.

One thing I have noticed is that I'll have days (sometimes over a week!) of bad luck with no super-rares at all, and then a series of days with one or two super-rares a day. (My typical Voyage length is 6.5-7.5 hours.)
  • Options
    I've hit the 2 hour mark with 15 before.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    8 hours, all green crew. Happened twice in a row. :(

that's happened to me WAY more than twice. but then I get the once-in a-blue-moon-3-super-rares and I feel like Christmas came early! of course on the flip side, that probably means the next voyage will have 2 uncommons and a 3* component I already have 97 of...
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your voyage was exceptionally bad. It is not the average.

I usually find when you get a drop of the superrare rations there are usually more than 20.
    So what can happen, you think you are doing lousy on rations and then you get a drop and now are doing fine.

As mentioned though it does help if you can make it to six hours.
    Basically, if you failed every hazard after 4 hour mark you would need 2550 AM to get to 6 hrs. Though usually you are not failing all. I will usually divide by 25AM to figure how many minutes I have left.(The actual value is close to 21.2) I will figure the time and set alarm taking off a couple minutes. I check in when alarm goes off. I may set another alarm or just wait.
    If I have something to do and alarm has not gone off and I do not want to refill, I will go an recall voyage. If I am fine with reviving it with dil. I will turn off alarm and refill when I get the chance too.

Here is hoping your crew can make it to the 6hr mark.🍺
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    fi60w37tdxb4.png
    Voyage completed this morning.....not a bad haul of chronitons.
  • Options
    my worst voyage wass a 6h20min and only 3x2* crew, 90Honor and 0 replicator ration :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Are the lack of replicator rations really that bad, though? I'd rather have honor/crew/chrons. I have plenty of fodder to throw into the replicator. I would much sooner run out of credits than replicator fodder.
  • Options
    My current Voyage is just past the 6 hour mark and I have 179 chrons... this one is pretty bad. Half of those chrons came from Dilemmas after all...
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    10hrs, 0 Purple Crew, 350 Chronos.. Thanks for the Nerfbat @DB
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is pre-nerf I once went 10 Days without an SR in ~ 8 hour voyages.

Chrons on the other hand definitely were impacted, though DB did actually tell us that was the case.
  • Options
    Are the lack of replicator rations really that bad, though? I'd rather have honor/crew/chrons. I have plenty of fodder to throw into the replicator. I would much sooner run out of credits than replicator fodder.

How long do you play? I guess not long cause you will get everything in time. Good fleet where you ll recieve around 500 honor daily + 100 chronitrons, from pulls or events will you get good crew ( not that we are privilaged as players that play 2 years - diffrence can you see in their frozen crew as well in gaunlet ) , you will recieve enough trainers and you can get them in all metioned above. What can you NOT get? Replicator rations. What will you do when you can replicate 7 or 8 times daily? And can happen, eventually...nothing. Replicators 6x4* ( which not cover basic - 90 K item - you ll need 11 ) in cadet challange 1x weekly , in honor hall 750 honor - 5x4* so for one purple item you need 11 + credits so thats 1500 honor...and voyages..where, except some of you, 2 or 3, noone getting those rations any more.....so...regarding credits....you can do saturday challange and if you upgrade crew and get dill ( if you not buying it ) several time and you will have weekly credit needs covered ( with litlle planing ). And where you ll get rations? Nowhere...as rest of us except players that play 1+ year and had time to get rations till kingdoom come. See the problem?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why you need Replicator Rations from Voyages?

I don't even spend the ones I get from events and cadet missions. The massive surplus of trainers and starbase components the game gives me seems to fill ration needs nicely.
    Jim Steele wrote: »

That's bad. Now go post your best voyage.

My current voyage is 7h10m and has 390 chrons and 3 4* Crew. And that's with only 3 common dilemma's. Thanks DB!

Of course I did abandon a weak voyage last night that had no good crew but it still had 400+ chrons after 7.5hrs.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    captain Šrekcaptain Šrek ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Btw. check out this - Warrior Willo - and stats of his crew at voyage. And btw all you that are happy with chronitrons we shell see how much of more then 30 honor/30 chronitrons will open after you collect Thor Gor or Clown or Colonel WOrf.....

At the end you can all relativize that how much you want and will allways be someone that will pass better then others. But if you look a wider picture ( outside your inventory and occasional good voyages) you ll see that problem persist and the question is not will you but when you will stumble on it. Cheers!
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why you need Replicator Rations from Voyages?

I don't even spend the ones I get from events and cadet missions. The massive surplus of trainers and starbase components the game gives me seems to fill ration needs nicely.
    Jim Steele wrote: »

That's bad. Now go post your best voyage.

My current voyage is 7h10m and has 390 chrons and 3 4* Crew. And that's with only 3 common dilemma's. Thanks DB!

Of course I did abandon a weak voyage last night that had no good crew but it still had 400+ chrons after 7.5hrs.

JUST A REMINDER
    I've got a 4/5 Guinan. I've gotten her from rewards and streaks. Still the best two-roll gauntlet character although not so strong that I can ignore traits.

I also have a 2/5 Locutus.

I do the Gauntlet every day. Yes, its always annoying to get trainers but its still a decent source of chrons, packs, merits and credits. Oh and 5* Equipment. The Gauntlet just saved me 8 Basic Holoprograms yesterday.

Only 6303 fites left till I get my next Locutus! Did you know even if you lose a round it still counts towards the achievement? A fascinating strategy for dealing with walls.

PS Get Kahless before he leaves the Hall. He's pretty good too. Yes, you do have enough Honour to buy him. Stop wasting it on trainers and citations.

END OF REMINDER

And you play like what - from October 2017 - or then you enlist in forum. And you have such a crew...well if you do, we all know how the player can achieve that, right?