Home The Bridge

Most wanted character sound clip

What do the rest of you wish a character would say when chosen? Now there are a number of characters with no clip at all and I suppose that is difficulty in getting releases I would like one of the following.

Picard - 'shut up wesley'
Scotty - 'Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?'

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many...

Kirk lines from the Wrath of Khan... "I don't believe in the no-win scenario.", "Khaaaaan!!". "I'm laughing at the superior intellect" etc

Garak needs lines badly, he has so many great ones....

Bashir, Julian Bashir should have appropriate lines

The Borg Queen, Mariachi Q, O'Brien, The Doctor (perhaps one of his many "I'm a Doctor, not a...."), McCoy similarly. I'd even buy quotes of be happy to earn them through a game mode. I'd actually be more excited about that than stat bonuses.

Ilia Probe should say at least "My oath of celibacy is on record Captain" or mention the infestation of carbon based lifeforms on the Enterprise.

Quark should also have quotes. The Root Beer one especially.

Gillian Taylor, Professor Scott, Recovering Spock all should have Star Trek IV lines. Especially Professor Scott. "Computer!" and "Admiral, there be whales here!"

So, so, so many.... The game insists that the audio is awesome, but it is rare now to have crew released with interesting quotes.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of 'over' the sound clips, tbh. I have the sound turned way down on all my devices, so I don't have to listen to them.¹ However, for the sake of this thread — if I was still listening to them, I think that the more iconic lines shouldn't be used, because they'd burn out a lot faster. The best ones are really short: Picard's "Engage" a perfect example. The longer ones get annoying pretty quickly ("no bloody A, B, C..."). Also, for characters who have many variants and/or get used a lot, there need to be more than a few lines (and possibly not have them triggered every time they're used), so people don't hear them constantly.

¹ I would actually like an addition to the in-game sound settings, where you could adjust three elements of the sound separately: one for the music (what I call the "victory" theme which gets played over and over and over whenever you are successful at something + the underlying score when you're playing certain parts of the game); another for the sound effects (the bleeps and bloops when you hit buttons — which are actually the only sound that I don't mind hearing over and over, personally); and another for the character sound clips. Make a slider for each, so you could make any one of them louder or softer, or turn all of them or any one of them off completely if desired.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix a lot of the characters that DO have voice quotes. A lot of them only work for one version, for instance the *1 Spock seems to be the only Spock that talks and *2 Sisko seems to be the only Sisko with lines.
  • Quoted a few times in TOS...

"Are you out of your Vulcan mind?"
  • "You know how cheese affects you"
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a bricklayer.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    The Doctor (perhaps one of his many "I'm a Doctor, not a...."),

"I'm a doctor, not a doorstop" was the first line I thought of, from First Contact.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »

"I'm a doctor, not a doorstop" was the first line I thought of, from First Contact.

I'm a Doctor, not a ____ is one of the most iconic lines from Star Trek and they don't have it. Very strange.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »

Although I have the sound completely off, I might just turn it back on to hear “can I offer you an analgesic cream?” every time I use a 2* Enterprise-E EMH in a cadet mission. DB would of course have to release that character first...
  • Magisse wrote: »
    "Good tea. Nice house."

I opened this thread only to see if this quote was already listed. Great Worf line. Well done.
    --- --- ---
    PS. Lt Torres is not bothered by what people think of her. Just sayin.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emotion Chip Data: "I am...Fully Functional"
    Commander Troi: "There's no time to argue about time, we don't have the time!"
    If we got a pre-federation Gillian Taylor: "I've Got to save those whales!" or "I have perfect recall, I see words."
    Recovering Spock: "Are you sure it isn't time for another colorful metaphor?
    Captain Killy Tilly: "What the heck --? HELL what the Hell do you want?"
    Captain Sulu: "Oh, Myyyy!"
    Apollo: "You will herd goats and worship me."
    Chekov: "But Kepten, I can DO it!"

I could do this all night. :)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMH - please state the nature of the medical emergency!
  • EMH - please state the nature of the medical emergency!
    Did you not see the post one above you?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »
    EMH - please state the nature of the medical emergency!
    Did you not see the post one above you?

No, I just saw the topic and typed what sound clip I want.
  • Professor Scott: "Hello Computer"
    Wrathful Khan: "I was a prince, with power over millions"
    Admiral Kirk: "I'm laughing at the 'superior intellect"

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well first of all, variants need their own quotes (à la "I'm not a merry man").

Garak needs lines badly, because of all the amazing ones he has (including, but not limited to, the one in my signature)

I don't have Smitten Picard, but if he doesn't have voice lines then that's a shame.

This is probably not some well-loved line, but I also want Trip to say "There is nothing wrong with that engine" from the A.G. episode. For whatever reason I always liked that way he was introduced - an engineer just butting into the conversation to assert that his engine/baby is doing just fine thank-you-very-much.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • On a DS9 kick.
    Eddington "All right, Javert. I'll give you what you want---me!". Great line delivered so well.
    Dukat "Victory was in our grasp"
    Garak "Perhaps... they've decided they just didn't like me."
    Sisko, " I lied, I cheated, I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men."
    On a DS9 kick.
    Eddington "All right, Javert. I'll give you what you want---me!". Great line delivered so well.
    Dukat "Victory was in our grasp"
    Garak "Perhaps... they've decided they just didn't like me."
    Sisko, " I lied, I cheated, I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men."

We need as many Pale Moonlight quotes as possible.

Also I want Garak saying "Especially the lies", just realised I forgot to mention that one specifically.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Garak's one liner about the moral of the boy who cried Wolf should be in there also.
    NS111111 wrote: »
    Garak's one liner about the moral of the boy who cried Wolf should be in there also.

"Never tell the same lie twice"

Yeah, that's another good one. The one about the self-respect of "one Starfleet officer" is also good, but probably a bit long.

And the classic "maybe I'm an exile-spy" should be there too.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Human Q

" Truthfully, Jean-Luc, I've been entirely preoccupied by a most frightening experience of my own. A couple of hours ago, I realized that my body was no longer functioning properly. I felt weak. I could no longer stand. The life was oozing out of me. I lost consciousness."
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor Gorkon:
    "You've not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon."

Time-travelling Admiral Kirk:
    "Well, uh, *double dumbass on you*!"

• [GoT] Unsober Shimoda[GoT] Unsober Shimoda ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    "Double-Dumbass On You!"
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer