Home The Bridge

45K Honor For an All FF Legendary Behold!!!

Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
I wanted to throw up when I spent 45K Honor and got:
vjystcjct1cq.png

I have SO MANY not fully fused Legendaries, so naturally i get a Behold with all 3 already fully fused!

Edit: just went and counted... 53 not fully fused Legendsries! Gah!

Comments

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain :-(

You might try to contact support for a refund of your honor. Who knows.
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    I would also suggest you submit a ticket. This isn't strictly a bug, but it does seem extreme.
  • I wanted to throw up when I spent 45K Honor and got:
    vjystcjct1cq.png

I have SO MANY not fully fused Legendaries, so naturally i get a Behold with all 3 already fully fused!

How unlucky! I only have 4/5 FFFE Legendaries, it would be a disaster in my case! ANd the Legenday Behold is a really usefull option whenever you want to play your chances to obtain a new Legendary you don't have!
    The fourth option of spending extra 5k and obtain a citation is a good solution, so the 45k of honor are not lost, and if you do it without the necessary Honor, it would be good to have negative Honor just in that case!
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you fuse enough golds up, Eventually you reach a point where the you can only save for citations since the chance of all fully fused options is too high.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% off isnt worth the huge risk of frustration.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »

This is like blaming someone for not locking their front door. Yes, they took a risk, but they were still the victim of a theft. And this is absolutely the case here. Excess Legendaries are woefully under valued for tradein purposes. The honor system is a step in the right direction for sure, but the value on Super Rares and Legendaries is truly, truly awful.

If you go by other card collecting games where you can use multiple copies of a card, the value is usually 25% for a trade in. I mean this is what this it is meant to simulate, right? You've opened a booster and gotten a trade and if we had a marketplace we could trade these digital cards. Instead we are forced to trade with DB, and they just nakedly rip us off.

The stupid thing is is that it not only upsets their higher spending players but it causes us to be way more conservative with our purchases. Legendaries should be worth *at least* 10,000 honor. If they are worried about people just farming legendaries or getting rid of their Dancing Uhura's they could have it that you can only get that return if you've already FF'd the character.

Yes, and, until they change how beholds work (if they ever do) they are a huge risk. One you probably shpuldnt gamble 45k honor on.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just save another 5k honor and buy a citation?
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please update us and let us know how CS handles your ticket. I wish you luck and hope you don't become a cautionary tale for the rest of us.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would ask support if that could trade the one you picked, plus 5,000 honor, in for a citation. That should be an automatic offer. If all 3 from an honor behold are FF, it should offer you a 4th choice at an additional cost of 5,000 honor
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch bumer. I don't get beholds, far too risky. I suspect Cs will just tell you to do one but you can but ask
    DB: Do Better
  • [BL] Q wrote: »
    This is why a citation should be an option trade 45k honor for 550 honour is a bad gamble why not 45k honor and if
    all three choices Come up as FF it triggers a fourth choice a citation. The only way of triggering a citation is all three are immortalised that way your gambling 45k honor and can come away with a 50k citation you'd be elated instead of throwing your phone across the room

I think this is perfectly reasonable. if someone has invested that much in the game that they're getting all-FF legendary beholds, coming away with a triggered 50k citation is a fair "thanks for supporting the game" bonus.

It's not even necessarily a bonus, considering many players who get all-FF beholds probably are attempting to corner those last bunch of legendaries who have been eluding them altogether, which citations won't help them with.
  • [BL] Q wrote: »
    This is why a citation should be an option trade 45k honor for 550 honour is a bad gamble why not 45k honor and if
    all three choices Come up as FF it triggers a fourth choice a citation. The only way of triggering a citation is all three are immortalised that way your gambling 45k honor and can come away with a 50k citation you'd be elated instead of throwing your phone across the room

I think this is perfectly reasonable. if someone has invested that much in the game that they're getting all-FF legendary beholds, coming away with a triggered 50k citation is a fair "thanks for supporting the game" bonus.

It's not even necessarily a bonus, considering many players who get all-FF beholds probably are attempting to corner those last bunch of legendaries who have been eluding them altogether, which citations won't help them with.

Yeah and they cannot have a reshuffle option on a FF behold because if you only have 1 or 2 legendary crew left to get than you would be guaranteed to get them. Although perhaps a reshuffle for 5k or 10k honor may be an option. Then if you are looking for only a few legendarys you could save 200,000 honor or so. Spend 45k to open a behold and then keep shuffling through with the rest at 5k or 10k a pop. It would be a reasonable compromise.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to throw up when I spent 45K Honor and got:
    vjystcjct1cq.png

Out of curiosity, how many fully fused Legendaries do you have, @Captain Sushi? Just trying to get a sense of how great a statistical risk you actually took here.

There are presently 164 Legendary crew members in the game, though of course not all of them are in circulation via the time portal: Bartender Guinan, Kahless the Unforgettable, Locutus of Borg, and The Caretaker, for instance, brings that down to 160. The policy is supposed to be that after 90 days of being introduced in an event or a time-limited pack, that all crew go into circulation, but we know that's not implemented promptly across the board. We can only guess at how many aren't in the general pool, but anywhere from 15-20 seems a likely best guess. Say it's 15, which would put 145 Legendary crew in circulation that could have shown up in that Behold. (I suspect the actual number is smaller.)

You were looking for a star on any of 53 that you presently have, though we don't know from that count how many of them are among those yet to be added to the pool. For instance, are any of those 53 the aforementioned Guinan, Kahless, Locutus, or Caretaker? How many were newly added in the last three months?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Of those 53 how many are in the portal currently? I suspect you might only have a 1/3 a chance of getting something you need from any given pull. For a behold that works out to about a 70% chance of getting something you want. Decent odds but great either.

Personally, I'd rather straight buy a citation. There's always characters not in the portal that might need it or tuning up a bonus character for an event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    45k is too much for random. Should be 40k. I always just do the 50k citations so I get exactly what I want.
    Let’s fly!
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never done an honor behold. I figure for an extra 5k honor can put a star where I need it most, or where it would be the biggest benefit to me. They would have to lower the cost of a legendary behold a LOT before I would ever be tempted to go for it. But I don't make it a habit of collecting whatever legendarys I can get either. I usually wait for a character I want to pop up in an event and then fight like hell for it.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

This is like blaming someone for not locking their front door. Yes, they took a risk, but they were still the victim of a theft. And this is absolutely the case here. Excess Legendaries are woefully under valued for tradein purposes. The honor system is a step in the right direction for sure, but the value on Super Rares and Legendaries is truly, truly awful.

If you go by other card collecting games where you can use multiple copies of a card, the value is usually 25% for a trade in. I mean this is what this it is meant to simulate, right? You've opened a booster and gotten a trade and if we had a marketplace we could trade these digital cards. Instead we are forced to trade with DB, and they just nakedly rip us off.

The stupid thing is is that it not only upsets their higher spending players but it causes us to be way more conservative with our purchases. Legendaries should be worth *at least* 10,000 honor. If they are worried about people just farming legendaries or getting rid of their Dancing Uhura's they could have it that you can only get that return if you've already FF'd the character.

Um, this is not a theft.

You know up front, there are a limited number of legendary crew available in the portal. And you know how many of those you already have.

Do the math. It’s possible to get a FF behold if you have 3 FF legendaries who are in the portal pool. It *chocolate cronut*, but it’s not a theft.

The theft doesn't occur at the time of purchase, it occurs at the time of sale. When we want to take our 6th legendary card, we are given a really bad trade. It's exactly the same as the Mr. Suitcase character exploiting information assymetry to ripoff the kid who doesn't know the market value of a card. In the real world that type of trade is illegal or skirts illegality.

It's kind of crazy, DB have created a system where the value of getting additional stars is increasing and then it drop's to basically zero. More and more people are going to run into this issue as the game and playerbase matures. Personally, I find the current situation very annoying. I have no power in the situation, only the ability to walk away.

What I think many are guilty of (myself included) is that we think of this as a traditional rich persons problem. But we're beginning to see this more and more often for people of all stripes. The honor trade-in system wildly undervalues legendary cards considering that in the main they are a lot more expensive to obtain.

Maybe you've never had a 6th legendary. I certainly don't have them by choice, it's the way the game works, again something that DB could address and choose not to, so it is entirely appropriate to hold them to task for it.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, this is not a theft.

You know up front, there are a limited number of legendary crew available in the portal. And you know how many of those you already have.

Do the math. It’s possible to get a FF behold if you have 3 FF legendaries who are in the portal pool. It *chocolate cronut*, but it’s not a theft.

The theft doesn't occur at the time of purchase, it occurs at the time of sale. When we want to take our 6th legendary card, we are given a really bad trade. It's exactly the same as the Mr. Suitcase character exploiting information assymetry to ripoff the kid who doesn't know the market value of a card. In the real world that type of trade is illegal or skirts illegality.

It's kind of crazy, DB have created a system where the value of getting additional stars is increasing and then it drop's to basically zero. More and more people are going to run into this issue as the game and playerbase matures. Personally, I find the current situation very annoying. I have no power in the situation, only the ability to walk away.

What I think many are guilty of (myself included) is that we think of this as a traditional rich persons problem. But we're beginning to see this more and more often for people of all stripes. The honor trade-in system wildly undervalues legendary cards considering that in the main they are a lot more expensive to obtain.

Maybe you've never had a 6th legendary. I certainly don't have them by choice, it's the way the game works, again something that DB could address and choose not to, so it is entirely appropriate to hold them to task for it.

I’ve never had a 6th legendary.

Nevertheless, I keep track of who I have and who’s known to be in the portal. Mostly, I do this because I want to know what my chances are of getting a fuse rather than a new or a 5th Super Rare (which has happened to me).

I know who I want of the crew outside the portal, too.

I truly believe that we know what we’re getting into here, and that’s not a theft or illegal. You get what you were promised- a legendary behold. It’s certainly better than the old system where you got trainers.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, this is not a theft.

I'm playing another Star Trek CCG there's NO DUPLICATES I'm not going to advertise said game here but I will say once a duplicate card drops it's Instantly removed from your collection.

Now here's the best part not only is the duplicate removed it gives you a replicator ration (citation) of equal star value you can add them to FF cards as You Wish or to unlock other cards of the same star rarity say you get a 6th legendary card it's automatically turned into a legendary citation and you can unlock any legendary Trek character in the game with the token or add a star to another legendary. Zero buyers remorse, zero slow down in spending, devs win and players are happy
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Um, this is not a theft.

I'm playing another Star Trek CCG there's NO DUPLICATES I'm not going to advertise said game here but I will say once a duplicate card drops it's Instantly removed from your collection.

Now here's the best part not only is the duplicate removed it gives you a replicator ration (citation) of equal star value you can add them to FF cards as You Wish or to unlock other cards of the same star rarity say you get a 6th legendary card it's automatically turned into a legendary citation and you can unlock any legendary Trek character in the game with the token or add a star to another legendary. Zero buyers remorse, zero slow down in spending, devs win and players are happy

I thought some people liked to keep duplicates of certain crew, though? Rare, I know, but...
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »

Um, this is not a theft.

I thought some people liked to keep duplicates of certain crew, though? Rare, I know, but...

I've several FF legendary Duplicates I'd gladly trade all of them for others I don't have given the option
  • Ask CS for a refund, given the situation they may understand and give you back your honor and take the duplicate.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Um, this is not a theft.

Not so fast, because it's not exactly the same. In fact, it's not at all the same. Mr. Suitcase is engaging in a secondary market, and there's no such thing in Timelines. Every transaction takes place directly between the player and DB at whatever the market value for the item(s) may be. Nor is DB Mr. Suitcase because they're the ones setting that market value.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Yups, rare, but in some cases I prefer a dublicate over a variant. I have Mobile Doctor FE/FF for example and a further 2 star copy. Concerning base the second strongest med character after Culber. And the artwork reflects him perfectly. Same situation with Honey Bare Jadzia. Much prefer to have her as additional 2 star copy (so far) over the awfully drawn Blood Oath variant...

As for this other game mentioned here: The artwork is amazing for sure. But last I checked only one playstyle. Here at least I can use my favourite characters in many different modes and situations.

• Um, this is not a theft.

Something being legally theft and something being ethically theft are not the same thing.
  • You should definitely submit a ticket.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.