Home The Bridge

45K Honor For an All FF Legendary Behold!!!

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity why do people do the 45k random legendary pulls instead of 50k citation for the exact one you need? Yes you save 5k but with crew space limited and many legendaries that have poor stats or just two skills why take the risk for the sake of saving a little honor? Is it the fun of the random lottery of it?
    Let’s fly!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity why do people do the 45k random legendary pulls instead of 50k citation for the exact one you need? Yes you save 5k but with crew space limited and many legendaries that have poor stats or just two skills why take the risk for the sake of saving a little honor? Is it the fun of the random lottery of it?

For me, it is. Beholds are the best, most exciting part of the game for me. It's like Christmas morning. So I plan to spend my honor on legendary beholds right up until I have 3 characters FF, because I know that my very first behold bought with 3 FF and 150 unfused will give me exactly the 3 I have.
  • Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    I did beholds to get new 5 stars. Now I have people worth keeping I max them then go back to beholds
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done it twice. My reasoning was this:

The only FF 5*'s in my crew were the ones from the mega-events that weren't in circulation via the time portal anyway (Borg Queen, Kortar, T'Kuvma; "Smoke and Mirrors" hadn't been played yet. It was impossible for me to get into the unfortunate situation as the OP. Aside from that, there were still far more 5*s I wanted but didn't have at all. Lastly, I was entirely caught up on my crew backlog both times. I had absolutely no one left to equip and level. Both times, it paid off for me:

3b7a99qjxhbj.jpg

Mirror Spock was second only to Captain Sisko on my wish list of 5*'s. Getting him was a genuine thrill! He's somewhat helpful in Voyages and I've used him a few times in the Gauntlet. He saw some action in the "Smoke and Mirrors" mega-event, obviously. But ultimately, I don't even care about any of that. I just really wanted Mirror Spock regardless of his stats or traits.

oz6ngq6pexqj.jpg

I've wanted Age of Sail Crusher ever since I fell short of earning her in "Ribbon of Joy". I've used her more than anyone in my Voyages crews. I hope that if that event ever comes back around, I can at least earn another star for her properly.

I am, however, acutely aware that any combination of the remaining four crew that I passed over to select Mirror Spock and Age of Sail Crusher would have been entirely underwhelming for me and I would have been disappointed with whomever I might have selected. For the time being, I'm focusing more on citations, but I'm sure I'll roll the dice again on a Legendary Behold eventually.
  • KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Why they are so afraid to implement citation in beholds? I guarantee we will buy more portals in this way. What do you wait DB? We requested for this for so many time! DoBetter!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

The only FF 5*'s in my crew were the ones from the mega-events that weren't in circulation via the time portal anyway (Borg Queen, Kortar, T'Kuvma; "Smoke and Mirrors" hadn't been played yet. It was impossible for me to get into the unfortunate situation as the OP. Aside from that, there were still far more 5*s I wanted but didn't have at all. Lastly, I was entirely caught up on my crew backlog both times. I had absolutely no one left to equip and level. Both times, it paid off for me:

3b7a99qjxhbj.jpg

Mirror Spock was second only to Captain Sisko on my wish list of 5*'s. Getting him was a genuine thrill! He's somewhat helpful in Voyages and I've used him a few times in the Gauntlet. He saw some action in the "Smoke and Mirrors" mega-event, obviously. But ultimately, I don't even care about any of that. I just really wanted Mirror Spock regardless of his stats or traits.

oz6ngq6pexqj.jpg

I've wanted Age of Sail Crusher ever since I fell short of earning her in "Ribbon of Joy". I've used her more than anyone in my Voyages crews. I hope that if that event ever comes back around, I can at least earn another star for her properly.

I am, however, acutely aware that any combination of the remaining four crew that I passed over to select Mirror Spock and Age of Sail Crusher would have been entirely underwhelming for me and I would have been disappointed with whomever I might have selected. For the time being, I'm focusing more on citations, but I'm sure I'll roll the dice again on a Legendary Behold eventually.
    Those are great pulls. Age of Sail Crusher has med and command which is great for voyages. I would just be afraid I would get a two skill throwaway like The Founder Changeling.
    Let’s fly!

3b7a99qjxhbj.jpg

oz6ngq6pexqj.jpg

Those are great pulls. Age of Sail Crusher has med and command which is great for voyages. I would just be afraid I would get a two skill throwaway like The Founder Changeling.

Changeling Founder was the very first 5* I ever got, back in my F2P days. At the time, she was one of only a couple existing crew who could crit a locked DIP + Changeling node. Since then, there have been enough Odos (plus Laas) who can clear it that she's not as necessary.

I kept track of how many times I used my crew members in things like events, non-event shuttles, Voyages, Cadet Challenges, the Gauntlet, and the Arena. Sadly, Changeling Founder was the only 5* I never used even once for anything.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Travis S McClain

That is discouraging. But does reflect how many times I passed on her in beholds. I still do not have her. Another one that I have passed on Phoenix Cochrane. And, I do not have him yet either.

Though I would love to have the Cochrane TOS one. Of course, DB has to include him first.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Travis S McClain

That is discouraging. But does reflect how many times I passed on her in beholds. I still do not have her. Another one that I have passed on Phoenix Cochrane. And, I do not have him yet either.

Though I would love to have the Cochrane TOS one. Of course, DB has to include him first.

I'm a big DS9 fan, so I would have wanted Changeling Founder regardless. I am glad that I got her at a time when I needed her to crit that one locked node. She was helpful in Expeditions, too, though because so much of her roll is based on proficiency, it was always scary using her on more than one mission because I couldn't keep up with what she could or couldn't clear.

And one day, we're going to have that Dominion mega-event and she's gonna finally earn her keep for realsies!
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    The Founder has been one of my Gauntlet regulars for a while. I think she's my third highest proficiency roll after the mirror versions of Picard and Phlox.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Just out of curiosity why do people do the 45k random legendary pulls instead of 50k citation for the exact one you need? Yes you save 5k but with crew space limited and many legendaries that have poor stats or just two skills why take the risk for the sake of saving a little honor? Is it the fun of the random lottery of it?

For me its the chance of getting that first star on somebody I don't have yet.
  • Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to submit a ticket, because there's nothing that says you can't get a result like I did. But I won't ever be doing an honor behold again, and i certainly lobby for an all-fused behold becoming a citation instead.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Travis S McClain

I'm a big DS9 fan, so I would have wanted Changeling Founder regardless. I am glad that I got her at a time when I needed her to crit that one locked node. She was helpful in Expeditions, too, though because so much of her roll is based on proficiency, it was always scary using her on more than one mission because I couldn't keep up with what she could or couldn't clear.

And one day, we're going to have that Dominion mega-event and she's gonna finally earn her keep for realsies!

For me I probably had someone I wanted more in the beginning and then later on I avoided her on toughness to level and not being of much use to my crew.
    At some point I will get her. Might take that Dominion Mega event. She should not be the megaevent crew because already existing. So probably would come from the opposing side(s), since no Changeling should be megaevent crew over her.

Edit: I forgot could be a new version of her for megaevent crew.
  • I've submitted a ticket for this scenario and was rudely ignored and dismissed by customer service. It's outrageous to spend 45,000 honor on 550 honor. I hope you get better service.
    @Travis S McClain

For me I probably had someone I wanted more in the beginning and then later on I avoided her on toughness to level and not being of much use to my crew.
    At some point I will get her. Might take that Dominion Mega event. She should not be the megaevent crew because already existing. So probably would come from the opposing side(s), since no Changeling should be megaevent crew over her.

Edit: I forgot could be a new version of her for megaevent crew.

I just checked, and if we started an event right now where all crew with the Dominion trait got a x2 bonus, the Changeling Founder would be my #8 CMD (1076) and #6 DIP (1004). She'd be helpful, certainly, but she wouldn't be my event star. That'd most likely wind up being Kilana, who would become my #6 CMD (1124) and #1 DIP (1770).

I also discovered that I would really want to get some more stars on First Goran'Agar, because even at just 1/4, he'd be my #2 CMD (1346). With just a second star, he'd leapfrog the Borg Queen to become #1; her base CMD is 1370.

...Man, I really want a Dominion mega-event.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought around ten citations and one honour behold. The citations were better value in that i could add them to existing crew.

The behold was between AOS crusher, 007 Bashir and some throwaway like changing founder. I had AOS crusher immortalized so went for Bashir. I have slight buyers remorse, but I was bored so hence felt like rolling a dice. Bashir is decent enough, and MED is always much needed.

I don't have enough golds imortalised to run into the FF behold issue as most of my FF golds are mega event characters, or limited crew like FO Burnham.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I've always hated rolling the dice on portal/merit/basic rewards or honor beholds. This is just like throwing a merit portal and getting 3 greys (2 of which are the same) - yes I can assure you that has happened to me more times than I can count. Meanwhile Captain Lucky O'hare get's a behold every other pull, clearly there is no Rhyme or Reason and for that reason alone it is broken and should be looked upon and amended.

The only thing we can do is:
    A) Put in a ticket/keep commenting here on the forums - raising the profile of this issue
    B - Boycott purchases etc. not a great alternative and it has adverse dangers in itself but if option A is not going to work then all we have is option B.

I do agree a citation in a behold or at the very least you get the option of 3 free shuffles if there is an all FF behold?
    Knowing you definitely will get a citation mitigates purchasing citations, so I think the latter would be a fair compromise.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I've always hated rolling the dice on portal/merit/basic rewards or honor beholds. This is just like throwing a merit portal and getting 3 greys (2 of which are the same) - yes I can assure you that has happened to me more times than I can count. Meanwhile Captain Lucky O'hare get's a behold every other pull, clearly there is no Rhyme or Reason and for that reason alone it is broken and should be looked upon and amended.

A) Put in a ticket/keep commenting here on the forums - raising the profile of this issue
    B - Boycott purchases etc. not a great alternative and it has adverse dangers in itself but if option A is not going to work then all we have is option B.

I do agree a citation in a behold or at the very least you get the option of 3 free shuffles if there is an all FF behold?
    Knowing you definitely will get a citation mitigates purchasing citations, so I think the latter would be a fair compromise.

So you Postulate that db should Change the laws of randomness and just make 10% a "you are guaranteed 1 in 10"?

If you buy Portals (Boosters, lottery tickets), you are not guaranteed a win. And yes, while in real life you could sell the car you just won (if you already have a car), we all know These are virtual products here that are worth nothing. If db someday Closes down their Servers, all of what you think you own is gone.

On the other Hand, spending should be encouraged, so I would vote for cheaper legendary beholds (the 5.000 difference are not enough)
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted a ticket for this scenario and was rudely ignored and dismissed by customer service. It's outrageous to spend 45,000 honor on 550 honor. I hope you get better service.

It's been explicitly stated by DB that no compensation will be given for all FF beholds.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted a ticket for this scenario and was rudely ignored and dismissed by customer service. It's outrageous to spend 45,000 honor on 550 honor. I hope you get better service.

At least CS are consistent in their 'service' - A tip for you, you would get better success claiming it was an accidental purchase and that you meant to get a citation.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunnagh wrote: »
    I've always hated rolling the dice on portal/merit/basic rewards or honor beholds. This is just like throwing a merit portal and getting 3 greys (2 of which are the same) - yes I can assure you that has happened to me more times than I can count. Meanwhile Captain Lucky O'hare get's a behold every other pull, clearly there is no Rhyme or Reason and for that reason alone it is broken and should be looked upon and amended.

So you Postulate that db should Change the laws of randomness and just make 10% a "you are guaranteed 1 in 10"?

If you buy Portals (Boosters, lottery tickets), you are not guaranteed a win. And yes, while in real life you could sell the car you just won (if you already have a car), we all know These are virtual products here that are worth nothing. If db someday Closes down their Servers, all of what you think you own is gone.

On the other Hand, spending should be encouraged, so I would vote for cheaper legendary beholds (the 5.000 difference are not enough)

There is no harm in improving the chances somewhat, I don't postulate anything other than just that and certainly not guarantee. If i bought a lottery ticket with the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 people will think me foolish for that selection even though they have the same odds as any other number in the pool. Unless I am not mistaken previous suggestions were to guarantee citations on a FF behold. I am proposing a better alternative to keep citations valid is to allow a x3 option to shuffle the choices of the legendary cards - but only in this type of scenario.

The OP had far better than lottery odds yet was unlucky and is the curse of any end game scenario of this kind, there is no drive to put yourself to that point, unless the situation is improved more people will quit the game sooner, which i am pretty sure DB do not want, obviously I can't speak for them nor do I intend to.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just going to leave this here.

3zcv0lkpkquf.jpeg
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally happened to me, but with super rares in a regular 10pk behold. stgt88ae9uk2.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally happened to me, but with super rares in a regular 10pk behold. stgt88ae9uk2.png

You will be seeing it more often as time goes buy,
    In actuality, you are really buying the chance for a legendary with packs. So any rare and superrare crew of use to you is good. Eventually they will just be honor. But portal updates will give you more chances to get someone you may need.

Do not worry about diluting the pool, power creep will make you want newer legendaries anyhow.
  • This happens to me pretty regularly with super rares; it’s significantly disincentivized my purchase of portals. I recently gave in to the 10 for 10 offer and got these:

hjpg7d6nmmvi.png
    v3wv2zfom41v.png
    zt5gq3xzn9d1.png
    c48g73hthog1.png

Could anyone explain to me why DB wouldn’t regularly update the portals to include all crew for any reason other than to be deceptive?
  • This happens to me pretty regularly with super rares; it’s significantly disincentivized my purchase of portals. I recently gave in to the 10 for 10 offer and got these:

hjpg7d6nmmvi.png
    v3wv2zfom41v.png
    zt5gq3xzn9d1.png
    c48g73hthog1.png

Could anyone explain to me why DB wouldn’t regularly update the portals to include all crew for any reason other than to be deceptive?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
  • edited March 2018
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

I agree with the sentiment and I try to give DB the benefit of the doubt but I really can’t imagine that their intent is to be anything other than misleading:

• They have the ability to add crew to portals
    • There is a great demand for this and has been for some time
    • There are (I believe) 100+ crew still absent form the portals
    • There is no information given as to which crew are or aren’t included in the premium portals, yet they specify this information for special/event packs
    • Players have no reason to believe that all crew are not represented in premium portals

The only reasoning I can surmise is that they’re being intentionally misleading so that players spend more trying to get crew that they have no chance of getting while also getting useless duplicates of the stagnant pool of crew that have already been included for a long time - there’s simply no other reason not to add crew to portals. Presuming that they aren’t aware of any of this (attributing it to stupidity or inattention) would be too generous on our part. Maybe I’m just grumpy from my lousy pulls lately but the longer they wait to update the portals the less willing I am to overlook it.