Home The Bridge

What Is Your Plan For Captain Beverly Picard?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    I am on the fence – I do not know as yet whether I will, or will not, be adding Captain Beverly Picard to my crew at some point in the future
    Her stats are very unappealing, but i have all but one Crusher immortilized...
    ehmspxln7z06.png
    So i am on the fence because with more stars for old timie Beverly and captain Crusher immortalized...my bev crusher collection will be complete!!
  • Stats regardless, I can't see spending honor on a new character when I have many 3/4 to fuse. That being said, I'd love to add her to my roster.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am eager to get Captain Beverly Picard, and plan on adding her to my crew very quickly
    I’ll pick her up. Ive got 60k honor saved up at the moment.

However I think Professor Data or Ambassador Picard would have been better choices
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the fence – I do not know as yet whether I will, or will not, be adding Captain Beverly Picard to my crew at some point in the future
    I like the character and the artwork, but I have far better things to spend Honor on now. At some point in the far-far-away future, if she's still there when I get all my crew FF, then I'll reconsider. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am planning on adding Captain Beverly Picard to my crew eventually, but will not be doing so in the near future
    Not enough crew slots. Nowhere near enough crew slots.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no interest in Captain Beverly Picard whatsoever, and will never add her to my crew
    Disappointed. Her stats just don't justify adding her to my roster, too many other characters fill rolls so much better. I was hoping for an Honor Hall character I wanted, now I have to wait another 6 months or year for a decent one.
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I have no interest in Captain Beverly Picard whatsoever, and will never add her to my crew
    I like the character, but the stats and choppy art complete with yellow outline told me to spend the long-saved honour elsewhere. (Mobile Doc!)

(When we said we needed more MED, I don't think we were talking about gauntlet)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am planning on adding Captain Beverly Picard to my crew eventually, but will not be doing so in the near future
    She cant be used in gauntlet well when there are many better. She would be great in gauntlet but only at 4/5 or 5/5. So thats 100k for her then another 150-200k. 250-300k is not worth it for anyone unless their stats are better than anyone.

Gauntlet only uses proficiency stats, so 4/5 or 5/5 makes no sense. She only needs to be 1/5 leveled to 100 to be maxed for gauntlet.
    Yes that did not make sense. I meant to say that she is only good in voyages at 4/5 or 5/5. I edited my orignial statement and now it works. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • •RIVIN••RIVIN• ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    She cant be used in gauntlet well when there are many better. She would be great in gauntlet but only at 4/5 or 5/5. So thats 100k for her then another 150-200k. 250-300k is not worth it for anyone unless their stats are better than anyone.

Fuse levels don't change anything in gauntlet. Only proficiency and proficiency bonuses.

I believe he ment that she isn't going to be useful in gauntlet even with full proficiency stats, so her only usefulness would come at the cost of 300k honor to fuse her for voyages...
  • I am eager to get Captain Beverly Picard, and plan on adding her to my crew very quickly
    It is a no brainer for me. I have been advocating for this Beverly variation since the beginning. I am super pleased she is receiving this amount of attention.

Fuse levels don't change anything in gauntlet. Only proficiency and proficiency bonuses.

I believe he ment that she isn't going to be useful in gauntlet even with full proficiency stats, so her only usefulness would come at the cost of 300k honor to fuse her for voyages...
    Yes precisely. Db needs to buff her stats a bit or lower her price.
    Let’s fly!
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am eager to get Captain Beverly Picard, and plan on adding her to my crew very quickly
    I'm a collector - I've had my 100k saved up for a while, I'll be getting her on launch day. After that she'll probably sit around at lvl1 until there's a week where Bev's event crew, but I'll definitely be getting her right away regardless.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Only reason I would rush to get her is if her ship trait were Accuracy +20% attack speed.
  • I have no interest in Captain Beverly Picard whatsoever, and will never add her to my crew
    I was super excited about this character, but once I saw her stats, i just didn't care anymore. They didn't make her competitive at all, i'd rather finish up one of my waiting legendaries...
  • I am eager to get Captain Beverly Picard, and plan on adding her to my crew very quickly
    Good for gauntlet and for voyages. I'll get her immediately to 100/full
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm saving up the honor to get her, and hopefully it won't take too long. Started the game just a few months ago, so this will be my first honor hall legend. Not sure how long they stasy in the hall.

per the wiki:
    >>
    He became officially available on Apr-27-2017 with client version 2.0 and can be purchased for 100,000 Honor.
    <<

so i would think/hope Captain Beverly will be around for a while too!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPTION 5 - CAPT BEV is low down on the agenda right now, and the way things go might never be able to get her even if I wanted to.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strength of her stats will be based on her traits. Yes, her rolls are a bit weaker than Guinan and Inquisitor Troi. BUT if she ends up being like Mirror Picard and running 25%+ more often than not, she gets a lot stronger.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like her, and I'd like to get her, but I just have other things to spend my honour on for now.

Maybe eventually I'll pick her up, but for now, she's a pass
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stats are definitely a little disappointing... but I like the character enough (and dislike Kahless enough) that I'm going to hit it rather than quit it
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'll pick her up right away as long as I don't get a surprise 5* drop before getting her. Otherwise I'll wait 72 hours from the 5* drop so I can get a 2nd star on her.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a MED gauntlet, she'd be useful -- best MED/CMD combo in the game, but only by a little. Otherwise, she's no use in my crew.

So, for a MED gauntlet, to have the best combos across the board, are these who you would need now?
    Guinan - MED/DIP
    Keeper - MED/SCI
    Capt Bev - MED/CMD
    Caretaker - MED/ENG
    Mirror Phlox or Defensive Phlox? - MED/SEC
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, for a MED gauntlet, to have the best combos across the board, are these who you would need now?
    Guinan - MED/DIP
    Keeper - MED/SCI
    Capt Bev - MED/CMD
    Caretaker - MED/ENG
    Mirror Phlox or Defensive Phlox? - MED/SEC

Maybe in theory, but in practice, that wouldn't be optimal.
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as she drops, she will join my crew.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start with a nice dinner, maybe catch a show...?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I have no interest in Captain Beverly Picard whatsoever, and will never add her to my crew
    Eh. I love me some Crushers. I really, really do. I loved the idea of Cap'n Bev. I can understand why her stats are miserable, I mean she let her ex-husband commandeer and destroy her own darn ship, but they're still miserable. There is literally nothing compelling about adding that card for 100k honor. Terrible, terrible decision. I'm sitting on 300k+ honor and 4 5* citations and I still won't be adding her to my game. Too expensive for such mediocre stats.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
    If she is 50k she is worth it. If she is 100k she is not.
    Let’s fly!
  • GogusGogus ✭✭
    I have been saving for her. So I look foward to adding her to my crew.
    I voted "eager to get," but that's not quite true. It's more like "I have a load of honor and no reason to wait."
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shut up and take my honor!