Home The Bridge

Let's Raise a Glass for Alex, Heather, Glen, and Yannick

As was previously posted and sourced, a number of DB staff were let go yesterday as part of a right-sizing and refocusing measure by management. I'd love to take a minute to recognize and thank some awesome people who made a big difference in the community (albeit on the other side of the table) who are no longer with the company.

Alex, or Nod as he was known to most of us, always went above and beyond to explain statistics and metrics and to check on game details for us. Heather stepped in to help with CM duties after Becca left, which is a truly difficult and oftentimes thankless job (shoutout to Shan). Glen, as head of CS, often personally responded to tickets and helped players above and beyond the call of duty while working to ensure that people were treated fairly and policies and procedures were put in place to help standardize tickets. Finally, Yannick's passion for the game and its players was always reflected in his support tickets as well as his interactions with the community.

Still... thanks guys for all the ways you helped players and helped shape the community - you'll be very missed.
Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!

Comments

• We'll miss you guys!
  • Hear, hear.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Big shame, safe voyages to all involved. Can only hope the restructuring will focus on better CS and player communication, or there redundancy would be for nothing
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish them all smooth sailing. Make it so!
  • Well said! They will be missed!
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Thanks to you guys for all that you've done... you'll be missed, but I know you will go on to bigger and better things!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • Thanks very much to all of them for their great work! They'll be missed badly.

I hope they find new jobs asap.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I'm Scottish. You had me at "Let's Raise a Glass ..."!

All the best for the future.
  • s2cxg0vpqj5z.gif
  • Live long and prosper. You'll be greatly missed Nod, Heather, Glen and Yannick.
  • I am sure all of us really appreciate the support and we all loved to work for you all here at DB.

Live long and prosper all of you and keep up providing DB with all the feedback, suggestions and joy that made working for you all as a Player Support member such a pleasure.

It was an honour to be able to serve you all!

At your service, my pleasure and my duty!

Yannic, aka Test.

Thank you.

Lebe lang und in Frieden.
  • Hear Hear.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting up with the difficult and passionate fanbase you guys. And best of luck to you, and the rest of the people that are moving on and looking to fill the next chapter of their lives.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I wish to extend my gratitude to you guys also it's rare to fall in love with a freemium game I've played many but none came close to this. The passion from those at CS to Nod and Heather resonate through from exchanges in the past and I wish you all the best of luck for future endeavours. I might not get to visit in Boston Nod but your welcome to join a pub crawl in Dublin and bring Yannic along with you :)

Live Long and Prosper
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nod wrote: »
    Thanks for being part of a great chapter of my professional and personal career.

Thanks for your part of shaping STT into what it is Alex: Fan service and character collection oc, but at core a quite smart resource management game. Which rewards planning ahead and patience in many ways.

All the best for your next "adventures"...

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe journey and an amazing post. Mad respect
  • Thank you so much for all of your hard and oftentimes under appreciated work. I've played STT for a year and a half, and generally loved it. And I know the folks who are leaving us had a lot to do with that fact. Safe journeys and best wishes for the future. Cheers.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • I'm not sure how I feel about this, nor the implications to the player base.

Thanks for everything you all have put into this game, hopefully you'll find somewhere that's the right size to utilize your considerable talents.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • A huge THANK YOU from the guys and girls in Per Audacia Ad Astra. We wish you the best in future endeavors and have appreciated all you have done for and with us.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    lq74q5p5fusl.jpg
    Sad to see them go. They were good people and helpful. I wish them the best of luck and say thanks.
    Let’s fly!
  • Just wanted to say thank you, Nod, Heather, Glen and Yannick, for all the blood, sweat, and hard work you guys have done, on behalf of my fleet, [SFC]. We greatly respect and appreciate all the toiling, sacrifices, and accomplishment you guys have given.

To you guys, we raise our glasses, our true fallen heroes! Your names will never be forgotten, your heroic deeds will always be remembered. May you live on forever in the heart of Sto-Vo-Kor, as you surely will, in all our hearts.

Live long, and prosper,

Captain Q [SFC]

"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning..."
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Thank you for all your hard work and you will be missed. Live Long and Prosper.
  • I cannot say how much I truly appreciate your hard work with making this game what it has become. Although I never had the pleasure to interact with any of you directly, just playing STT made it so indirectly, and that is all that truly matters. Good luck in all future endeavours!

I just hope this does not mean a bad downward spiral internally with DB. I would hate to see the game take a nasty turn south and undo all of their hard work in the name of pure greed.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista