Home The Bridge

Something Needs to Change for Rewards

So I have been taking the game easy for the last month, not pushing hard on events until this week, Pulaski from one of my favourite episodes and also Sisko who I didnt get last time around. Went all in today and went for the top solo threshold. Just finished the 130k points needed, and thought I would turn my attention to Sisko in the ranked rewards. Only to find after hitting top threshold I am ranked 8500th with a day still to go! Genuinely surprised how low down the ranking I am, with so many people doing better now surely DB needs to change the rewards structure, add more to the Threshold rewards, make rankings percentage based like with Arena. Out of curiosity could someone let me know roughly how many points are needed for top 1000 nowadays??

Comments

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also finding myself lower than usual, and I can imagine the massive amounts of chronitons earned from the introduction of Collections last week are probably a significant contributor. I wouldn't pick this week as an excellent of a need for change.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of it has to do with the event crew. I only play galaxies when it’s crew I want and I don’t find that happening too often. Last one I went after was Lissan (because I love Enterprise). The time before that was Mirror Troi. I finished 3rd in both events. For Lissan I had 21,000 chrons. For Troi I had 65,000 yet I placed the same for both. I felt that way more people were after Mirror Troi than Lissan.
  • For new players this must be incredibly daunting, using up 21,000 and 65,000 chrons is numbers some can only dream of!
    For new players this must be incredibly daunting, using up 21,000 and 65,000 chrons is numbers some can only dream of!

It is true that this is not a jump right in and dominate kind of game. It takes some time to build up to a competitive point.

• I'm with Travis. I will routinely clear all thresholds and sometimes still wind up not even in the 3000 range! My work keeps me from getting a quick start on Thursdays, and I can't play much during the day on Fridays, but I still manage to clear thresholds either Thursday or Friday night in a Galaxy and then I usually call it a day, simply because I'd rather save chrons to level crew. Occasionally I have pushed it and managed to get under 1000 but it just isn't worth the time and resources. It used to be a lot easier.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, some in my fleet thought participation seemed pretty low this time around.

8.5k for top thresholds in a galaxy isn’t all that bad.

Once a few weeks ago, I hit top thresholds just three hours or so after the event began, and just watched my rank fall for the rest of it.

Ended up somewhere around 10k, I think, after doing a bit more playing in phase 2.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I think 10,000 people clearing all the rewards is pretty remarkable. It's well over twice the amount that would a year ago.

And it's not free. I spent almost 3000 chrono to do it.

Recently top 1000 has been around 8000-10,000 chronitons for me.

I prefer galaxy and expedition because I can "win" (make top 1000) if I want. The same can no longer be said for faction.

IMO it needs to be changed to top 2000 for gold to reflect the doubled serious playerbase.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    Good discussion on this thread as well.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4065/time-to-change-the-event-rewards-table/p1

I'm in total agreement - event rewards need to be updated!
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    currently 130k, ranked 11,498. 16 hours to go.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mayhaps something changed like the somethings changing outlined over here: Event Rewards, Threshold:Crew and Ranked:Honor?
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find getting top 1000 in a Galaxy to be too tedious. I would prefer less work though. It doesn't help that the animations seem a little slower since the last update.

I think it might be a bit better if the recipes required more items but rewards more VP. Something that gives roughly the same amount of chrons per VP they do now.

Also pump up the threshold rewards. Even on a repeat event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • wfgwfg ✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I'm also finding myself lower than usual, and I can imagine the massive amounts of chronitons earned from the introduction of Collections last week are probably a significant contributor. I wouldn't pick this week as an excellent of a need for change.

+1 to this, I'm way lower than I would normally be in a Galaxy event, I suspect in part because I burned all my Collections chronitons to immortalize crew and free up slots.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It doesn't help that the animations seem a little slower since the last update.

You should be able to tap them away now. They don't disappear immediately, but it cuts down the total animation time by at least a third, I'd guess.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • It depends on how many are active player, and how many are bots. Rewards may be ok for 20,000 real players. However if 50,000 people are really playing game, and apparently ranking each event. which I doubt as there would be a lot more forum registered users. Then yes, the rewards are wack. But if it’s just bots making actual players pay to rank, then the better solution would be for dB to skew down point creation for the bots
  • I think it’s time they set a 5* threshold reward, so you know if you go all in and work really hard as long as you can reach that then it wasn’t for nothing.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
    I think it’s time they set a 5* threshold reward, so you know if you go all in and work really hard as long as you can reach that then it wasn’t for nothing.

I totally agree
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit 130k on Friday morning thanks to two chron-heavy voyages, around 850th place at the time. As of right now? 11,459th. I’ll probably end up around 13,000-14,000. The last few galaxy events and hybrid events were about the same, when I tried for the full set of threshold rewards. I just don’t care enough to tap-tap-tap for the many hours it would be necessary to be competitive.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Xoiiku,
    .. I'd Sign up for that.

I'd throw in a few more chroniton bundles in the gulf between 55 & 300k

It would literally make every event something I would want to play and make me more willing to pay.

If I don't give a crap about the featured 5 star for a specific event, I could still fight to add a star to an existing legendary character or stars to existing super rares. This would give players some flexibility.

We would still be in a perpetually rising state of honor debt, but at least the wheels would feel moving more then they are now..
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even adding the stars on to the character prizes from said event at the 4&5* levels, players like myself by not overly interested in 3*'s could gain some ground (every 5 events roughly)
    I think it’s time they set a 5* threshold reward, so you know if you go all in and work really hard as long as you can reach that then it wasn’t for nothing.

Mayhaps the 5* could be moved into the thresholds something like this?
    nfv3re271jkp.jpg

Yes, exactly like that. This way you know when you will get one plus you don’t have to finish way up there to get multiple copies

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't say that I like this proposal, but I appreciate the hard work that went into it.

The removal of competition and strategy would make this game awfully boring. I don't want to be given a number to attain and then the event is over as soon as I reach it. That's so anticlimactic. I want to fight to be smarter and better than other players and get much better rewards because of it (or often times, the opposite). That's fun and exciting.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I can't say that I like this proposal, but I appreciate the hard work that went into it.

The removal of competition and strategy would make this game awfully boring. I don't want to be given a number to attain and then the event is over as soon as I reach it. That's so anticlimactic. I want to fight to be smarter and better than other players and get much better rewards because of it (or often times, the opposite). That's fun and exciting.

I'd be more than happy to compete for the honor.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Honor as an event reward?!
    YES!
    Also, yeah, please update similar to arena. more players, more rewards.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

You should be able to tap them away now. They don't disappear immediately, but it cuts down the total animation time by at least a third, I'd guess.

Yeah but that just adds more tapping.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the first Repetitive Motion Syndrome sufferer to list Galaxies as a source of their pain.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Yeah but that just adds more tapping.

Who doesn't like tapping? Tapping is fun!

mvecpicssxgk.gif

:p

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, you didn't go with tap dancing Data? I'm a bit disappointed.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Really, you didn't go with tap dancing Data? I'm a bit disappointed.

Too obvious. ;) (Okay, I actually forgot about that scene.) But any chance I get to acknowledge the amazing Nicholas Brothers, I'll take it.