The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Did I read that right? Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan

Comments

• o756unbgk9ct.png

No, I read it right..... whaaaaaaat?!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well **tsk tsk**.

I was expecting him to be something like 5k honour. Maybe 7k at most (around twice what Picard was).

But now I'm basically choosing between a 4* citation and a 2* crew member? Yeah, no thanks. It'll be a while before I make that purchase.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Well *chocolate cronut*.

I was expecting him to be something like 5k honour. Maybe 7k at most (around twice what Picard was).

But now I'm basically choosing between a 4* citation and a 2* crew member? Yeah, no thanks. It'll be a while before I make that purchase.

Same here! I was thinking realistically 5k. 15k is WAAAAAY too much for a vaulted 2*. And I've finished the 2 star collection? No thanks.
  • I'd rather drop a citation on Colonel Karr than waste it in this fashion. Wasn't Stargazer JLP 3500 honor? Guess RNG has now taken over the honor hall pricing decisions... Surprised Captain Bev isn't 240k honor or something
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    That seems a little expensive to me.
  • Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Bought Bev without hesitation. 15k for an uncommon I want but don't need is an easy pass.
  • I'll level another copy of 2* Data versus buying the EMH, just on principle alone!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Oh and don't forget the 500 honour kick in the tail to cite him up to FF
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he was female & starfleet then we've got a different story brewing... but yah, this is kind of nuts
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping for 5k but expecting up to 10k max., but DB well.... :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Especially compared to a two-star citation. 500 to 15000. I think I will pass. So, a two star that holds next to no value in actual usage is a third the cost of a 5-star character beholds.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess bev and the doctor will get the award for the last crew members to get then - that is if the game lasts that long.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Since the Legendary (Bev, Kahless) is double the price of a Legendary Citation, an Uncommon (Doc) should be double the price of an Uncommon Citation.

I support this logic!
    I'd rather drop a citation on Colonel Karr than waste it in this fashion. Wasn't Stargazer JLP 3500 honor? Guess RNG has now taken over the honor hall pricing decisions... Surprised Captain Bev isn't 240k honor or something

Yeah, 1* Picard was 3500 honour.

Now 2* EMH is 15k.

Did some math on this, and EMH is ~4.28x more expensive.

Comparitively, a 3* citation is 9x more expensive than 2* citation.

Also, the ratio of Picard to a citation two star-ranks above him (3*) was ~1.28, and the ratio of EMH to a 4* citation (again, two star-ranks above) is 1.2

So in a way, DB was being vaguely consistent, and Picard was rather overpriced (7x more expensive than a 2* citation), but we didn't notice because the actual value of honour (3500) is relatively low in general.

Basically, it's expensive, and it **tsk tsk**, but so did SG Picard, technically.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited March 2018
    Since the Legendary (Bev, Kahless) is double the price of a Legendary Citation, an Uncommon (Doc) should be double the price of an Uncommon Citation.

SG Picard was 7x the price of an Uncommon Citation, and he was only a Common.

The lower-tier HH crew seem to have always been a ripoff...

But I do agree with your logic, it just would have resulted in a 2* crew cheaper than the previous 1* crew, so there's no way they would have done it. That's why I was more expecting it to be about twice the cost of SG Picard (5-7k).

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Grabbed him. Thought I had a chance at being first to max. I must have just missed the cut. I couldn't have been beaten out by much. Oh well, maybe next time.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Since the Legendary (Bev, Kahless) is double the price of a Legendary Citation, an Uncommon (Doc) should be double the price of an Uncommon Citation.

SG Picard was 7x the price of an Uncommon Citation, and he was only a Common.

The lower-tier HH crew seem to have always been a ripoff...

But I do agree with your logic, it just would have resulted in a 2* crew cheaper than the previous 1* crew, so there's no way they would have done it. That's why I was more expecting it to be about twice the cost of SG Picard (5-7k).

I was expecting it to be 7k as well. That would seem to me to be a fair and reasonable price, although I am sure some people would have complained anyway. 15k will put off a lot of people: including collectors like me who enjoy freezing all the lower-tier crew.
  • 750 Honour just dropped in my inbox, so 14950 to FF...
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can bet he has already been immortalized
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...don't buy it if it's not worth it to you. It's really that simple.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Way too much honor for an Uncommon Crew.

Stargazer Picard was fun and cheap, like a cool novelty.

1500k Honor, you’d have to airlock 75 4* crew to gather that much. For a little bit more a super rare behold is better.

• So...don't buy it if it's not worth it to you. It's really that simple.

He would be worth it to continue to keep my uncommon collection complete, but the arbitrarily high price puts me off, which makes me less inclined to play. It's a minor thing, but one of an increasing number...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, for a a card that can never be used, I'll pass. I can't believe people find DB's prices for anything reasonable.
    Way too much honor for an Uncommon Crew.

Stargazer Picard was fun and cheap, like a cool novelty.

1500k Honor, you’d have to airlock 75 4* crew to gather that much. For a little bit more a super rare behold is better.

If he's showing up at 1500K Honour for you, you may want to open a ticket to support :P

@Peachtree Rex I think the problem is that he's hardly going to be "worth it" to anyone. For SG Picard you were sacrificing the equivalent of a 3* citation, nothing too bad (but as per my previous post, it's still a bit much if you think about it). This is a 4* citation you're basically losing, for most players that's just nonsensical. I was ready to drop up to 7k (maybe even 8k) just for collecting purposes, but 15k is asking too much.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he had interesting traits I would consider it but he doesn't it.

Yes he can be used to fill the Doctor Collection but that's a relatively easy collection to fill since it requires no 5* characters.

I'll be passing till a Hologram Collection comes around. Even then I'd be hesitant since its pretty steep.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals