Home The Bridge

15,000 Honor For a 2* ???

13»

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Don't panic, @DB are going to reevaluate the dismissal cost for all crew....

Internal analysis found that they are paying out entirely too much honor. They are going to cut all honor amounts (airlocking, dailies, achievements, etc.) in half and then double the honor costs of all purchases (so the Doctor will be 30,000 honor) to bring things more in line with their vision.

That scenario is much more likely than them reevaluating in the other direction :p

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof, too rich for my blood. Borderline exploitative.

Borderline?

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering buying him,
    Curious..
    Where do I fill in my address to get the magic beans that he comes with ?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Borderline?

Forum hyperbole at its finest. All they've done is offer something at a cost you think is high. Something entirely not needed. It's not like your landlord is refusing to fix the AC in the summer and charging you a sweat tax.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Borderline?

Forum hyperbole at its finest. All they've done is offer something at a cost you think is high. Something entirely not needed. It's not like your landlord is refusing to fix the AC in the summer and charging you a sweat tax.

How do you know so much about my landlord :open_mouth:
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw this and also went Wednesday Thursday Friday :p
    15k is too steep for my tastes. Hopefully DB will realize this blunder when they see just about no one jumping to get him.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relevant economic reading:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

DB created a "worthless" item that they want to be scarce and only for collectors. It's a collector game. Of course it's going to be expensive.

I might have to disagree with you here. The forum response is indication enough that the high cost is not driving demand like it does for Louis Vuitton bags and Bentleys, but rather the complete opposite: people that would have been entirely happy to snag him at 5-10k honor are steering clear. I would argue that Captain Bev, and Kahless to a lesser extent, would accurately be described as a Veblen good because her utility as a function of the honor cost to acquire and FF her is lower than other MED crew.

If DB wanted to monetize the Mk 1 EMH as an honor sink, they would have been better off setting a price point that more people would be willing to pay.
  • EMH is my favourite character in the series, but I'm not paying a tax of a few weeks' saved honour for a fun face for the freezer with no practical use, to the disadvantage of my 4* and 5* roster.

I'm well aware that DB can charge whatever inflated price they want for anything, but 15k is ridiculous. What even is the benefit to the company for this, other than annoying the players.
  • He's a luxury, like Stargazer Picard. Don't see the issue. Not everything is going to make sense from a gameplay perspective.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaand he's in my freezer. Never to be seen again.
  • I actually wanted him!! Not anymore, thanks DB
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • It's ridiculous.
  • But then, ALL the prices in the honor hall are ridiculous. Including the honor you get for airlocking crew.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    MV5BMjM5MTI1OTY0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzM0ODA1NTE@._V1_UY317_CR175,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

They probably figure there are a lot of players who'll get him regardless, because they want to collect everyone they can, and since honour can be gained in-game at a steady rate it's much easier to impulse-spend than dilithium.

They're probably right.

(Yeah, I did.)
  • edited March 2018
    Found it:

SCI: 199 (31-112)
    MED: 354 (23-71)

Traits: Hologram, Federation, Starfleet, Doctor

Thanks McMave.

99wh89wfe0zm.png

As it stands he is best 2* base and minimum combined stat for MED.

If he was a part alien Starfleet female who could do all three days and replace Nurse Kes and CMO Crusher on my cadet missions that would be worth it.

Alas he is not, so he stays in the honor hall for me.
  • Clone 7 wrote: »
    Someone had their saucer section up their aft plasma vent when they picked this price.

The EMH isn't even useful for anything, either, as a male Starfleet character is only useful 3 days per week and you'd be better off keeping Dr Crusher for her 4-day utility.

He's 4 as well, he counts as an alien.
  • middlehead wrote: »

Do holograms really count as part alien ?
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    middlehead wrote: »

I think this might be a glitch. I mean Brahms doesn't count on alien days either from what I remember.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep 15k is too high. You also need to spend another 500 to get him a second copy.
    Let’s fly!
  • He does.

2* Data counts, so the requirement has never truly been "alien," but "not entirely human."
    He does.

2* Data counts, so the requirement has never truly been "alien," but "not entirely human."

But Data is an android, not a hologram
  • 5zu7hr8u5tzf.png

2/2* stats according to the wiki.
  • middleheadmiddlehead ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    middlehead wrote: »
    He does.

But Data is an android, not a hologram

He's still precedent that the requirement is simply "Not Entirely Human," not specifically "Non-Human Organic." They were both made by humans in their creator's images so it's not origin that matters, it's just "Not 100% Human."

Same with Persis and Bashir; they're altered humans, and even that is enough for them to qualify.

I think this might be a glitch. I mean Brahms doesn't count on alien days either from what I remember.

The wiki says she does count for the weekend aliens, but she's not relevant for the mission I always do so I don't remember for sure either.
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I would buy him, even for 15k, if he was female and could be used in all Cadet Challenges. I would switch him with CMO Crusher (not alien) & Nurse Kes (not Federation) and free one crew slot. But this character is too expensive for useless crewmember.
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • 15k is extracting the urine, could maybe be justified if you got two copies for that in order to FF.

Along with Bev Picard, he's far down the to-do list.
  • PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    He's not even real, he's a Hologram!
  • koba wrote: »
    I would buy him, even for 15k, if he was female and could be used in all Cadet Challenges. I would switch him with CMO Crusher (not alien) & Nurse Kes (not Federation) and free one crew slot. But this character is too expensive for useless crewmember.

Same, if the new 2* was a female, alien, federation with MED primary, I would have bought her, because it would save me a slot and I could freeze the two crew needed to cover all weekday MED nodes.
    This, no dice.