Home The Bridge

Prepare for the arrival of a legend, Captains.

Comments

• Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    There aren't any legendary Romulans. No one with 10 minutes of screen time or appears in one episode or half a movie qualifies as legendary. Romulan Dukat would be more legendary than any Romulans in the Star Trek universe.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't any legendary Romulans. No one with 10 minutes of screen time or appears in one episode or half a movie qualifies as legendary. Romulan Dukat would be more legendary than any Romulans in the Star Trek universe.

I'd say "Balance of Terror" itself is considered legendary to fans. And Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander would be as well.

That being said, I'm still 99% certain it will be Surak.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Im betting on Surak
    hciplo37s8oi.jpg

Surak.

Nah, this is Surak.

gl75pcmu9fh4.jpg

One's young and one's old (at least that's how I rationalise it).

I wouldn't be at all surprise if they went with older Surak, since he's all robed and such. But I'm okay with dreamy young Surak.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Some of y’all’s responses are just killin me! #VulcanJaneway #VulcanBurnham #JediRobeJaneway
    😂🤣😂
  • What about V'Lar? She could qualify as a legend.

I'd say "Balance of Terror" itself is considered legendary to fans. And Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander would be as well.

Again that is one episode and 10 minutes of screen time. Great performance but not a legendary character by any means.

Surak on the other hand qualifies as the character has appeared across multiple series and story lines in important roles. However, we just had one so I am guess we are getting some Romulan with 10 minutes of screen time and being told he / she is legendary. 😀

Again that is one episode and 10 minutes of screen time. Great performance but not a legendary character by any means.

Surak on the other hand qualifies as the character has appeared across multiple series and story lines in important roles. However, we just had one so I am guess we are getting some Romulan with 10 minutes of screen time and being told he / she is legendary. 😀

"one episode" but it's one of the best TOS episodes. Edith Keeler is also pretty "legendary" within the fandom.

Also his screentime is much more than 10 minutes. I suggest you watch that again.

Now...if they mean "Legendary" within the Star Trek universe, then no, we don't know of any Legendary Romulans (aside from stuff from the novels), so Surak is most likely.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's Saavik... she's half Romulan and got 'more than 10 minutes of screen time'
    Lol
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one with 10 minutes of screen time or appears in one episode or half a movie qualifies as legendary.

You're welcome to that opinion.
    Dralix wrote: »
    No one with 10 minutes of screen time or appears in one episode or half a movie qualifies as legendary.

You're welcome to that opinion.

That's all it is. An opinion in a simple conversation. 😀. Not to step on any toes or anything but the people who performed in the show can be popular with the fans but the characters themselves would not qualify as legendary. Great performance be it 10 minutes or 20 minutes but the word legendary is overused IMO. 😀
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Maybe it's Saavik... she's half Romulan and got 'more than 10 minutes of screen time'
    Lol

I must have missed the part when Saavik was revealed to be half Romulan? :confused:

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol

I must have missed the part when Saavik was revealed to be half Romulan? :confused:

It's not canon, but all over novels, comics, etc.
    Lol

A lot of people get more than 10 minutes of screen time, doesn't make their characters legendary.
    Lol

It's not canon, but all over novels, comics, etc.

I see. I'm not fully versed on the licensed works, but I feel like this Romulan event could benefit from dipping into them. There's a lot of good Romulan/Vulcan stuff in there. Of course, then there's going to be hordes of people channelling their inner Senator Vreenak and I'm kind of tired of outrages.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Hmm... maybe it's just me but the concept of a Romulan event just has me going "meh"
    T'pel from "Data's Day" as an undercover operative OR Vreenak from the masterful "In The Pale Moonlight" are the only ones i can think of that I'd actually enjoy
    Yateball wrote: »
    Hmm... maybe it's just me but the concept of a Romulan event just has me going "meh"
    T'pel from "Data's Day" as an undercover operative OR Vreenak from the masterful "In The Pale Moonlight" are the only ones i can think of that I'd actually enjoy

Others I'd like:

The aforementioned Commander played by Mark Lenard
    Admiral "Alien Bounty Hunter" Valdore (I basically just want him because Alien Bounty Hunter)
    Patahk (Mr. "Klingon filth" whose name is petaQ, it's just too good)
    Tebok (Romulan Dukat)

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    Looks like there is a bowl cut haircut there so Surak. Would be way more fun and way more fandom legendary for a T'Pau. Kick it off with a pon farr event with T'Pau and a new 4* T'Pring and a 3* Stonn.
  • OMG, if it is a Romulan . . . I just remembered how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get those stupid no star Romulan Emblams. It takes 24 chorons for the “most-likely” drop and it’s only a 2/5 chance of a drop. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️☹️ It’s gonna take a ridiculous amount of replicator rations just to level this crew member up. 😓
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    It could be younger TOS Sarek( probably not cause of the robes) or even a version from the movies
  • Romulan Picard
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Captain TJ wrote: »
    OMG, if it is a Romulan . . . I just remembered how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get those stupid no star Romulan Emblams. It takes 24 chorons for the “most-likely” drop and it’s only a 2/5 chance of a drop. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️☹️ It’s gonna take a ridiculous amount of replicator rations just to level this crew member up. 😓

Oh, you mean these? Yeah, plan on running that Sunday/Tuesday Cadet challenge mission exclusively for a few weeks. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Captain TJ wrote: »
    OMG, if it is a Romulan . . . I just remembered how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get those stupid no star Romulan Emblams. It takes 24 chorons for the “most-likely” drop and it’s only a 2/5 chance of a drop. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️☹️ It’s gonna take a ridiculous amount of replicator rations just to level this crew member up. 😓

And that is why you should now start dedicating your Cadets to getting them :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    hciplo37s8oi.jpg

Surak.

Nah, this is Surak.

gl75pcmu9fh4.jpg

Old Surak is the real Surak from Ent when Archer had Surak's Katra.

Young Surak is an image of what the Excalbians thought Surak might look like, and could be as accurate as their representation of Kahless.

Old Surak is older, wiser, and has passed his teachings on. Hopefully it is Old Surak.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young Surak is an image of what the the Excalbians thought Surak might look like, and could be as accurate as their representation of Kahless.

It's actually based on what Kirk and Spock thought Surak was like. They scanned Kirk and Spock's minds.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Screen time and number of episodes they appeared has absolutely no bearing on whether they become a Legendary, rare or uncommon in STT,

There are legendary crew that never even appeared in any episodes or films. Mirror Data, C.O.P. Founder Picard, Avaitor Yar. The are some who had minor appearances like Mirror Shukar.

There are crew like Captain Kirk and Enterprise-D Picard who have uncommon cards, yet were legendary in the TV series and films.

Screen time and number of episodes they appeared has absolutely no bearing on whether they become a Legendary, rare or uncommon in STT,

There are legendary crew that never even appeared in any episodes or films. Mirror Data, C.O.P. Founder Picard, Avaitor Yar. The are some who had minor appearances like Mirror Shukar.

There are crew like Captain Kirk and Enterprise-D Picard who have uncommon cards, yet were legendary in the TV series and films.

I am not discussing STT character cards. The thread says prepare for the arrival of a legend. Legend is a strong word. I am not talking about actors or performances. If I have a character card in front of me for a specific character, that character needs to have saved a planet or something and appeared in the Star Trek television / movie universe in a significant form. I am not being shown a William Shatner card for example. I am being shown a Captain Kirk card who was legendary in the ST television and movie universe. You need to separate the two when discussing characters because some actors played multiple characters in the ST universe. Great performances in many ways but some characters legendary and some not.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    uhq5uzbzh0hc.png

“Vulcan has no moon.”
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    uhq5uzbzh0hc.png

“Vulcan has no moon.”

maybe this new character is so legendary in his awesomeness, that he brings his own moon where ever he goes!!