Home Engineering Room
Options

My HMS Bounty's cloak is broken

I went up against a fully leveled T'Ong, but even while cloaked, they managed to deal significant damage to my ship. The weird part is, from what i could see no phasers or torpedoes were fired from them while i was cloaked, their abilites did go off but the only way it showed was in the major loss of all shields and hull strength. I might submit a ticket but it really isnt worth bothering CS's time to only get probably one extra arena ticket. Just hoping it gets fixed.

Comments

• Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    It couldn't have been boarding damage?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Jassada wrote: »

No, the T'Ong can't board, though i never understood how you still lost Hull strength from boarding when cloaked, if the enemy cant see your ship, then they shouldnt be able to board your ship...makes no sense!
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

No, the T'Ong can't board, though i never understood how you still lost Hull strength from boarding when cloaked, if the enemy cant see your ship, then they shouldnt be able to board your ship...makes no sense!

If they are already on your ship being cloaked is not going to stop them from messing with the warp core or blowing out a bulkhead
  • Options
    Hunter247 wrote: »

If they are already on your ship being cloaked is not going to stop them from messing with the warp core or blowing out a bulkhead

But even if i have the cloak already engaged, they still manage to 'beam over' before it its shut down.
  • Options
    Anyway back to the main topic, i hope this gets fixed before the T'Ong becomes a popular ship with its addition to the loot table.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also seen this happen with the T'ong against my cloaked Bounty, so you're not crazy. (Well, not about this anyway.)

I haven't looked too closely at how the T'ong works, but I've always assumed that it's got some sort of weird shot that takes longer than normal to finish. So if it fired before the cloak is hit, it still registers after the fact. That's how it looks anyway.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    I've also seen this happen with the T'ong against my cloaked Bounty, so you're not crazy. (Well, not about this anyway.)

Thanks...i think
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

Thanks...i think
    ;)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed occasions where shots fired by the opponent as I engage the cloak will still hit me even after the cloak is up. It’s why I cloak well before any instant damage crew on the opposing ship are activated.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping because this is still a thing.

I've noticed that it's more prevalent when going against Killy, but that could just be my imagination.

Most of the time they just keep shooting when I cloak, but once I saw them stop shooting and then start shooting again a full second and a half before the cloak ended.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darxide wrote: »
    Bumping because this is still a thing.

I've noticed that it's more prevalent when going against Killy, but that could just be my imagination.

Most of the time they just keep shooting when I cloak, but once I saw them stop shooting and then start shooting again a full second and a half before the cloak ended.

I think that has to do with the fact that Killy's initialization matches the cloak's. So when there's that extra hit that the T'Ong gets after you cloak, it's a massive one, and that is indeed more noticeable.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    One thing your all missing is the sound effects. While you are cloaked against the T'Ong you here shots being fired at you. You do not here any of that against other ships. I think this is an indication that are cloaks are inactive.

Also stop talking about the T'Ong having boarding damage. It does not.

The accuracy ship ability has instant damage. The ship also has cloaking. The final evasion ability is hull repair with two three uses.

I almost never lose a battle against it. How? I cloak just before it's accuracy ship ability.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    One thing your all missing is the sound effects. While you are cloaked against the T'Ong you here shots being fired at you. You do not here any of that against other ships. I think this is an indication that are cloaks are inactive.

Also stop talking about the T'Ong having boarding damage. It does not.

The accuracy ship ability has instant damage. The ship also has cloaking. The final evasion ability is hull repair with two three uses.

I almost never lose a battle against it. How? I cloak just before it's accuracy ship ability.

Wait... are you telling me this game has sound effects? ;) Are you sure?
  • Options
    Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The cloaks for the Bounty and the 2* Klingon ship are broken. Sometimes they work but from what I’ve experienced and seen via the forum, they DON’T work about 70% of the time now. I’ve mentioned this in another thread before and so have others. In fact, this is the third or fourth thread about this issue and we’ve still had no response from DB. Guess I’ll, have to be brave and weather a ticket.

EDIT: I submitted a CS ticket. Now I wait.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Here’s an update, though not much of one. I submitted a ticket and got a response. The following is most of what I was told, leaving out parts that don’t really matter.

“We have yet to receive widespread reports of this issue, however based on your report we will monitor for data specific to this issue, and submit any findings to the QA Team for investigation.

In the meantime, I recommend restarting your app if you have not already, as this can alleviate a variety of minor issues.

I would also like to add 10 Arena Ticket to your account to apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly relaunch the STT game to view this as an in-game mail.”

Yep. Basically, restart your game and have some Arena tickets. That’s it. Apparently CS people don’t talk to each other because I know at least one other person has submitted a similar ticket, but oh well. There’s not a lot we can do for now but hope that the issues somehow resolves itself.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The cloak on my Bounty seems to work well regardless of opponent as long as I don’t try to cut it too close when activating before my opponent’s T’Kuvma or Mirror Phlox are activated. I did have one match against a T’Ong the other day but since I don’t fight many of them I didn’t pay attention to the ship’s insta-damage skill and definitely did not cloak in time.

Edit: the cloak on my 2* BoP also seems to work fine. Forgot to mention.
  • Options
    Is not the cloak of the Bounty but something with the T'Ong.
    I got hit way after cloaking and this only happens when I'm facing that ship.
    tdczk4edyfnc.png
    @Shan
  • Options
    I’ve noticed every time I use the T’Ong that she fires on the opposing vessel while cloaked. Maybe it’s just the T’Ong hitting me while I’m cloaked or it was a spate of glitches. Doesn’t matter because I’ve switched to using the T’Ong instead of the Bounty for now.
  • Options
    tdczk4edyfnc.png
    @Shan

I see your problem...you're fighting against TWO ships =P
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    What I have noticed, and this may not be correct, but cloaks may disable if you hit an attack boost or accuracy boost crew while cloaked... just like the Romulans say, we will come out of cloak and fire immediately.... thats practically what you are doing!...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Raijinmeister
    Only thing active on his Bounty is the Cloak. Cloak is still active because the Cloak icon is displayed above his ship stats.
    2 seconds displayed on cloak and hit by T'Ong Shields down.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that it’s not just me...
  • Options
    tdczk4edyfnc.png
    @Shan

I see your problem...you're fighting against TWO ships =P

It's a bug that happens when I'm playing using the T'Ong as the main ship. Sometimes the model vanishes from the screen but when I'm on space battles in the arena the model reappears near the enemy. XD
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    the second clue that it is broken, is the number of people parking T'ong's in the arena with the hopes the bug will make them defend successfully more.
  • Options
    Okay the same thing happened today in the Commander Arena with my Bird of Prey. I hit the cloak, and the Vulcan ship just kept pounding away with phasers as if I hadn't done anything.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »
    the second clue that it is broken, is the number of people parking T'ong's in the arena with the hopes the bug will make them defend successfully more.

Or the fact that, even before the bug, it was the strongest ship for burst strategies. I mean, that might be a reason too.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »

Or the fact that, even before the bug, it was the strongest ship for burst strategies. I mean, that might be a reason too.

... and practicing for Skirmish events. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Interesting this has happened to me so many times I thought the T'ong had a feature to defeat cloak did not realize it was a bug!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm the T'ong punches through all shields, not just the BOP, my T'ong gets hit when cloaked as well