Home Engineering Room
Options

My HMS Bounty's cloak is broken

13»

Comments

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happens. I guess they have no intention of EVER fixing this, just like the sound issue and equipment issue. This has become a designed, intended feature.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I caught off in surprise with my T'Ong from the cloak bug yet managed to win the battle. The opposite player used T'Ong with three instant damage crew aboard.

Don't want the bug to happen again to waste my arena tokens.

Has this happened recently, as after the server release which took place on 09/11?

Yes this is still happening and its frustrating as hell. I raised a ticket on it a while ago with a video as well. Any update on this Shan?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Ya I timed the hits on my HMS Bounty from T'Ong.
    My cloak duration was 1+ sec long.
    I think someone thought the slower shooting T'Ong should be allowed to still hit the Bounty even after cloaked. Got my ships mixed up.

I watched my Bounty in another battle take two shots while cloaked. The last shot destroyed me.

I usually win battles against it by making sure my cloak is active before that T'Ong instant damage. So I have not bothered posting on it anymore until I saw this post today.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still happens periodically to me. I use T’Ong and today I was up against another T’Ong. I engaged cloak as soon as available and was hit three times whilst cloaked. It is very annoying and needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    The only reason people are using the T’ong is because that stupid bug. I understand somehow landing shots that were fired before the cloak engagement land due to the graphics lag. But the stupid T’ong is in a league of its own.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason people are using the T’ong is because that stupid bug. I understand somehow landing shots that were fired before the cloak engagement land due to the graphics lag. But the stupid T’ong is in a league of its own.

I find they go down as easily as any other ship against my H.M.S. Bounty. Timing the cloak is everything: don’t try to cut it too close against Killy, T’Kuvma, or the T’Ong’s magnetic pulse, or you will be disappointed. It’s not altogether different from timing the cloak in Commander division battles...don’t wait too long or your opponent’s Kang will make you pay for your hesitation.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I think the observation about the opponent having instant-damage crew is spot-on as a source of the bug issue. I'll try to pay more attention, but since I'm usually watching my cloak timer when I get smoked, I'm not 100% sure what the opponent is doing. I just know that there's no way I should be getting blown up.

Hello, younger version of me. Just wanted to check in from the future to let you know that the T'Ong cloak-busting bug is still not fixed. In my timeline, you have stubbornly continued to use the Bounty because you prefer it. You really should reconsider this decision, as it will be truly frustrating if you don't. Best of luck buddy!
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭

I find they go down as easily as any other ship against my H.M.S. Bounty. Timing the cloak is everything: don’t try to cut it too close against Killy, T’Kuvma, or the T’Ong’s magnetic pulse, or you will be disappointed. It’s not altogether different from timing the cloak in Commander division battles...don’t wait too long or your opponent’s Kang will make you pay for your hesitation.

You shouldn't have to add timing to a bug, to your arena strategy. Stop justifying an obvious bug.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »

You shouldn't have to add timing to a bug, to your arena strategy. Stop justifying an obvious bug.

Wow, touchy. Even if the bug didn’t exist, don’t wait too long to pop the cloak...it’s really not hard.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem.

I usually skip ships with Killy when possible. When not, i cloak as soon as my cloak it;s available.
    Even if the enemy T'Ong doesn't have a Killy this still happens. I'm cloaked for like two seconds and then my shields and half my hull goes away.

And no, i have nothing active.

I opened a ticket a while ago and i was told boarding doesn't care about the cloak.
    Well, tong doesn't have boarding.

That ship it's totally messed up and the top 500 is full of them. It's a pain.
  • Options
    I've noticed the same thing going on. I've just been making sure to trigger the cloak as soon as possible vs. Killy and waiting it out. I've had decent success with it.

If several of us submit tickets at the same time, would it help?
  • Options
    Bump bump de bump bump. @Shan still an issue, any update at all?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bumping necessary. If I had any update I would have provided it.
  • Options
    Same problem here. I think the observation about the opponent having instant-damage crew is spot-on as a source of the bug issue. I'll try to pay more attention, but since I'm usually watching my cloak timer when I get smoked, I'm not 100% sure what the opponent is doing. I just know that there's no way I should be getting blown up.

Hello, younger version of me. Just wanted to check in from the future to let you know that the T'Ong cloak-busting bug is still not fixed. In my timeline, you have stubbornly continued to use the Bounty because you prefer it. You really should reconsider this decision, as it will be truly frustrating if you don't. Best of luck buddy!

I suppose it’s all ok because the cloak on the T’Ong doesn’t fully work either.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only think it's part of a lag issue, because similarly on a number of occasions when I pop my heavy hitters it sometimes takes several seconds later for them to apply themselves.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Congrats DB more than 1 year and there is no fix or any updates about this bug.