Home Engineering Room
Options

My HMS Bounty's cloak is broken

Comments

• Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the fun of it I took a video showing me waiting until the T'ong engaged cloak, I followed suit after the T'ong stopped firing under cloak, then the T'ong resumed firing while I was still under cloak and should have still been safe. I guess since the Bounty is technically a Klingon ship the T'ong can penetrate cloak?
  • Options
    Please this asap, its clearly broken.
  • Options
    I caught off in surprise with my T'Ong from the cloak bug yet managed to win the battle. The opposite player used T'Ong with three instant damage crew aboard.

Don't want the bug to happen again to waste my arena tokens.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught off in surprise with my T'Ong from the cloak bug yet managed to win the battle. The opposite player used T'Ong with three instant damage crew aboard.

Has this happened recently, as after the server release which took place on 09/11?
  • Options
    Dane 'Glynn FuryDane 'Glynn Fury ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This happened to me just now, so yes, it is happening as we speak, as of 9/17/2018 @ 5:10 eastern
    This happened on Steam, but also happened earlier on my Android device.
    I don't typically see it happen with Killy, but definitely with T'Kuvma on the T'Ong.
  • Options
    +1

1. My Bounty has also been hit (and destroyed) by a T'Ong while cloaking was active
    2. I lost many, many other battles, because I got destroyed by a lethal hit in the same second when I activated the cloaking device.

Regards,
    Magnum
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Has this happened recently, as after the server release which took place on 09/11?

Literally just happened right now. Got so mad I came here to complain. Found this thread still floating at the top. It also happened TWICE yesterday.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the fun of it I took a video showing me waiting until the T'ong engaged cloak, I followed suit after the T'ong stopped firing under cloak, then the T'ong resumed firing while I was still under cloak and should have still been safe. I guess since the Bounty is technically a Klingon ship the T'ong can penetrate cloak?

I forgot to ask earlier, would you happen to still have the video?
    If yes, could share it here or via a ticket please? :) Thanks!
  • Options
    kip cipkip cip ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    yep happens to me many times now, T`ong is ignoring the cloak of my ship. android and steam verisons of the game the same thing happens.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sadly do not have video evidence but this has happened to me as well, almost more frequently after the changes than before.
  • Options
    kip cipkip cip ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Also didnt this hms bounty should have the klingon treat? :D isn`t a klingon ship despite wass stolen by Kirk?
  • Options
    Kip,

This has been discussed many of times. The ship is owned by whos flag it is flying. There for since it is the HMS Bounty, it is a Federation ship, not a Klingon Ship.
  • Options
    T'Ong is a beast; I hadn't noticed your problems as I'm using ISS ... but I regularly get most of my ship handed to me in small pieces ... #1 is still *possible* for me; though!
  • Options
    Just checking in with my two cents. My friend and I both experience this, and agree it started after the update that added new ship abilities. While well and truly under cloak, we're taking damage when some enemy toons fire their ability - as near as I can tell it's just the insta damage ones. For the record, yes we both understand how cloaks work and are using them correctly.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I think the observation about the opponent having instant-damage crew is spot-on as a source of the bug issue. I'll try to pay more attention, but since I'm usually watching my cloak timer when I get smoked, I'm not 100% sure what the opponent is doing. I just know that there's no way I should be getting blown up.
  • Options
    As mentioned in previous post, I have seen this bug when in battle with my HMS Bounty vs the T'Ong many times, and submitted tickets. I finally saw two interesting responses from CS:

1) One explained the new ship abilities, however, none of them apply to the T'Ong, nor do any provide the ability to ignore cloaking.

2) I was informed that "any instant damage and boarding skills can go through cloaking." How does instant damage hit you if the ship is "untargetable?" The ticket was subsequently closed which leads me to believe that submitting tickets to report an issue like this is a waste of time.

I have not seen instant damage affect any cloaked ships other than the HMS Bounty. Has anyone else?
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    It maybe perception but in my experience if I proc Cloak before T'Ong's "Fire Magnetic Pulse" then it works properly and no amount of T'Kuvmas hit me. If I activate it AFTER though... it may as well be no Cloak at all.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭

Yes, I've noticed it not as bad as it once was a few months back (ie when T'ong was first released) .. and in fact, I've been able to fight vs T'ong ships, and still win (before winning was almost impossible) ... but I still see myself getting tagged while cloak is up .. *WELL* after cloak is activated ... getting clipped.

So yeah, it's improved .. but it's still "glitching" there . somewhere .. just not as bad as it once was.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »

Yes, I've noticed it not as bad as it once was a few months back (ie when T'ong was first released) .. and in fact, I've been able to fight vs T'ong ships, and still win (before winning was almost impossible) ... but I still see myself getting tagged while cloak is up .. *WELL* after cloak is activated ... getting clipped.

So yeah, it's improved .. but it's still "glitching" there . somewhere .. just not as bad as it once was.

You know what’s funny? Before the ship ability changes I never really noticed these sorts of problems with the T’Ong. Now they seem to happen with alarming frequency, although I still end up winning more of these battles than I lose.
  • Options
    kip cipkip cip ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    So the 1st time this bug wass in atention to DB wass 29 March, and now after half a year the bug still is there, and ppl stil complaining about it. GJ DB!!
  • Options
    It happened again: raised shields - received deadly hit 1 second later.
  • Options
    Haha - another occurrence today: Bounty vs Bounty - dramatically hit through raised shields.
  • Options
    Fix the damn T'ong it still fires thru cloacks even after 1 server update and several client updates...
  • Options

Fix the damn T'ong it still fires thru cloacks even after 1 server update and several client updates...

A fleetmate brought this up awhile ago. He was told by CS that certain characters (like T’Kuvma) with instant damage attacks are intended to cut through the cloak. I am not sure if a clear answer has ever really been given in the Forums on the issue?

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

He was told by CS that certain characters (like T’Kuvma) with instant damage attacks are intended to cut through the cloak.

How does that make sense? Does T'Kvuma now have an "All Seeing Eye" that penetrates cloaks?!?!

<bewilderment not directed at you, @SoupKitchen Riker . Just at the response you got from CS>
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options

A fleetmate brought this up awhile ago. He was told by CS that certain characters (like T’Kuvma) with instant damage attacks are intended to cut through the cloak. I am not sure if a clear answer has ever really been given in the Forums on the issue?

This cs response...has to be...SOME OFF THE BIGGEST BS I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A CS REP!!! And ive heard my fair share!!!
  • Options

This cs response...has to be...SOME OFF THE BIGGEST BS I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM A CS REP!!! And ive heard my fair share!!!

Oh, I don't mind if that's CS response. Just back it up by giving T'Kvuma the "Exhaust_Sniffer" trait and make sure that anyone else who can do this has that trait applied.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Captain Q wrote: »

Oh, I don't mind if that's CS response. Just back it up by giving T'Kvuma the "Exhaust_Sniffer" trait and make sure that anyone else who can do this has that trait applied.

Okay, that might be better but i still think that if a ship is cloaked, it cant be fired at. The description of the ship ability 'cloak' doesnt say "ship is untargetable unless certain crew are used". It says "ship is untargetable". Regardless thats why i use a ff/fe delta flyer paris and use it while under cloak, because i cant trust the cloak system anymore!
  • Options
    So "Instant Damage" Crew work against a cloaked opponent?
    Oh yes, only the T'Ong has ever hit me once the cloak is up and today I noticed it was the EMP Ship ability that triggered it. (All shields and most hull gone in one hit while still cloaked...) So, this is Still going on, which is probably why so many in the highest rankings have this ship.
  • Options
    I went up against a fully leveled T'Ong, but even while cloaked, they managed to deal significant damage to my ship. The weird part is, from what i could see no phasers or torpedoes were fired from them while i was cloaked, their abilites did go off but the only way it showed was in the major loss of all shields and hull strength. I might submit a ticket but it really isnt worth bothering CS's time to only get probably one extra arena ticket. Just hoping it gets fixed.

Same here. I've been seeing this happen for months. I'll hit cloak on my HMS Bounty and two seconds in the T'Ong still hits me for massive damage. Its been a serious pain because most of the time it does it with T'Kuvma active and basically two-shots me to death.