Home The Bridge

Gauntlet Trait Combination Occurrences

2»

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next, run a spreadsheet of if the skill combo comes up ENG-DIP or DIP-ENG. With the AND shuttles coming up bugged, PRI / SEC skill might be something we have all been ignoring in Gauntlet.

Much as I hate to disappoint Captain Caveman, that's a request someone else is gonna have to fulfill. I've been cutting back on some of the data I've been collecting. Expanding ain't in the cards.
    By the way, I must be on the opposite schedule as you. I got the guinan gauntlet: el-aurian, marksman, communicator

Yeah, you must be on Schedule B. That's curious, because on Schedule A, we've only had that trio once!
  • Mine is ending today. If you want, I can start sending you my gauntlets
    Mine is ending today. If you want, I can start sending you my gauntlets

Thanks for the offer, but I'm only tracking Schedule A since I've been keeping that data since launch, since that's the one I'm on. There is, however, a page on the Wiki that I'm sure would appreciate your contributions!

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Gauntlet/2018
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Awesome work you are doing!

Just one note: Fierce Guinan also gets 65% for the Bartender, El-Aurian, Empath gauntlet (not the other Guinan gauntlet though; she doesn't have Marksman unlike 5* Guinan)
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Bartender, El-Aurian, Empath again after it being the 5/14 gauntlet. Not that I'm complaining. 😀
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Awesome work you are doing!

Just one note: Fierce Guinan also gets 65% for the Bartender, El-Aurian, Empath gauntlet (not the other Guinan gauntlet though; she doesn't have Marksman unlike 5* Guinan)

Thanks for catching that!
    Got Bartender, El-Aurian, Empath again after it being the 5/14 gauntlet. Not that I'm complaining. 😀

Yeah, I think we were all a little baffled by that back-to-back. It has happened before, though:

Borg, Brutal, Human (5/4 & 6/17)
    Borg, Prodigy, Quantum Mechanics (5/18 & 20/17)
    Innovator, Resourceful, Vulcan (10/20 & 22/17)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I restarted to make sure it isn't a bug ... come on!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

When only my Guinan has all the bonuses, the gauntlet isn't that fun to me.
    I like my bonus traits to be spread across a few different characters at the very least.
    Mainly if I participated I'd have Guinan 65% and all my other characters just a plain ol' 5%.
    So I'm sitting this one out until the new gauntlet pops up tomorrow.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

When only my Guinan has all the bonuses, the gauntlet isn't that fun to me.
    I like my bonus traits to be spread across a few different characters at the very least.
    Mainly if I participated I'd have Guinan 65% and all my other characters just a plain ol' 5%.
    So I'm sitting this one out until the new gauntlet pops up tomorrow.

Completely agreed! This is awful to see the same one twice. I was telling myself the past few days, "Man, I'll be glad when this one is over." :/

And even worse for those people without Guinan.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • So... I can’t find a record of today’s trait combination having occurred before, anywhere:
    geqboenpojzh.png

Do we think they might have added new ones?
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I can’t find a record of today’s trait combination having occurred before, anywhere:
    geqboenpojzh.png

Do we think they might have added new ones?

Bout time!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would Minuet do against these trait combos? Seems like her stats mean that her primary use will be in gauntlet.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • @Matt_Decker She would have 25% crit on this one, so no indication that a "Minuet Gauntlet" has been created yet (compared to those Guinan Gauntlets...)

But it does raise an interesting question. It seems like they used to do event-specific Gauntlet trait sets, but it's been a long while since they did. Could this trait combination be a temporary addition, or has it entered the permanent selection set?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still run into the themed gauntlets trailed in the Borg Mega somewhat frequently. Several for 65% Locutus and a fair share of 45%s for 7 and LaBorgie. I like the idea of themed gauntlets to go along with events or megas, but it seems like all that's really happened is a few small sets of 65%s targeted for a single crew.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @Captain_Who Hmmm, you're right. I didn't cotton on to it until now (it happened before my time), but the ones marked as "Event" on the wiki in 2017 seem to have indeed stuck around:

Apr: Section 31, Constable, Spiritual
    May: Human, Borg, Brutal (Locutus/Drone Seven)
    May: Quantum Mechanics, Borg, Prodigy
    Jul: Klingon, Hero, Dahar Master
    Jul: Klingon, Investigator, Cultural Figure
    Jul: Klingon, Geneticist, Desperate (Antaak)
    Jul: Klingon, Survivalist, Interrogator

And this newest one seems to be aimed at a holographic Geordi?
    The new one on my schedule is Brutal, Prodigy, Mirror Universe, which is also a combination I didn't encounter during the time that I tracked all this. I rather fancy the notion that new combos are in circulation, especially if they help make some crew members more viable through multiple bonuses.
  • Have to say also, excellent work.
    I was very interested about traits history in the gauntlet since I felt they were a little repetitive at times and was going to post on here for DB to maybe look at it and try changing or adding a few you don't really see much. Spice it up a bit!
    Such as primal, automated unit, etc... along with the one crews whose trait is race specific like Neelix(Mylean, Talaxian) or Gorn(only 1 card)
    I'm tired of seeing the wall of Picards or Suraks, some way to bringing them down a notch by bring the critical percentage up for other cards against them.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I'm tired of seeing the wall of Picards or Suraks, some way to bringing them down a notch by bring the critical percentage up for other cards against them.

They need better Sci/Com as well to do this. Two of the stronger Sci/Com crew (Yarnek and Mirror T'Pol) are outclassed by Surak (Yarnek can beat Surak in a straight fight I think, but Surak's Dip is so much stronger). Doctor Chaotica only has Sci/Com, making him more niche. The Keeper has similar stats to Mirror Picard, but with Sci/Med/Com instead of Com/Sec/Sci, so there's a good choice. Just not good traits. And my current gauntlet is Science with Prodigy, Mirror Universe, and Brutal. This was just made for Mirror Picard.

I would like for them to have a list of common/uncommon traits (like Starfleet or Hero), make 3 categories with one for race/faction (Vulcan, Starfleet, Borg), one for occupation/skill traits (Astrophysicist, Chef, Jury Rigger, Tactician; perhaps tied to the featured skill like Jury Rigger and Eng could be), and one for personal/character traits (Gambler, Hero, Telepath, Veteran), and the game picks a random trait from each of the categories. So we could end up with Vulcan, Duelist, Gambler with Security, or Hologram, Astrophysicist, Veteran with Science. You end up with strange combos, like there aren't too many Vulcans with Security (Tuvok and Valeris come to mind), much less Duelist and Gambler, but there are a lot of Sec with Duelist. It would spice things up and maybe encourage the use of certain crew that you would never use with the current setup, like Captain Nog in a Com gauntlet with Ferengi and Inspiring or One in an Eng gauntlet with Borg and Hero.
  • @Travis S McClain And today that same new combo appears on our schedule:

68y8kqbcwqya.png

If it were a random draw from the full selection, what are the chances?
  • de8u8hipkqvo.png

Another new one?

The closest existing one I could find, is Costumed, Duelist, Veteran.
  • edited October 2018
    de8u8hipkqvo.png

Another new one?

The closest existing one I could find, is Costumed, Duelist, Veteran.

I couldve sworn ive seen that combo before...but i could be wrong!
    The new one for my schedule is a MED Gauntlet with the traits: Cultural Figure, Hologram, Inspiring. They have definitely introduced new combinations, and I am here for it. Time to earn your keep, Leonardo da Vinci!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new one for my schedule is a MED Gauntlet with the traits: Cultural Figure, Hologram, Inspiring. They have definitely introduced new combinations, and I am here for it. Time to earn your keep, Leonardo da Vinci!

Or as I like to call it, the gauntlet where streaks go to die. This is gonna be a wall of 45 and 65% Crits. That said, it’s time for goddess of empathy Troi to do her thing too.
  • The new one for my schedule is a MED Gauntlet with the traits: Cultural Figure, Hologram, Inspiring. They have definitely introduced new combinations, and I am here for it. Time to earn your keep, Leonardo da Vinci!

Looks like Schedule B (I think I'm on B at the moment?!) is again following with the same combination one day later. Definitely not random draws, then.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you'll resume tracking for this thread? I've found it a valuable resource in the past.