Home The Bridge

Father of Logic Offers - bring them back

13»

Comments

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on !
    I would have bought the $10 Amanda pack, and my wife too !

DB, bring em back.
    I bought the 10$ Amanda Grayson pack. Got Two McCoy plus one more Amanda plus an extra behold which put another star on the Klingon Obama!

Wait, what? Klingon Obama?!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on !

DB, bring em back.
    I bought the 10$ Amanda Grayson pack. Got Two McCoy plus one more Amanda plus an extra behold which put another star on the Klingon Obama!

I assume he means Commander Barak.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Oh come on !

DB, bring em back.

I assume he means Commander Barak.

I still want Klingon Fonzie.
    “Aaaayyyyyy !”
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hb3c4xixf00r.png

Or are we rioting?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    hb3c4xixf00r.png

Or are we rioting?

It doesn't matter that they're offering this now.
    The damage was that some people got to buy it two days ago, got to level her up in advance and had chances at the Spock. (Some got him via the deal). ((Then it's pulled, the rest of us could not do the same)) Putting it up now doesn't alleviate the damage done.
    Anyone who bought it has an advantage that others were robbed of by a DB programming error.

This is no different then when the Holodeck event with Aracnia Janeway re ran last time.

There was a DB programming error that allowed some players to gain an advantage because some of the missions were spitting out more VP for loses then victories.

They made it right by allowing players who could have had their rank lowered do to the advantage given to the players who exploited this VP bug The ability / right to contact CS and reparations were made.

This is not that different.
    DB error favoring some and harming others at the start of an event.

They could have just put the pack back up instantly. You can take it down that quick Dam right you can put it back up just as quick.

They didn't.
    They dug they're heels in and put players at a disadvantage and cost themselves good will.

It's totally soured my feelings about this specific event, the month as a whole and the company at large unless they do something to make this right.

And you can call me over dramatic or over reacting if you want, but ask the guy who posted on her 2 or 3 weeks ago what it feels like to be 1001. Then think, what if that happens because if this mistake.

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'm not a DB apologist and I didn't have Amanda until I hit the threshold. But I'm ranked 200 and I doubt anyone is in front of me because they had a 1/4 Amanda as a head start. Additionally, if you did get her on Wednesday and leveled her, you would be missing out on the free equipment. It's not like thousands of people bought the offer during the minute it was active.

If the argument was that you got chronitons and it was a galaxy event, I could maybe see that. But I don't judge. Just wanted everyone to know that she would be offered and she was.
    We all knew she would be, that was never in question. It's formula.

The point is the time to level her up, and the other two pulls that came with her could contain a Spock (and did for some)

And He, powered up would make a big difference.

Getting a Spock, a McCoy and and Amanda from that $10 deal was very possible

That's the advantage some got that others didn't two days ago.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

The point is the time to level her up, and the other two pulls that came with her could contain a Spock (and did for some)

But getting a Spock, a McCoy and an Amanda from the $10 McCoy deal that remained available was very possible as well. In fact, that's exactly what I got.
    robownage wrote: »

But getting a Spock, a McCoy and an Amanda from the $10 McCoy deal that remained available was very possible as well. In fact, that's exactly what I got.

Absolutely very possible and congrats, it's sweet thanks you hit the jackpot.

As I already had the McCoy but didn't have the Amanda (obviously, no one did before that hour) that would have been the pack for me and was for a number of others. I don't begrudge any player at all in this. (If some how I'm giving that vibe off, it is not intended)

My gripe is the error and the non reaction of DB to it. Again.
  • wait.. so some lucky people got 2 spocks for $50 but other ppl spent $100?
    wait.. so some lucky people got 2 spocks for $50 but other ppl spent $100?

... Not quite sure where that came from, but thinking about it, yeah kinda.

Sone could have bought 1 star of Spock for $50 I think is the US price then doubled him up for I think $25 so some people got 2 stars for $75 versus those that paid $100 and didn't double him up.
  • wait.. so some lucky people got 2 spocks for $50 but other ppl spent $100?

... Not quite sure where that came from, but thinking about it, yeah kinda.

Sone could have bought 1 star of Spock for $50 I think is the US price then doubled him up for I think $25 so some people got 2 stars for $75 versus those that paid $100 and didn't double him up.

OP mentioned below.
    Maybe option #2 was typo and for 1 spock?

The offers were something like this:
    1. $100 USD for 2 Spocks + credits/chrons/boosts/packs
    2. $50 USD for 2 Spocks + credits/chrons/boosts/packs (now gone)
    3. $25 USD for 2 Amanda Grayson + credits/chrons/boosts/packs
    4. $10 USD for 1 Amanda Grayson + credits/chrons/boosts/packs (now gone)
    5. $25 USD for 2 Katra McCoy + credits/chrons/boosts/packs (now gone)
    6. $10 USD for 1 Katra McCoy + credits/chrons/boosts/packs
  • Thank you DB for both 4* this faction event in $9.99 event offers.
    ~ seeking out new life