I can only start this off with..
Wow !

Looking forward to seeing the numbers.

Any other significant changes?

Can't wait till Monday :)

Comments

• Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh ohhh II have a question for either Shan or the first person on Facebook or steam who sees the changes..

Are the odds displayed in stars like the mission picker, or are there actual numbers ? Lol
    (Had to ask!)
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    If it’s stars or pips it won’t mean a thing
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    1.27% for a legendary...
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    looks pretty minor to me, it's all well and good having percentages of rarity drop for these packs, but the list of who is actually in the pack is missing, not all of them are on the cover art - don't think that is a great improvement if you ask me.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Those also appear to be the odds for any given slot, versus the odds for, say, a 10-pack as a whole. Especially since the 10x packs, which are what most people will purchase, guarantee one super-rare (specific to the event in the case of event packs).
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the packs came with more guaranteed drops. It gets frustrating to buy a 10x10 and come away with <2 (sometimes none) legendary crew, only to see other people post pictures of multiple legendary crew in a single pack.

I would be more inclined to buy packs more often if I knew I would get a set number of 4* crew, 5* crew, 3* crew, ship schematics, etc... My dollars/dilithium are equal to other players, yet I often feel as though I'm not getting equal value. I understand that premium packs currently say "at least 1 crew that is at least a 4*", but the range of actual returns across the 10 slots in a single 10-pack is far too variable for my liking.
  • Options
    There's no odds given in a 10 pack ?
    They break it down slot by slot ?

(Thanks for the pic)
  • Options
    It makes sense to provide the odds per pull since you can purchase a single pull and then do the math for a 10x

And no wild surprise, 88% chance no legendary which has been extensively tested and been borne out by tests in the wild.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work DB! We can all agree that increased transparency is better for the community and I hope that your metrics going forwards reflect this.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Those also appear to be the odds for any given slot, versus the odds for, say, a 10-pack as a whole. Especially since the 10x packs, which are what most people will purchase, guarantee one super-rare (specific to the event in the case of event packs).

I would presume in the case of a 10 pack you would get a 5/6 chance of getting a purple and a 1/6 getting a gold. It's still quite misleading because we all have witnessed that more than 1 legendary or purple can drop in a 10 pack before at some point.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing the % doesn t change anything, nor can you varify for urself if the announced drop rates are correct or not, without doing 1000 pulls.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Yeah, the ten pack odds are two variable sets..
    Guaranteed slot drop between purple / gold and then all subsequent slots.

So for 10 packs, this is only half the information..
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way the 10 pack likely works, perform 9 single pulls, check the results, if there is a 4* do another single pull, if there are no 4*s do a pull of just 4*.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I wish the packs came with more guaranteed drops. It gets frustrating to buy a 10x10 and come away with <2 (sometimes none) legendary crew, only to see other people post pictures of multiple legendary crew in a single pack.

I would be more inclined to buy packs more often if I knew I would get a set number of 4* crew, 5* crew, 3* crew, ship schematics, etc... My dollars/dilithium are equal to other players, yet I often feel as though I'm not getting equal value. I understand that premium packs currently say "at least 1 crew that is at least a 4*", but the range of actual returns across the 10 slots in a single 10-pack is far too variable for my liking.

Pity timers exist in lots of games and should in this one too. It would encourage spending while only providing "extra" value to people who would be otherwise shafted on a significant purchase (guaranteed 5* per 10 or 15 packs) and would likely be gun-shy about further purchases.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long needed addition. Well done.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    except the update absolutely trashed the game - gauntlet broken, voyages broken, freezes the entire computer
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I’m down completely...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    See Engineering Room - it should be back up now.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    glvli3jrurpb.jpeg

For those interested in the odds on the merit pull and basic pull as well. FYI the odds for the Uber expensive 6500 DIL pull are 90% super rare and 10% legendary.

EDIT: For the basic pull, it’s 6.14% basic equipment and 76.04% basic components with tiny odds for 1-3*. Plus 1.28% for each of 1-3* ship schematics.

The screenshots are very interesting, thank you. Do you have any more? Maybe shuttle boosts, gauntlet or Dabo? Many thanks!
  • Options
    Sooo... Is it too early to ask for a StarBase room that boosts the odds of good things dropping? ;D :P
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Pity timers exist in lots of games and should in this one too. It would encourage spending while only providing "extra" value to people who would be otherwise shafted on a significant purchase (guaranteed 5* per 10 or 15 packs) and would likely be gun-shy about further purchases.

Fire Emblem Heroes has that, and I like it. It definitely encourages me to spend more. They have the "pity rate" affixed to each banner (their term for pack), so it only affects that banner. They don't have a standard banner like our Premium Portal, so it would be like each Event/Theme pack having its own rates that start the same but change individually as your purchase them.

Eventually you can get a guaranteed 5* character, but you have to spend a couple hundred dollars to reach that. It's very rare to see the rate go higher than 20%, starting at 6% and going up by 0.5% every 5 pulls.
  • Options
    nljxv37kbn3k.png
  • Options
    So, just checked Dabo, and it doesn't have odds posted. Not sure how that works.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    glvli3jrurpb.jpeg

For those interested in the odds on the merit pull and basic pull as well. FYI the odds for the Uber expensive 6500 DIL pull are 90% super rare and 10% legendary.

EDIT: For the basic pull, it’s 6.14% basic equipment and 76.04% basic components with tiny odds for 1-3*. Plus 1.28% for each of 1-3* ship schematics.

The screenshots are very interesting, thank you. Do you have any more? Maybe shuttle boosts, gauntlet or Dabo? Many thanks!

Someone posted the shuttle boost pulls above... nothing for Dabo and Gauntlet that I can see.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    nljxv37kbn3k.png

This proves x10 standard is better than 3 premium pulls.
    Odds of a superrare or a legendary are basically the same. However 3 pulls gives you a slightly better chance of the legendary at the expense of getting a superrare. I think 7 extra rares is worth a slightly lower chance of the legendary of course this improves your chance of the superrare instead.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME!!!! Thank you for the transparency!!
  • Options
    If players buy 10x premium pack ... is it every single pull will be 1%? Or the entire pull will only have 1% chance?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If players buy 10x premium pack ... is it every single pull will be 1%? Or the entire pull will only have 1% chance?

It should be every single pull. The odds of a 3* or schematics would be over 100% if it was the entire pull.