Home The Bridge
Options

4.0.2 announcement

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Would someone on the new version mind having a look to see if the Gauntlet drop rates have been put in please?

The screen is accessible by going to the main gauntlet screen, pressing ‘i’ and selecting a loot box.

I’m expecting to see the chance of rare crew [edit: and high star item] drop advertised against the various loot box types.

rk3kkqz4w24d.jpeg
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, will 4.0.2 have a Fleederboard? Probably not.

#freestellar #maketheboard
  • Options
    Would someone on the new version mind having a look to see if the Gauntlet drop rates have been put in please?

The screen is accessible by going to the main gauntlet screen, pressing ‘i’ and selecting a loot box.

I’m expecting to see the chance of rare crew [edit: and high star item] drop advertised against the various loot box types.

rk3kkqz4w24d.jpeg

I logged on to steam to check this and drop rates for gauntlet are not in there. Probably something to flag for them in engineering.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the announcement
    • Pack and Offers' info text now displays drop rates

Gauntlet is neither pack nor offer.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are only required to put the drop rates on things that you purchase. Gauntlets and Voyages aren't something that can be purchased. Those are participation rewards.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are only required to put the drop rates on things that you purchase. Gauntlets and Voyages aren't something that can be purchased. Those are participation rewards.

There's some wiggle room both ways there as real currency can be used for Voyages to extend the voyage and thus potentially get something via RNG.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    For players that have been completely F2P from the moment they started the game (and never done an ad warp), gauntlet and voyage drop rates may not need to be advertised as no real purchases were ever made.

But for everyone else, who’s made an investment into a game with reward systems that are directly linked to crew strength, dil and merits refreshes, then drop rates absolutely need to be advertised.

Edit: in reference to Apple’s developer guidelines (rather than the update notes) which I’m pretty sure this update is intended to address.

“Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase” (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For players that have been completely F2P from the moment they started the game (and never done an ad warp), gauntlet and voyage drop rates may not need to be advertised as no real purchases were ever made.

But for everyone else, who’s made an investment into a game with reward systems that are directly linked to crew strength, dil and merits refreshes, then drop rates absolutely need to be advertised.

Edit: in reference to Apple’s developer guidelines (rather than the update notes) which I’m pretty sure this update is intended to address.

“Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase” (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/)

I bolded the significant part for you. For Purchase. Voyages and Gauntlet are not purchases. You may have purchased something else that helps you there, but you did not purchase a gauntlet loot crate. Therefore it does not fall under the Apple guideline.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

There's some wiggle room both ways there as real currency can be used for Voyages to extend the voyage and thus potentially get something via RNG.

The difference is you can play the gauntlet and run a voyage all the time without paying anything. The portals require you to pay to use them except when you get a free drop in event. So free pulls are extremely limited but voyages and gauntlet are unlimited and can be run 24/7.

That’s how they easily get around that

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

The difference is you can play the gauntlet and run a voyage all the time without paying anything. The portals require you to pay to use them except when you get a free drop in event. So free pulls are extremely limited but voyages and gauntlet are unlimited and can be run 24/7.

That’s how they easily get around that

It's even simpler than that. Voyages/Gauntlet drop while playing, portals are purchased. An in game currency is directly exchanged for a portal, no exchange takes place for voyages or gauntlet.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except portal items are also acquired through play as well, so them only being by purchase does not wash the other hand clean.

Gauntlet rewards, community rewards, etc.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

I bolded the significant part for you. For Purchase. Voyages and Gauntlet are not purchases. You may have purchased something else that helps you there, but you did not purchase a gauntlet loot crate. Therefore it does not fall under the Apple guideline.

"Apps offering “loot boxes” or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving EACH TYPE of item to customers prior to purchase"

I have a different question here. What "EACH TYPE" does exactly mean? There are many packs which include for example new purple character and existing purple character. In my opinion these two characters are different types of items. As long as their respective percentages differ there should be info included about both of these percentage values. And yes, I'm pretty sure these values are not the same.