Home The Bridge
Options

Worthless 1/5 star characters.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    (sigh)

The first rule about Airlock Club is you don't post about Airlock Club.
  • Options
    RabbRabb ✭✭
    Fuzzy Moo wrote: »
    As suggested earlier, the obvious solution, making everyone happy, would be the ability to freeze fully equipped cards. Please, DB?!

I'd say either this, or cunning option 2.... how about they draw a line somewhere, say, crew over a year old, and and below 'xxxx total base' or 'yyyy combined stats', and just increase their stats. Not even to current levels, but just to what good new event crew stats were a year ago.

It would create a stack of inevitable 'DB you swine, I airlocked that one last week' posts, but it would maybe reduce the problem some. Other games have done similar to make former legendary items/crew stay legendary, or legendary-ish
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Rabb wrote: »
    Fuzzy Moo wrote: »
    As suggested earlier, the obvious solution, making everyone happy, would be the ability to freeze fully equipped cards. Please, DB?!

I'd say either this, or cunning option 2.... how about they draw a line somewhere, say, crew over a year old, and and below 'xxxx total base' or 'yyyy combined stats', and just increase their stats. Not even to current levels, but just to what good new event crew stats were a year ago.

It would create a stack of inevitable 'DB you swine, I airlocked that one last week' posts, but it would maybe reduce the problem some. Other games have done similar to make former legendary items/crew stay legendary, or legendary-ish

I like this idea but I think it would lead to way too much whingeing from people who airlocked or would have picked a different behold then they would have with new stats etc.... Personally I think that would add new fun to the game and keep things interesting.
  • Options
    You guys know the achievement of immortalizing crews include duplicates, right? (Ie. You can immortalize sulu 1* 100 times and it counts 100 times)

Allowing to freeze FE crew would be a problem for DB to support now
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't have to count for immortalisation. If we could freeze fully equipped crew, it would solve crew space issues.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭

I'm not so sure... Immortalizing and Freezing are already two separate actions. It's just that the one is a requirement for the other. But it's not the freezing that counts towards the achievement, though...
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »

I'm not so sure... Immortalizing and Freezing are already two separate actions. It's just that the one is a requirement for the other. But it's not the freezing that counts towards the achievement, though...

That I have to defer to DB developers... but like you already mentioned, they are separate actions and some extra development needed to support this.
  • Options
    dunnagh wrote: »
    Mordack wrote: »
    Even in an engineering gauntlet I'm seldom use him because he only has the one skill. I picked him when I hadn't been playing long as I like the character, and for that same reason I'll never get rid of him. I wish I'd had a better understanding of the game when that behold came up, but there we go.

Same here. My first legendary was Shinzon. Have no clue what else what in that behold, but I guess the others were better choices.

I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Shinzon is not that bad. I use him a decent bit in my voyages, I just wish he had his Romulan trait back >.>

I guess it depends on how many stars he has. I have him at 2/5 at the current, making him still worse than Klingon Dukat in Shuttle Stats. His highest Gauntlet Rating is 435 SEC which makes him the 10th in my SEC roster (with Mirror Picard, T´Kuvma, Valeris, Romulan Kirk and Duelist Yar in front of him, just to Name a few very available characters) and finally he has a Voyage score of 2059 when 2/5 (base skills plus (min+max)/2 ) where he ranks 17th in my roster, with 16 others COM/DIP/SEC guys ranking better (including Alidar Jarok, Robin Hood, Captain Janeway and Agent Harris just to Name a few).

Finally , he has VERY bad traits. Reman and Clone never come up, leaving him with Villain and Human. I think I never saw both in the gauntlet together though.

Finally, when he is 5/5 at some Point in the future, he still is sub-par to most 5* characters and even some 4* characters. Robin Hood is about equal to him in shuttle stats, Tactical Michael Burnham, too.
  • Options

I don’t remember Bringing up his gauntlet ability, but I am well aware or how proficiency works and he has literally never made into one of my gauntlets. The arena is the only place he shines that I’m aware of. I can certainly appreciate the card though. Part because I like Scotty, partly because the art is decent.

Sorry then, seems I misunderstood. I never Play Arena really (I´m top 20% in Admiral, giving me enough schematics already and now I dont Need to Play anymore) so I never noticed.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    Even in an engineering gauntlet I'm seldom use him because he only has the one skill. I picked him when I hadn't been playing long as I like the character, and for that same reason I'll never get rid of him. I wish I'd had a better understanding of the game when that behold came up, but there we go.

Same here. My first legendary was Shinzon. Have no clue what else what in that behold, but I guess the others were better choices.

I feel like I'm the only person who thinks Shinzon is not that bad. I use him a decent bit in my voyages, I just wish he had his Romulan trait back >.>

I guess it depends on how many stars he has. I have him at 2/5 at the current, making him still worse than Klingon Dukat in Shuttle Stats. His highest Gauntlet Rating is 435 SEC which makes him the 10th in my SEC roster (with Mirror Picard, T´Kuvma, Valeris, Romulan Kirk and Duelist Yar in front of him, just to Name a few very available characters) and finally he has a Voyage score of 2059 when 2/5 (base skills plus (min+max)/2 ) where he ranks 17th in my roster, with 16 others COM/DIP/SEC guys ranking better (including Alidar Jarok, Robin Hood, Captain Janeway and Agent Harris just to Name a few).

Finally , he has VERY bad traits. Reman and Clone never come up, leaving him with Villain and Human. I think I never saw both in the gauntlet together though.

Finally, when he is 5/5 at some Point in the future, he still is sub-par to most 5* characters and even some 4* characters. Robin Hood is about equal to him in shuttle stats, Tactical Michael Burnham, too.

I was speaking from an immortal standpoint. Mine is immortalized and at that level he's pretty good for voyages. The villain trait is rather handy as not many crew actually have it and it pops up in voyages a fair amount of the time.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

I´d like that to some extent. Makes older Cards useful again. Making them Event Crew like Romulan Kirk or Sela this week is also a good way to imporove their usefulness
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I´d like that to some extent. Makes older Cards useful again. Making them Event Crew like Romulan Kirk or Sela this week is also a good way to imporove their usefulness

Retooling of older characters has been a staple of long term games I've played in the past. Lol, I remember MAA had an original launch character (Iron Fist) that they actually nerfed after buffing to hard, lol.